E-Insight Digital Marketing Blog
29 March 2010, Jonathan Saipe
Attached are Nielsen’s Online Market Highlights for February 2010.
Most notable online trends reported are as follows:
- The top 15 sites remain virtually unchanged
- 35-49 audience shows the largest increase month on month
- The top 5 sites reach 95% of the total online universe with Bing/MSN/Windows Live in second place after Facebook
- Member communities represent the most time spent online by consumers
- Google Search is the ‘stickiest’ online brand
- World of Warcraft is the number one application, in terms of average time spent on applications online
- Ebay remains number one in the e-commerce category
View the full Online Market Highlights – February 2010
27 March 2010, Jonathan Saipe
News International announced that The Times Online and Sunday Times Online will be moving to a paywall model for all of its online content as of June 2010.
21 March 2010, Jonathan Saipe
Having overseen the production of thousands of websites and their search campaigns since the mid-90’s, I’ve put together a guide covering 18 common SEO mistakes or omissions made by website owners or web designers.
11 March 2010, Jonathan Saipe
I was “privileged” to watch Bing’s UK ad last night on TV.
The proposition of reducing information overload is clear enough. So 8 out of 10 for clarity there.
It’s the creative execution that I’m just not sure about. The aim of the ad is no doubt to irritate viewers with its schizophrenic and fast paced exchange of dialogue and scenes, mirroring the experience searchers experience when using Google. Whilst the editing works for me, does it persuade me to us Bing? Most likely not.
Judge for yourself…
5 March 2010, Jonathan Saipe
All credit to the guys at SEOMoz for creating the SEO web developer’s cheat sheet; a 2-page PDF document that reminds developers of the all-important detail for search engine optimisation campaigns. Check it out…
23 November 2009, Rupert Hughes
When it comes to UX, companies’ internal systems (such as customer service or product management software) are often ignored, but a little investment here can reap big rewards elsewhere.