Google Tag Manager For Beginners Training Course
Learn how to set up, configure and get the best out of GTM
Course Details & Enrolment
|This course can be delivered to teams at your business or organisation.||Enquire Now|
|Course length: 0.5 day (9.30am - 1.00pm) includes digital copies of materials and certification|
Following this Google Tag Manager training course you will be able to:
- Set up, configure and test Google Tag Manger
- Decide how to structure your GTM implementation
- Use GTM's features for website analysis in GA4
- Confidently set up and test GA4 Events
- Configure GTM for Google Ad conversion tracking and social media management
- Adopt best practices when managing your Tags
- Add and manage GTM users
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of the course materials and four weeks post course support online.
Google Tag Manager (GTM) has fast become the go-to tool if you want a convenient way to manage your analytics implementation, or ad tracking tags on your website.
If you're a digital marketer, a digital analyst, or you work in ad ops or conversion optimisation, getting to grips with Google Tag Manager is a must, as it offers flexibility, with powerful functionality when managing tags.
This hands-on course will give you the skills to implement, test and measure Google Taq Manager, giving you the confidence to use it on a daily basis.
Overview of Google Tag Manager (GTM)
- Why use Google Tag Manager?
- How it works and when to use it
- How to access it and the steps required to set up an account
- Overview of user roles for GTM
Implementing Google Tag Manager
- How to install GTM on your website
- How to ensure it is working correctly
- Structuring your GTM implementation e.g. across multiple websites
- What is a data layer and what function does it serve
The Google Tag Manager Interface
- Navigating the Google Tag Manager user interface
- How GTM is structured: Tags, Triggers, Variables and Folders explained
- A review of the different built-in Tags available
- The different Trigger types and use cases for each one
Deploying Tags In Google Tag Manager
- Creating your first Tag; connecting GTM with Google Analytics 4
- Defining your Trigger conditions
- Setting up tags for Google Ads tracking and Social Media management
- Setting up tags with custom HTML
Managing GA4 Events
- Step-by-step how to set up GA4 Events in GTM
- How to add GA4 Event parameters
- Understanding basic CSS to measure page element engagement e.g. button clicks
- Tracking form submissions without a destination (conversion) page
Testing The Results
- Using debug mode to check GTM is working
- Tools to test your tags are firing correctly
The Google Tag Manager training course is suitable for anyone with beginner-level knowledge of GTM, looking to understand how to set up, configure and maximise their use of the tool.
We request that attendees have access to their own GTM account during the course.
The Google Tag Manager training course is led by Jonathan Saipe.
Jonathan has worked in digital for over 23 years. Prior to founding Emarketeers, he was head of digital at Publicis Technology. His hands-on experience in digital marketing and analytics is second to none. He has worked extensively with a huge range of clients, providing expertise across all key areas of digital marketing, and provides training, consulting and mentoring in Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
Read more about Jonathan Saipe »