Google Tag Manager For Beginners Training Course
Learn how to set up, configure and get the best out of GTM
Course Details & Enrolment
|This course can be delivered to teams at your business or organisation.||Enquire Now|
|Course length: 0.5 day (9.30am - 1.00pm) includes digital copies of materials and certification|
Following this Google Tag Manager training course you will be able to:
- Set up, configure and test Google Tag Manger
- Use GTM's features and maximise them for Google Analytics
- Configure GTM for ad tracking and social media management
- Set up Event tracking to measure content engagement or to create Google Analytics Event goals
- Adopt best practices when managing your Tags
- Add and manage GTM users
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of the course materials and four weeks post course support online.
Google Tag Manager (GTM) has fast become the go-to tool if you want a convenient way to manage your analytics implementation, or ad tracking tags on your website or app.
If you're a digital marketer, a web analyst, or you work in ad ops or conversion optimisation, getting to grips with Google Tag Manager is a must, as it offers flexibility, with powerful functionality when managing tags.
This hands-on course will give you the skills to implement, test and measure Google Taq Manager, giving you the confidence to use it on a daily basis.
Overview of Google Tag Manager (GTM)
- Why use Google Tag Manager?
- How it works and when to use it
- How to access it and the steps required to set up an account
Implementing Google Tag Manager
- How to install GTM on your website
- How to ensure it is working correctly
- What is a data layer and why you should use one
The Google Tag Manager Interface
- Navigating the Google Tag Manager user interface
- How GTM is structured: Tags, Triggers, Variables and Folders explained
- Overview of user roles for GTM
Deploying Tags In Google Tag Manager
- Creating your first Tag connecting GTM with Google Analytics
- Defining your Trigger conditions
- Setting up tags for Google Ads tracking and Social Media management
- Setting up tags with custom HTML
Managing Website Events
- How to set up tags to measure content engagement e.g. button clicks, PDF downloads, video plays
- Understanding basic CSS to track content engagement
- Adding Event tracking to external link clicks
Testing The Results
- Using debug mode to check GTM is working
- Checking Google Analytics to verify data collection
The Google Tag Manager training course is suitable for anyone with beginner-level knowledge of GTM, looking to understand how to set up, configure and maximise their use of the tool.
We request that delegates bring a laptop with Chrome browser installed and with access to their own GTM and Google Analytics accounts.
The Google Tag Manager training course is led by Jonathan Saipe.
Jonathan has worked in digital for over 23 years. Prior to founding Emarketeers, he was head of digital at Publicis Technology. His hands-on experience in digital marketing and analytics is second to none. He has worked extensively with a huge range of clients, providing expertise across all key areas of digital marketing, and provides training, consulting and mentoring in Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
Read more about Jonathan Saipe »