Advanced Email Marketing Training Course
Take your email marketing skills and activity to the next level
|This course can also be delivered on-site at your office||In-house Enquiry|
|Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments||* All prices exclude VAT|
Following this training course, you will understand:
- How to apply Lifecycle Marketing to your email marketing programme
- How to leverage meaningful touch points and use triggered campaigns to drive conversions/or relationships
- How to segment your data effectively
- Advanced persuasion techniques for your email design and copy
- How to apply effective principles of conversion to your campaigns to enhance results
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of course material to take away.
Email Marketing is the backbone to most digital marketing programmes – yet most marketers are not leveraging the full strength of this amazing channel.
Join us in learning how to go the next step and take your email programme up a notch. Benefit by receiving not only increased conversions, but also more satisfied customers and subscribers.
This course will build on our intermediate course and further advance delegates' email marketing skills and knowledge.
Introduction – Current & Future Trends
- Overview of the evolving trends in email marketing
- New and inspiring examples of email marketing solutions and opportunities
- Interactive emails: examples and best practices
- What’s coming up next in the world of email
Advanced Email Strategy
- Three strategic levers of email marketing
- Email's role at the top and bottom of the funnel
- Prioritising email strategy using SMART
- Adopting the 80/20 strategy
- Email as part of the integrated marketing mix
- Developing an email lifecycle strategy
- The four main approaches to successful segmentation
- The strengths of different segmentation methods
- How to pick the right real-world data for segmentation
- How to maximise behavioural data
Triggers and Email Automation
- Integrating broadcast and automation approaches
- Identifying your most valuable triggers
- Automation sequence mapping
- Common high converting trigger emails
- Conversion abandonement email strategy
Advanced Layout & Design
- The principle three C's of conversion
- The rules of a good image
- Plain doesn't mean bad: successful email design approaches
- Exploring the concept of persuasive design
- Building and testing effective landing pages
- Tips for using video in email
Email Content and Copywriting
- Four questions all emails must answer
- How email copy differs to other digital copy
- Using persuasion vs selling
- Crafting subject lines that convert
- Compelling calls to action: research and case studies
- Techniques writing effective email body copy
Developing Your Own Email Marketing Plan
The advanced email marketing course is aimed at anyone currently running or managing email marketing campaigns and are looking to step it up a level with more advanced strategies and tactics.
Typical attendees include: digital marketers, digital project managers or producers, sales teams, digital designers or copywriters.
Tim is a well known speaker, commentator and expert in the email marketing industry. He has more than 12 years' experience living and breathing email marketing.
His experience extends across B2B and B2C brands, with client email volumes anything up to 25 million emails per month. Tim also speaks regularly at conferences internationally about email marketing and blogs about the email marketing trends, sharing latest findings and results.
Read more about Tim Watson »
What people say
The course provided a good base understanding for generating email templates that will work across all email clients
The course matched my expectations, it's well-structured and easy to follow. Thanks to Tim for providing competent replies to all questions during the course!
A very useful and productive training session with a very small group, making the experience all the more tailored. This has been an invaluable course that I'll be able to utilise for a long time.
Fantastic course, great venue and a big thank you to Kath Pay who held the Advanced Email Marketing Course.
New Technology CADCAM
The course surpassed my expectations with regards to content and structure. Kath Pay gave us really useful advice and instruction in terms of next steps for email marketing, and gave me tangible ideas to take away and implement in my current job. I would highly recommend this course.
Emarketeers were kind enough to tailor the course to suit my team, which meant all the course content was relevant to them and they were gripped throughout. It was a long day but the trainer made every second count. Everyone got a lot out of the training - it really improved their understanding of good email content and design.
The National Autistic Society
The course provides a very effective view of the state of play in email marketing. It raised my awareness of new aspects that I might have underestimated or completely ignored!
What a wonderful environment to learn new tricks! Professional speakers to compliment!
I would definitely recommend the Advanced Email Marketing course - a great balance of theory and applicable ideas, without getting dry. It was great to cover so much ground in one day!
Cambridge University Press