Influencer Marketing Training Course
Harness the power of word-of-mouth marketing
Course Details & Enrolment
|This course can be delivered to teams at your business or organisation.||Enquire Now|
|Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes digital copies of materials and certification|
Following this training course, you will be able to:
- Understand the mind-set of an influencer so you can tailor your strategy to attract them
- Identify influencers and build a campaign which utilises them
- Build a compelling proposition to attract influencers
Understand the way word of mouth via influencers can help your business or organisation
- Measure what success looks like and how to measure success in a meaningful way
- Know what is illegal and what is considered bad practice
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, a digital copy of course material and four weeks post course support online.
It's a well-documented fact that a recommendation from someone you trust is more persuasive than any other form of marketing. The patterns of recommendations, and why some people do far more of it than others, has evolved to become known as influencer marketing.
The big question is, how do you find and talk to influencers who recommend most, and those whose recommendations hold more weight than others?
Emarketeers' Influencer Marketing course will help you unlock the power of word of mouth marketing, giving you insight into the psychology of influence, how to build a compelling proposition for influencers, and how to measure success.
With influencer marketing cited as one of the fastest-growing channels for customer acquisition, this course is one not to be missed.
Psychology of Influence
- Types of influencers – how they can be segmented and utilised, the roles they perform best
- Why people trust recommendations
- Why influencers feel compelled to recommend
- What makes an influencer more likely to share something
- What we need to give influencers to spark a greater number of conversations and recommendations
- How to capture the attention of an influencer
- Making advocates for life
- What not to do!
Online vs. Offline Word of Mouth
- What percentage of conversations and time spent on face-to-face vs. social media, or over text, phone and messenger services
- Understanding how the two interweave and how to make the most of each medium
- How much time people spend with different people and the opportunities for conversations across the day and week
- Time of day when people talk most on social media vs. real world
- What people are doing at the same time as having conversations online
- Correlation with consumption of other medias
- Differences between online and offline influencers; and how to tailor approaches to both groups
Building a Sticky Proposition For Influencers
- How to find and attract influencers
- Learn what elements you need to build into a campaign to capture the imagination of influencers
- Learn how to develop a proposition which influencers love
- How to weed out freebie hunters
- How much can you ask an influencer to do without paying them
- FTC guidelines on disclosure of promoted posts
- Making it a genuine experience for the influencer and their friends
- Paying influencers – the rules and best practise
- How can I measure the success of my campaigns?
- What does word of mouth success look like?
- What measures are decision makers most interested in?
- How to model offline word of mouth reach
- Can you measure a direct sales effect from these campaigns?
- Proven measurement models
The Influencer Marketing course is designed for anyone with an interest in or responsibility for planning or managing influencer marketing activity.
It is ideal for those with little to no knowledge of the discipline, as well as those with an understanding of some elements of influencer marketing, but who are seeking a comprehensive level of knowledge.
Typical attendees include brand managers/directors, marketing managers/directors, account handlers, planners or strategists, PR and social media professionals.
Jane Bellard is a senior word-of-mouth strategist with 14 years' experience in marketing. She started her career in PR working agency side on the likes of P&G, Dairy Crest and Westfield. After six years she made the move into word of mouth marketing. She founded word of mouth marketing agency Grapeviners, with clients including Anglian Water, ITN Productions, Stylfile, Jay Manuel Beauty and Infirst Healthcare.
Jane has provided training for clients including 3M, Uber and Anglian Water, she has lectured at Leeds Metropolitan University and is a regular speaker at Social Media Week London.
See more details on Jane Bellard »
What people say
Everything you would need to know for a taster into Influencer Marketing is in this course, with excellent case studies and a trainer you can learn so much from in a small space of time!
I thoroughly enjoyed the Emarketeers' Influencer Marketing Strategy one-day training course, which offered an invaluable insight into the mindset of both offline and online influencers. This in turn will enable me to approach grass-roots and expert influencers with more targeted, more attractive business propositions going forward.
The course instructor was a very warm, knowledgeable and engaging speaker! Would highly recommend them, the course and the venue.
Time to Change
Really enjoyed this course, it was tailored to suit our business and was a day well spent.