Looker Studio Training Course
Learn how to tell your data story with Looker Studio
Course Details & Enrolment
|This course can be delivered to teams at your business or organisation.
|Course length: Half day (9.30am - 1.00pm) includes digital copies of materials and certification
Following the Looker Studio training course, you will be able to:
- Navigate Looker Studio and use its key features
- Add data sources including Google Analytics, Google Ads and Google Sheets
- Add non-Google data sources including social media platforms
- Identify essential KPI’s for your dashboard and reports
- Tell your data story with insightful and beautiful visualisations
- Deepen your data visualisations with Looker Studio templates
All attendees will receive an attendance certificate and digital copies of course material.
Formerly called Google Data Studio, Looker Studio has fast become the go to tool to create dashboards and data visualisations to tell your story in data.
Looker Studio enables users to visualise data through highly configurable tables and charts. It can connect to multiple data sources including Google Analytics, Google Ads, Google Sheets, YouTube, BigQuery and social media platforms including Meta and LinkedIn Ads. And it allows you to share your insights with your team, organisation or clients.
However, getting to grips with its features can sometimes be challenging.
In this hands-on half-day Looker Studio training course, you will learn how to navigate the interface and successfully communicate your data through beautiful and insightful charts - from bar and pie charts, to geo maps and bubble graphs.
This course also complements our popular GA4 training course.
Introduction To Looker Studio
- Looker Studio's use cases and key features
- A tour around the Looker Studio interface
Creating Your Looker Studio Dashboard
- Structuring your data using Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Designing and mocking-up your Looker Studio dashboard
Adding Data Sources
- Connecting your data with Google Connectors inc. Google Analytics, Google Ads, Search Console, Google Sheets etc
- Using Partner Connectors inc. Supermetrics, Power My Analytics and other partner connectors
- Connecting third party platforms including Meta, LinkedIn and others
- Blending data sources together
- Implementing the Looker Studio API
Building Your Looker Studio Dashboard
- Using different types of dashboard widgets inc. graphs, scorecards, charts and calendars
- Customising your dashboard layout: orientation, pagination, colours, fonts and custom branding
- Using Looker Studio Explorer to draft your dashboard widgets
- Using advanced features inc. filters, segments and custom metrics
- Using the Template Gallery to gain further inspiration
- Sharing dashboards with team members, colleagues or clients
The Looker Studio course is suitable for digital marketers, digital analysts, business analysts, product owners, website owners or any roles in marketing and communications looking to enhance their data visualisations.
No previous experience of Looker Studio is required.
The Looker Studio training course is led by industry veteran, Remco Van Der Beek.
Remco has over 10 years experience in digital marketing and analytics. He was a senior consultant at Nedstat (now comScore), Europe's leading digital analytics vendor, and worked with many large organisations as an external or internal consultant, such as France Telecom. Remco is a passionate advocate of digital analytics and brings his huge experience and enthusiasm to each analytics training course.
Read more about Remco Van Der Beek »