Content Strategy & Operations Training Course
Successfully plan, create and deliver your online content
|This course can also be delivered on-site at your office||In-house Enquiry|
|Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments||* All prices exclude VAT|
Following this course, you will understand:
- How to prioritise and plan content, so projects start, progress and conclude more effectively
- How content strategy deploys alongside existing disciplines
- The integration of content strategy and content operations
- How to adopt a strategic and planned approach to successful content delivery
- The skills and resources required to deliver and manage a content strategy
- What a good content strategy and content operations structures looks like
- Key content tools and processes
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of course material and four weeks post course support online.
Content strategy and operations address the increasingly complex demands that organisations place on the creation, delivery, management and measurement of content across web and social media platforms.
With content and its marketing sitting at the heart of customer acquisition and retention, its importance cannot be underestimated.
Content strategy and operations skills, tools and processes blend established disciplines – such as communications and editorial planning, marketing and content - with newer disciplines including: digital workflow management and authoring, behavioural insight and analytics. It also encompasses organisational management and strategic planning.
Delivered by ex-Googler Carolina Vicente, this training course will help organisations understand how content strategy and content operations work, their positive impact, and how and why it needs to be deployed across any business or organisation.
Introducing Content Strategy & Operations
- Why content strategy and content operations are essential business skills
- Building content strategy and operations into your existing disciplines and workload
- The changing nature of content - not just what, but where and how
- How mobiles and tablets have transformed audiences and the content they want (need)
- Responsive content vs. adaptive content - is your organisation responding and adapting enough?
- GDPR - what the data protection changes mean for digital content strategy
Evolving Your Content Strategy
- What type of content organisation are you?
- Who in the organisation is (should be) responsible for content
- Getting buy-in - from C-suite to subject-matter experts
- Audience and content behaviours on different devices
- Adapting existing skills to the needs of a mobile marketplace
- Future-proofing - how do you keep up with the ever faster pace of change?
When Content Goes Bad
- Business risks and missed opportunities
- When and how organisations get it wrong
What Great Content Planning Looks Like
- Case studies and best practices
- Breaking down the components of content strategy: planning, creating and maintaining
- Templates for preparing supporting strategy documentation - for use, not the bookshelf
- Evaluating what you already have and what you need - the content itself, and the skills and resources you need to deploy it effectively
- Qualitative and quantitative auditing
- Sector and competitor analysis
- Audience definition, needs and expectations
- Measurement and metrics: understanding business goals and interpreting the data for your organisation
- Content marketing as an effective component within content strategy
The Content: How It Works and Moves
- Understanding the device revolution - touch, size and context
- Planning for the content revolution - moving beyond words and pictures
- Planning for the changing nature of social and search
- Measuring effectiveness: the right success and performance measures (and a word or two about the wrong ones)
This training course will suit anyone with direct or evolving responsibility for producing, managing or overseeing content, with particular emphasis on online projects. It is relevant to client or agency teams and includes: marketers, copywriters, web managers, publishers, customer service managers, editors, PR and media professionals.
The Content Strategy & Operations training course will be led by Carolina Vicente.
Carolina has 18 years' marketing and content leadership experience across a number of geographies and B2B/D2C and B2B2C companies, and is a specialist in driving growth through multi-channel digital strategies.
She is a well-known and respected industry thought-leader and ex-Googler, speaking regularly at industry events, particularly those supporting sustainable innovation through digital technology.
Read more about Carolina Vicente »
What people say
Engaging, relevant and informative!
East Sussex County Council
Great course! Would recommend it highly. The course content was engaging and thought provoking, and the trainer clearly had substantial real-world industry experience to draw on when answering our questions.
East Sussex County Council
I found the Digital Content Strategy course stimulating and highly relevant. Anne's presentation was excellent - excellent and intelligent.
Alexandra (MWUK Ltd)
The course was delivered in a very professional way. Excellent venue and atmosphere. The pace was adapted to all participants and the content was useful and interesting. A lot of study cases and examples made the theory easy to be implemented in practice later on. Very motivating and enriching course!
A well-run course, that was highly efficient, and helped me establish a content strategy fit for all my clients! I came out understanding how to develop team morale when creating and seeing through content projects! Not to mention, Anne was fabulous!
A great course that helped me sharpen and consolidate my content planning skills, and inspired me to work differently with my clients.
Anne was very informative and had the great ability of jumping into those topics that we really wanted to concentrate on. Recommended!
Such a great course, well taught and engaging. I'm looking forward to putting into practise what I learnt on the course. Anne was a great tutor as well! Would highly recommend this to others.
Essex County Council
It was great to talk about such a niche area with a number of other experts in the field, learning that our troubles are shared and that there are a number of ways to work on them.
Great course. Learnt lots! It was an intimate and relaxing learning environment. Tutor was incredibly knowledgeable.
University of Hertfordshire