CRO (Conversion Rate Optimisation) Training Course
Optimise your website or email to improve online conversions
Course Details & Enrolment
|Live Online Course||£399.00 (19% off)||Book Now|
|Live Online Course||£399.00 (19% off)||Book Now|
|This course can be delivered to teams at your business or organisation.||Enquire Now|
|Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes digital copies of materials and certification||* All prices exclude VAT|
Following the CRO training course, you will understand:
- The key elements of a Conversion Rate Optimisation strategy
- How to implement CRO techniques for your website, email or app
- Factors that can negatively impact on conversions
- The core ingredients of successful landing pages
- How to set up, implement and measure A/B split-tests
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of course material to take away.
Exposing your website or email campaign to visitors or subscribers is only half the battle. The other half is getting them to click, buy or enquire. Your marketing efforts are potentially wasted if visitors or subscribers leave your website, or delete your email, without some kind of positive action happening.
You are probably too close to look at your own content from a customer perspective. You know what your copy means, how your navigation works and the real value of your products and services. Unfortunately, your customers may have less understanding or tolerance and will not engage with you.
Emarketeers' CRO training course is a mix of traditional training and consultancy, as CRO theory is explained using attendees’ websites, all of which the trainer reviews before the course. Furthermore, exercises throughout the day give you the chance to apply CRO principles to your website with the support of our experienced CRO trainer.
The Psychology of Conversion Rate Optimisation
- Understanding the psychology of CRO
- The importance of perceived value and cost
- What is Thought Sequence and why is it important?
- The critical role of Eye-Path
- How to improve a web page’s Visual Sequence
Value Proposition & CRO
- How to express your Value Proposition to improve outcomes
- The 6 types of Value Propositions
- The 3 essential qualities of an effective Value Proposition
- How to find evidence to support your Value Proposition
- Confirming the validity of your Value Proposition
- Deciding which Value Proposition to use when you’ve more than one
Friction - Minimising Customer Effort
- What is Friction
- Understanding funnel length
- When to use long versus short pages
- The issue of multiple Call-To-Actions and choice
- How to design forms to minimise friction
- The role of incentive to counter perceived friction
Anxiety - Minimised Perceived Risk
- How anxiety impacts on potential conversions
- Understanding the different types of Anxiety
- How to address each type of Anxiety
- How to discover if your visitors have Anxiety
Moment of Orientation - The Critical First 5 Seconds
- Understanding the critical first 5 seconds:
- How to discover orientation issues from analytics
- The vital importance of scent
- The 3 questions all landing pages must answer
- Overview of the 4 essential elements for all landing pages
- The benefits of using a familiar template
- Why and how to perform a 5-second test
- A/B split-testing methodology explained
- Popular A/B split-testing tools
- The importance of Statistical Significance
- Setting up a successful A/B split-test
- The 4 mistakes often made when A/B testing
Emarketeers' CRO training course is suitable for anyone looking to optimise their website content or emails through a structured testing programme.
Typical attendees include: digital project managers or producers, digital designers, user experience professionals, web analysts or budding CRO professionals.
Delegates are requested to bring a WiFi enabled laptop for exercises throughout the day.
The CRO training course will be led by James Eckhardt.
James has been involved in digital communications since 1986, when he launched a national network of music bulletin boards. After this early involvement in the pre-internet, he founded a digital agency, providing services to leading content providers and portals including Conde Nast, BSkyB and Virgin Media.
In 2011, joined the world-renowned Conversion Rate Optimisation agency, Conversion Rate Experts as a senior CRO consultant.
Read more about James Eckhardt »
What people say
The CRO course was very helpful, clear and well-explained. I definitely recommend it for a first approach to CRO.
Chemist and Druggist
The course was well presented and structured, taking me through the different elements of CRO in a logical order. It was very thought provoking and gave me lots of ideas to go back to the office with.
Excellent, well presented course that will give you new ideas for improving the conversion rate of your website.
Extremely useful and thought provoking - James was an excellent trainer with a fantastic depth of knowledge to draw upon that gave the content and learning even more credibility.
This course really covers well the linkage between what matters to visitors, what turns them off and what needs to be done on the page to uplift conversions.
The course was well presented by a trainer who very clearly knew his subject inside out.
The Wine Society
This course was excellent, as it broke the elements of CRO down into a logical order, making it very easy to understand. I've got lots of ideas to take back to my business now.
The Conversion Rate Optmisation course allows you to step back and look at your website with fresh eyes, using valuable tools you can take away, to help you improve your online journeys for customers.
Royal Bank of Scotland
It was really useful and we can apply learnings in my team straight away - thank you!
Wilmington Business Intelligence
The instructor is very knowledgeable of the topic, open and flexible. During the course they made sure that all our questions were answered and that everybody got what they needed from the training course. They gave a lot of examples and used a lot of references to help us understand the processes. The facilities are amazing, the venue is modern and cozy and all staff was very friendly and helpful.
Institution of Mechanical Engineers