GDPR For Digital Marketers Training Course
Learn the fundamentals of GDPR compliance within digital marketing
Following this training course, you will better understand:
- The language and common terms relating to GDPR
- Non-compliance risks and how to avoid them
- How GDPR will impact digital marketing activity such as email marketing, paid search and social advertising
- Overcoming GDPR challenges in digital marketing
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of course material and four weeks post course support online.
Any organisation engaging in digital marketing, be it email marketing, paid search, or social media advertising, should be aware of the need to comply with data protection laws. The legal consequences of non-compliance would be unwelcome, and the practical consequences for a brand or its suppliers, may be a disaster.
The current laws have been updated and the new law, the General Data Protection Regulation (or GDPR) is now effective. Many businesses in all sectors are currently trying to understand the challenges associated with ensuring compliance, and ongoing issues thereafter.
Led by legal specialist, Sherree Westell, this GDPR course aims to provide clarity of the new laws, the issues that may be challenging your organisation as it engages in digital marketing, and the steps to take in order to gain compliance and reduce risks.
Setting The Scene
- Reviewing the current digital marketing sector and anticipated future developments
- Understanding common terms and terminology within the sector and GDPR legislation such as: Data Subjects, Data Controllers, Privacy Impact Assessments, Privacy by Design, Right to be Forgotten
- Non-compliance risks
Background To GDPR & Digital Marketing
- A brief summary of the current legislation and the new law
- Background to the development and publication of the GDPR
- An outline of the basics of compliance
- GDPR compliance challenges within the digital marketing sector
- How Brexit could impact GDPR
Consent & Opt In/Opt Out
- Rules applicable to digital engagement via websites and social media channels
- Opt in and opt out legislation with email marketing and direct marketing
- Rules around multi-channel engagement and re-use of data
- An outline of steps to ensure your practices are compliant
- What are legitimate interests?
- Overview of how this can help in practice, with digital direct marketing and social media marketing
- How to implement a legitimate interest basis for processing
- What does profiling constitute?
- How does profiling relate to digital marketing?
- Ensuring profiling can be undertaken compliantly
Data Processing For Others
- How to ensure that processing data on behalf of others does not increase your organisation’s risks
Myths – And Tips And Traps
- Summary of myths
- A reminder of key risks and how to deal with them
- Big Data, IOT, AI and the future
This course is relevant to anyone working in digital teams with responsibility for data handling and processing, digital marketing or multi-channel marketing. This is an entry level course. No previous experience of data legislation, or GDPR is required.
The course content is relevant to any organisation marketing or doing business in the EU, or monitoring activities of people in the EU. The content is also relevant on a worldwide basis to such organisations.
The GDPR For Digital Marketers course is led by legal expert Sherree Westell.
Sherree is a highly experienced solicitor who has been advising clients on data protection issues, as well as IT, digital and social media law, for well over 20 years. She is currently working with a range of clients on GDPR compliance programmes.
Read more about Sherree Westell »
What people say
What could have been a pretty dry subject was delivered in a very well structured and conversational manner. I found it very interesting and took a lot from the day.
Solid Solutions Group
A very accessible course on a very difficult subject. Content was a the right level and relevant, delivery excellent. Recommend to any digital marketers struggling with this topic.
I would strongly recommend the GDPR course for digital marketeers. A vital tool to help you navigate through the new regulations and how they apply to your business
If you are looking for a training course delivered to a high standard then I would definitely recommend them.
HEE/NHS Leadership Academy
The course trainer was great to listen to and imparted their expert knowledge very clearly, encouraging discourse within the group