Agile For Creative & Digital Teams Training Course
Successfully deliver digital projects using Agile methodologies
Course Details & Enrolment
|This course can be delivered to teams at your business or organisation.
|Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes digital copies of materials and certification
Following this Agile training course, you will be able to:
- Identify when an Agile approach to digital projects is beneficial
- Understand the key terminology, principles and ceremonies within Agile environments
- Understand how to successfully deliver projects from start to finish using an Agile framework
- Weigh up the differences between popular Agile methodologies including Scrum, Kanban and others
- Learn how to get the right balance of stakeholder involvement
- Improve collaboration across the disciplines within the project team
- Use Agile tools to plan, forecast and manage projects
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, a digital copy of course material and four weeks post course support online.
As digital projects become more complex, user-centric and multi-faceted, managing them successfully has become increasingly challenging.
And it's for this very reason that digital teams are choosing to run projects using Agile principles and methodologies, in order to increase success. In fact, the Standish Group reported that Agile trained teams increased project success by 23%.
This one-day immersive Agile training course will teach attendees Agile principles, ceremonies and techniques, that will help them successfully manage and deliver projects within Agile environments, resulting in better managed projects, more effective internal processes, reduced risk, and ultimately happier end-users.
Introducing Agile Principles
- Differences between Agile and other digital development approaches
- A review of the Agile manifesto
- Key Agile principles and terminology
- Exercise: delivering incrementally
- The various flavours of Agile: from Scrum to Kanban and more
Agile On Digital Projects
- Components of a typical web project - information architecture, design, user research and coding
- Collaboration and feedback as key elements of delivery
- User-centricity and working with user stories
- Iterative development with sitemaps and wireframes
- Testing - when and how
- What does “done” mean?
- Using the different team skillsets when running Agile projects
- Common challenges faced when applying Agile to digital projects
- Advantages of an Agile approach to digital projects
- When to use Agile (and when not to)
Running Agile Projects With Scrum
- The Scrum lifecycle
- Roles - Product Owner vs ScrumMaster
- Developing User stories
- Ceremonies - standups, sprints, retrospectives, showcases
- Estimation - T-shirt sizing and story points
- Artefacts - User stories, product backlog, sprint backlog,
- Tracking progress - planning board and burn-down charts
- Hands on running a sprint
Governance of Agile Projects
- The PM is dead - long live the PM
- What management wants (and needs) to know
- Project Manager vs ScrumMaster vs Product Owner: ownership and governance
- Managing and communicating scope, plan, progress, costs, risks
Emarketeers' Agile project management course is suitable for project managers, producers, designers, UX professionals, developers, or anyone working in creative or digital teams, who want a better grasp of the framework, principles and practices of Agile.
This Agile training course will be run by Tony Willoughby, a highly experienced Agile consultant, trainer and mentor.
Tony has a lifetime of experience delivering Agile projects working with clients including: Sapient, Lloyds of London, Sky, ITV and Channel 4.
Read more about Tony Willoughby »
What people say
This is a great introduction to Agile for time poor, requirement heavy business analysts! A day well worth spending - will save you weeks in the long run!!
Enjoyable and interactive. The trainer was very knowledgeable and used very good examples to demonstrate subjects and to answer questions.
The course provided an excellent introduction to Agile; now the whole team can see the benefits and we are all excited about starting to implement what we have learned!
This is a great course for those seeking a solid overview of Agile and how it can impact your web projects. I would definitely recommend to colleagues.
Great intro into Agile thinking and methodology from an established and experienced course leader!
Great course, well worth taking training for a complex subject like Agile project management.
This was a fantastic primer for applying Agile principles to my situation. I'm actually able to improve efficiency in my workplace right away!
The course gave me a great introduction to how I might deploy Agile Web Project Management within our organisation. The presenter was knowledgeable and helpful so we were able to gain a good insight into any practical issues and opportunities.
Interesting insight into Agile Project Management. A great course that gave me a real insight into a less traditional project management style. To fit it all into one day was a big ask, but training felt relaxed and pace was right due to trainers competence. Thoroughly enjoyed the day.
City of London Police
Perfectly pitched (SCRUM-centric) seminar on Agile techniques.