Social Media Advertising Training Course
Learn how to manage, measure and optimise advertising on social channels
|This course can also be delivered on-site at your office||In-house Enquiry|
|Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments||* All prices exclude VAT|
Following this training course, you will be able to:
- Understand which social media platforms are right for your organisation
- Understand the key components for a social advertising brief
- Discover the different types of advertising options available
- Write best practice content for social ads
- Target the most relevant audience for different ads
- Comprehend how to buy and manage social ads
- Define and measure your social advertising KPI’s
- Integrate social media advertising across all channels
- Launch your social media advertising campaign
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of course material and four weeks post course support online.
Social media platforms have created many new forms of advertising: from Facebook to Twitter and YouTube to LinkedIn. There are many complex options, and specific rules to follow to get results.
The Emarketeers Social Media Advertising course takes a hands-on, practical approach, explaining the available platforms and evaluating the paid advertising options for your organisation.
This one day intensive course will illustrate the different elements of the social media advertising toolkit, enabling you to return to the office with the knowledge and skills needed to launch your social advertising campaign.
Need help choosing the right course? Compare our social media courses »
Understand the platforms and advertising opportunities
- Why social media advertising is used and what it can achieve
- Evaluate the choices, benefits and challenges across the major social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Decide if the niche platforms are right for your business including SlideShare, Instagram and Pinterest plus others
- Understand best practice and what works by reviewing case studies
Learn about available ad formats
- Differences between promoted posts, tweets, lead generation cards, pins, images and other ads
- A/B testing and other options
- Content guidelines; ad sizes and image standards
- How to write for social advertising
Choosing relevant targeting and audience options
- Building custom and lookalike audiences and applicable channels
- Demographic factors: age, gender, location, role and more...
- Targeting behaviours and interests
Managing and measuring social media advertising
- Setting budgets and KPIs: how to define success
- Bidding options from CPC, CPM and Cost Per Action; what’s allowed and where
- Managing campaigns and monitoring the results
- Calculating ROI using web analytics and conversion tracking
How Social Advertising fits into your wider strategy
- Ensuring consistency with your creative, and brand tone of voice
- Monitoring the competition
- Integrating paid and non-paid for social activity
The Social Media Advertising training course is aimed at anyone with rudimentary knowledge of social media advertising looking for new ideas and techniques to optmise their social media ad campaigns.
Annmarie Hanlon is a digital, content and strategic marketing specialist and trainer with over 20 years experience, focusing in particular on digital marketing and social media.
She is a keynote speaker on Digital Marketing for the Institute of Directors, a Digital Marketing tutor for Oxford College of Marketing and guest lecturer for University of Derby.
Read more about Annmarie Hanlon »
What people say
Extremely knowledgeable & helpful tutor who took her time to explain and assign every aspect of the course to our everyday business needs. Highly recommend.
For someone with a diy approach to social media now working in a corporate environment, I feel more balanced and confident in my approach to social media and content creation. I highly reccommend this course to anyone who thought they had a reasonable understanding of social media.
The social media advertising course was highly practical and focused. There was plenty of scope for questions so that the delegates could find out the specific information that they needed. The course leader was authoritative and erudite.
Really professional yet laid back, informative course. Would highly recommend.
Althea UK and Ireland Ltd
If you are looking for a comprehensive course on the ever-evolving topic of social media advertising, look no further. The course provider was extremely professional and helpful and the course was very thorough and useful to my company.
The Social Media Advertising course gave me great insight in to the broad range of platforms available for advertising. It encouraged me to implement my knowledge and inspired me to want to learn more.
Annmarie was an excellent, engaging and educated tutor, and the course covered all social platforms. I came away knowing exactly which platforms were best for my company objectives and how I can maximise my return of investment.
The course leader was very knowledgeable and professional. She is highly experienced so had a lot to share about her past experiences and ideas about social media marketing in general. As the course was small, we were all able to ask questions and share ideas.
Annmarie's knowledge of Digital Marketing practices and paid advertising is excellent. If you are just starting out and need an overview of how to plan for paid social campaigns, I would highly recommend this course.
The trainer was extremely well-qualified to deliver this course and she tailored the material to our particular needs very well. I now feel very confident to apply social media advertising and the whole subject of social media for business.
Hertfordshire County Council