Advanced SEO Training Course
Take your SEO skills and campaigns to the next level
|This course can also be delivered on-site at your office||In-house Enquiry|
|Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments||* All prices exclude VAT|
Following this training course, you will understand how to:
- Plan future integrated SEO campaigns based on the latest search opportunities
- Carry out advanced keyword research based on revenue modelling
- Roll-out best practice SEO for different sectors, devices, content and SEO campaigns
- Comprehensively audit websites for best practice technical SEO
- Plan SEO activity, strategies and forecast results
- Roll-out best practice link strategies
- Successfully recover from penalties
- Use tools to measure and identify insights for SEO
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of course material and four weeks post course support online.
Over the last decade, the SEO industry has been through tumultuous change, with brands and agencies continually seeking out new strategies to improve organic search performance.
With the vast majority of brands at the mercy of Google's algorithm updates, uncovering new SEO tactics that are proven to yield positive results is becoming increasingly difficult.
This advanced SEO training course will instil you with new strategies and tactics, both on and off-page, enabling you to react to Google's updates, raise the bar against your competitors and plan your future SEO campaigns with confidence.
This interactive and lively course is the perfect next step to our SEO Foundation course.
Need help choosing the right course? Compare our SEO courses »
Setting the Scene
- The fundamentals of Google and the theory behind Google rankings
- A discussion around SEO hot topics: hype or reality?
- Thinking like Google: a review of the latest algorithm updates
- Q&A algorithm help: problem solving discussion
- Google Quality Guidelines: resources to read and trust
- Advice on how to avoid penalties and still perform well in search
- Latest developments in voice search and mobile SEO
Advanced SEO Strategy and Planning
- Defining types of searcher intent and how they impact SEO planning
- Optimising and future-proofing information architecture, navigation, taxonomy and workflow
- Defining SEO metrics, KPIs, ROI and conversion modelling
- Organisational processes: getting internal buy-in, budgets and structuring campaigns/teams
- Outsourcing SEO and selecting an SEO supplier
- Using enterprise tools to understand market share insights
- Understanding personalisation of search
- Resourcing your SEO, structuring teams, key dependencies and workflows
Advanced Technical SEO: Strategy & Tools
- The future of technical SEO
- Using enterprise tools to run SEO campaigns, create reports and dashboards
- Competitor analysis tools: finding the low hanging fruit
- Using tools to carry out on-page audits e.g. of metas, errors and site speed issues
- Keyword research and strategy building: scraping, forensics, prioritising and 3D mapping
- Free tools, plugins and Excel functions
- Backlink analysis tools: mining link data and gaining SEO insights from social media
- Analytical and tracking tool demos
- Mastering boolean search operators and using Google itself as a tool
Advanced On-page Optimisation
- Implementing perfect on-page SEO e.g. metas, site structure, image SEO and rank sculpting
- Essential on-page issues that influence your SEO
- The importance of integrating structured data and schemas
- Building accelerated mobile pages (AMP)
- Sitemap best practice and index status checking
- Writing for language processors e.g. NLP/LSI machine learners
- Enhancing click-throughs in SERPs
- Launching and optimising multi-lingual sites and content
- SEO recovery techniques; disavowing links and other common SEO issues
- Dealing with thin or duplicate content and keyword mapping/deployment
- Controlling robots with canonical tags and robots.txt
- Diagnosing crawl issues: URL parameters, http headers, uncrawlable content and server logs
- Reviewing and calibrating optimisations e.g. cannibalised ranks and keyword difficulty
Advanced Off-page Optimisation
- Authentic link building policies, theory, practice, tooling and risks
- Effective link building types, prospecting and go-to strategies
- Understanding no/follow links, natural link networks (or PBNs) and balancing opportunities
- Amplification opportunities; YouTube SEO, SEO affiliate marketing
- Traffic volume optimisation and paid integrations/loading
- Local SEO: strategies and tactics
- Social, PR and ORM SEO functionalities, opportunities and recommendations
This course is aimed at brands or agency-side digital marketers, or SEO practitioners with previous experience running or managing SEO activity.
This advanced course is the next step up from our SEO Foundation course.
The advanced SEO training course will be led by industry veteran Matt Wright.
Matt has over 9 years' SEO experience across all disciplines. Until recently, he was an SEO analyst at the Telegraph, and prior to that, he worked for independent publishers, start-ups, agencies and blue chip organisations.
Matt has been featured on Search Engine Watch, Econsultancy and Moz, and his favourite all time result was increasing Cancer Research's UK search traffic by 300%.
Read more about Matt Wright »
What people say
A very solid overview of advanced SEO techniques, from the technical to real-life scenarios - the day flew by and was extremely interesting.
The Ideal Marketing Company
This course was definitely the best I've been on. Good lecturer and attendees made it worth the money. I would recommend this course to everyone.
Excellent course taught very well and covered everything to assist in SEO.
The course was jam packed full of the latest knowledge and practices in the crazy world of SEO.
I thoroughly enjoyed the Advanced SEO course. It consolidated everything learnt on the SEO course and gave me an extra level of knowledge. I feel like an expert on SEO best practice!