Digital Copywriting Training Course
Turbo-boost your digital copywriting skills
Course Details & Enrolment
|This course can be delivered to teams at your business or organisation.||Enquire Now|
|Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes digital copies of materials and certification|
Following the Digital Copywriting training course, you will be able to:
- Write digital content that communicates, persuades and sells more effectively
- Understand how web and email impact on writing
- Ensure that your key messages stand out and are immediately understood by your audience(s)
- Develop organisational policies and processes to guarantee consistently excellent digital writing (including tone-of-voice)
- Sell the value of high quality digital copywriting within your organisation
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of course material and four weeks post course support online.
It has been proven time and time again that copy has a huge impact on audience perceptions, and is key to how organisations communicate, persuade or sell. Exceptional digital copy will therefore play a critical role in your organisation's success.
Emarketeers' practical digital copywriting training course offers research-based best practice that will demonstrably help you improve your website or email conversions and engagement.
We will use many real-life examples and re-write exercises, making this a fun day, that will help you to develop confidence in your new copywriting skills.
The course will leave you super-energised to start improving your digital copy the next day
Understanding Your Audience
- How people read online - the impact on digital copywriting
- Profiling – ways to understand your audience better, so you can write for them more effectively
- Scrolling - encouraging people to scroll and how to manage it if they don’t
- Offers and promotions – how to get people reading this critical content
- Legibility - ensure your text is easy to read on the screen
Choosing The Right Language
- What sort of language should you use online?
- Grammar - how fussy should we be?
- Guidelines and exercises on: vocabulary, sentences and paragraphs
- Tone-of-voice – developing consistency and excellence within an organisation
- Concision – how can we be more concise…and when is content too concise?
Communicate, Persuade And Sell
- Attract attention - make sure your core messages get looked at
- ‘Brainstem simple’ - create pages that get your message across to audiences, without them even realising it
- Front-loading – using techniques to maximise business benefit in your writing
- Guidelines and exercises on: headings, formatting, lists, links and buttons
- Structure and persuasion – arguments, narratives, metaphors, personality types and persuasion principles
Understanding how readability tools work
Common readability metrics and what they mean
Using readability scores to evaluate and optimise content
- Managing a team – how to support your organisation in creating online content that is consistently excellent
- Review and editing of others’ work – practical advice to help make this quick, effective and efficient
The Digital Copywriting course is ideal for anyone involved in writing, curating or editing website or email copy and content. Typical attendees include: copywriters, content editors, marketers or project managers.
Emarketeers' Digital Copywriting training course is led by Tim Fidgeon, one of the UK’s leading trainers in copywriting and user experience. He has worked in digital marketing since the 90's and has a background in psychology and usability.
Tim has worked with a considerable number of major brands, including Coca-Cola, Sony, Vodafone and General Motors.
Read more about Tim Fidgeon »
What people say
Writing for the web is an essential course for anyone involved with marketing their business. The trainer was a fantastic instructor, full of useful knowledge about content writing, and made the entire day a fun learning experience!
The Honourable Society of Gray's Inn
I feel like I have learnt more on this course then I did when I was back in school. The trainer was very engaging and very informative. I would highly recommend this course to anybody who has an interest in writing content for the web, or would like to know the psychology behind our behavior towards online content, both on the web and social platforms.
Great course & great trainer. I learned exactly what I needed from it! Highly recommended.
The Social Sourcery
Recently attended Emarketeers Writing for the Web course. Highly recommend - lots of useful info learnt in a jam-packed day. Left feeling very motivated, informed and inspired!
Writing for the Web is an excellent course for beginners and experts alike. The material is delivered in an entertaining and engaging way.
Tim was an excellent presenter. His recommendations were backed up with extensive research on best practice rather than opinion. The course will come in good use when formulating engaging and memorable content in future.
Excellent course. Thorough, clear and interesting - I learned a lot!
Anglia Ruskin University
The trainer was fantastic - very funny and engaging. I've gained some very useful knowledge and thoroughly enjoyed myself.
University of Reading
Writing for the Web was that rare mixture in a course: informative, interesting and fun. The practical exercises provided just the right level of challenge to reinforce the lessons and concepts outlined by the presenter, and explored in the various points of discussion.
University of Reading
The course was a great introduction to writing for the web and the tutor was very engaging and helpful, I took away some useful advice. The food was also great.