Digital Marketing Essentials Training Course
Learn the fundamental concepts of digital marketing in 1 day
|This course can also be delivered on-site at your office||In-house Enquiry|
|Course length: 1 day (9.00am - 5.30pm) includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments||* All prices exclude VAT|
Following this training course you will have a better understanding of:
Essential digital marketing jargon, the key channels and the underlying principles
How to put together a digital marketing strategy
How to set KPIs for your online marketing activity
Running successful SEO campaigns
Paid search with AdWords and Bing Ads
Social Media advertising in a business context
How to effectively plan your email marketing campaigns
Analytics: what to measure and how to run tests to continuously improve performance
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, a digital copy of the course material and four weeks post course support online.
Digital Marketing can be a confusing place full of acronyms, jargon and constant change. This intensive one-day course aims to cover the absolute fundamentals of digital marketing from search to social, advertising to analytics, and more.
You'll check how you much you already know, grasp some stuff you never properly understood before and, no doubt, identify some areas you’ll want to go into more deeply in the future.
It aims to stimulate, inform and inspire. You will finish the day with your head buzzing with new terminology, ideas and strategies.
Introduction: The Digital Marketing Landscape
- Where are we now? What's changing?
- Current trends, challenges and opportunities
- Planning digital marketing activity - using strategic frameworks
Running and Managing SEO Campaigns
- A review of key factors influencing SEO in Google
- Essential SEO tools for digital marketers
- Debunking SEO myths: what’s hot and what’s not?
- Simple and effective ways to optimise on-page content
- Keeping your content in line with Google's Quality Guidelines
- Improving performance using proven link building and content marketing tactics
Paid Search Marketing
- A review of the latest Google Ads 'products'
- Differences between The Google Search Network and Display Network
- The Google Ads Auction: a “behind the scenes” view of AdWords
- Optimising Google Ads campaigns to improve performance
- How to set Google Ads bids and generate profitable ROI
- Bing Ads: a comparison with Google Ads
Social Media Marketing & Advertising
- A review of the current social media landscape
- The good, the bad, and the ugly: case studies and examples
- Choosing the right platform
- Being "SMART" about your social media planning
- Advertising opportunities on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
- A deeper look at each channel's ad formats, targeting methods and bidding options
Online Display Advertising
- The display advertising ecosystem: media agencies, publishers and ad networks
- Demystifying buying options: CPC, CPM, vCPM, CPA, CPV and more...
- Programmatic advertising: what is it and how does it work?
- An overview of the email marketing landscape today: challenges and opportunities
- Choosing the right email service provider
- Proven ways to increase your open and click-through rates
- What does and doesn’t work in email marketing
Digital Analytics & Measurement
- A review of the digital analytics landscape and tools
- Using analytics to understand visitors, content and marketing performance across channels
- The essential guide to using Google Analytics like a pro
- A/B & Multivariate Testing: what to test and how to test to improve performance
- How to optimise website user experience and conversions
This entry-level course attracts attendees looking to develop a broad understanding of the dynamic world of digital marketing. Typical attendees have little or no prior knowledge of digital marketing.
This training course will be led by Jonathan Saipe, Founder of Emarketeers.
Jonathan has worked in digital for over 20 years. Prior to founding Emarketeers, he was head of digital at Publicis Technology.
Jonathan's hands-on experience running digital campaigns is second to none. He has worked extensively with a huge range of clients, providing expertise in SEO, paid search, social media advertising, email marketing, analytics, digital project management, web development and more. He is a highly-experienced trainer, consultant, speaker and mentor.
Read more about Jonathan Saipe »
What people say
A fast paced and insightful overview of digital essentials, covering everything you need to know from SEO to Social Media. Fantastic overview for beginners to digital, and the smaller group size gave valuable opportunities for group discussion and questions to increase understanding.
Absolutely brilliant course packed full of relevant and enlightening information which gave a great overview of SEO, PPC, social and digital marketing!
Digital Essentials provides a great overview for any digital marketing novice. For anyone taking their first step in their marketing career, or even a seasoned marketeer who knows they need to start thinking digitally - this is the course for them.
Comprehensive and an excellent blend of fast pass across many topics but equally feeling you're diving into the detail too.
The course was up-to-date with the latest trends in digital marketing. It was intense but never dull delivered in a relaxed atmosphere. I also loved the number of new tools I was shown that I hadn't heard of which will be very helpful for my job.
SSAFA, the Armed Forces charity
A really valuable day's education, unlike other courses we have attended everything learn't can be and will be implemented into our activities enabling us to provide more effective campaigns.
E K Communications ltd
The Digital Marketing Essentials Course was brilliant, it gave me a solid grounding in different digital marketing techniques and some interesting ideas to apply to my work.
This course provided an excellent insight to the basics of digital marketing, a very enjoyable and informative day.
Excellent trainer - very engaging. The course provided up to date information and I have left feeling a lot more knowledgeable with new ideas to put into practice.
A great overview of digital marketing and the opportunity to address specific problems members of the group were facing. A very insightful and thoroughly enjoyable day.