Google Ads Training Course
Become a Google Ads pro in a day!
|Live Online Course||£299.00 (40% off)||Book Now|
|This course can also be tailor-made for teams, in-company||In-house Enquiry|
|Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes digital copies of materials and certification||* All prices exclude VAT|
Following this Google Ads training course, you will understand how to:
- Create and optimise Google Ads campaigns
- Better structure and target your Google Ads campaigns
- Carry out keyword research to remain competitive
- Use keyword matching to optimise performance
- Confidently set budgets and keywords bids
- Set up conversion tracking and measure your return-on-investment
- Adopt best practice copywriting guidelines when creating ads
- Optimise your landing pages and carry out testing
- Measure campaign performance using web analytics
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, a digital copy of course material and four weeks post course support online.
Google Ads (AdWords) has now evolved into a complex feature-rich platform. Whilst it can offer huge opportunities, it can also be difficult to understand and navigate. As a result, a large percentage of campaigns are run at a loss, due to poor setup and management.
This Google Ads training course will give attendees practical guidance on how to plan, create, manage and optimise their campaigns, maximising all available features within the platform. The course will also uncover "hidden" opportunities in Google Ads, providing attendees with practical advantages using the platform.
This session is very interactive, with practical demonstrations of the Google Ads interface throughout the day. It will also give everyone ample time to ask questions about their own campaigns.
Need help choosing the right course? Compare our Google Ads courses »
Google Ads and PPC Strategy
- A review of the latest search marketing trends and data
- How to map micro and macro goals to your business goals
- A complete guide to setting up conversion tracking in Google Ads
- Using free and paid-for competitor analysis tools
- Inspiring case studies to learn from
Understanding Google Ad's Mechanics and Features
- The Google Ads Auction and Ad Rank explained
- Quality Score: What is it? Where do I see it? How do I improve it?
- The Google Search Network: ad formats and ad extensions
- Advertising opportunities across the Display Network, Google Maps and YouTube
Setting Up Campaigns and Ad Groups
- A step-by-step guide to setting up campaigns and ad groups
- Choosing the right campaign structure to optimise and grow your account
- Calculating and setting keywords bids
- Managing budgets: manual vs automated bid strategies
- Using advanced bid adjustments for audiences, devices and locations
Keyword Research and Management
- Carrying out effective keyword research
- Optimising campaign performance with keyword matching
- Using negative keywords to improve targeting
- Running Search Reports to understand customer behaviour
The Search vs Display Network
- Differences between the search and display networks; which to choose
- Performance benchmarks by industry
- Targeting opportunities on the display network
- How to set up remarketing campaigns
Ad Copywriting and Landing Page Optimisation
- Hands-on ad setup and copywriting
- Best-practice copywriting tips to increase click-through rates
- Ad copywriting rules and policies: do’s and don’t in Google Ads
- Tips on dynamic ad formats
- Optimising landing pages to improve performance
- Tools and methods to A/B test landing pages
Reporting & Measurement
- What Google Ads data should I be looking at? And how often?
- How to connect Google Ads to Google Analytics, and what reports/data to look at
- Setting up automated rules to monitor and control activity in "real-time"
This Google Ads training course is aimed at anyone with beginner-level, or rudimentary experience using Google Ads.
If you already have good experience running Google Ads campaigns, and are familiar with the interface and main features, you may find our Advanced Google Ads course more relevant.
Delegates are asked to bring a WiFi enabled laptop for exercises during the course.
Emarketeers' Google Ads training course is led by Jonathan Saipe, founder of Emarketeers.
Jonathan has been involved in search marketing since the late 90's and has been running Google Ads campaigns since they launched in 2000. He worked at Publicis, the global advertising agency as Digital Director, launching many search marketing campaigns for clients across multiple sectors. He later went on to co-found FIFO Digital Media, a boutique digital marketing agency.
See more details about Jonathan Saipe »
What people say
A highly recommended course for anyone who wants to truly understand AdWords.
An excellent course that delivered more than I was expecting. The tutor was excellent and I am in a much better position to do this well. The course cost me less than my monthly charge to an ineffective agency so has already paid for itself.
This course provided us with a great understanding of AdWords, which will enable us to move forward with our digital marketing strategy with more confidence and knowledge. Thanks!
Regent's University London
Really useful course for anyone starting out with AdWords. Highly recommended!
Thank you for an excellent Google Adwords course. The course trainer conducted the training in a structured and interactive way, allowing course participants to take the information in before moving forward. With plenty of interesting examples and ability to test and apply knowledge during the day, the training was highly practical and interesting. This is certainly the best digital marketing course I attended and would highly recommend it to others.
Excellent course - great for anybody looking to get to grips with Google AdWords - I feel much more confident setting and running campaigns now.
I would highly recommend this course to anyone who is an AdWords novice. The course detailed all of the features and functionality of AdWords in a practical and interesting way.
Esquires Coffee Houses
Thank you so much for a really helpful course. I was a complete novice in AdWords but I now feel motivated and prepared to take on AdWords management for our company.
I would highly recommend the Google AdWords Foundation Course. Jonathan was a fantastic course leader - hugely knowledgeable and seemed to know exactly what each attendee expected to gain from the course.
Dynamic Cassette International
Excellent course! Perfect for all users of Google AdWords who wish to gain further knowledge to aid your business whether large or small. Guaranteed to leave the course with far more knowledge of AdWords.