Intermediate Google Ads Training Course
Build your Google Ads knowledge and skills
Course Details & Enrolment
|This course can be delivered to teams at your business or organisation.||Enquire Now|
|Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes digital copies of materials and certification|
Following this Google Ads training course, you will understand how to:
- Better structure and target your Google Ads campaigns
- Carry out better keyword research to remain competitive
- Use latest keyword matching rules to optimise performance
- Confidently set budgets and choose manual vs smart bid strategies
- Set up bullet-proof Conversion tracking
- Adopt best practice copywriting guidelines when creating ads
- Optimise your landing pages and carry out testing
- Measure campaign performance and ROI
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, a digital copy of course material and four weeks post course support online.
Now over two decades old, Google Ads has evolved into a complex and sometimes intimidating feature-rich platform.
Whilst many of its features are now automated and AI-driven, it can also be difficult to understand and navigate. As a result, a large percentage of campaigns are run at a loss, due to poor setup and management.
If you already have the basics covered, or you've let things slip and haven't used Google Ads in a while, then this intermediate-level course is just for you.
It will give attendees practical guidance on how to plan, manage and optimise their campaigns, maximising all available features within the platform. The course will also uncover "hidden" opportunities in Google Ads, providing attendees with practical advantages using the platform.
This session is very interactive, with practical demonstrations of the Google Ads interface throughout the day. It will also give everyone ample time to ask questions about their own campaigns.
Need help choosing the right course? Compare our Google Ads courses »
Google Ads and PPC Strategy
- A review of the latest search marketing trends and benchmarks
- How to map micro and macro goals to your business goals
- A complete guide to setting up conversion tracking in Google Ads
- Using free and paid-for competitor analysis tools
- Case studies of award-winning campaigns
Understanding Google Ad's Mechanics and Features
- The Google Ads Auction and Ad Rank explained
- Quality Score: What is it? Where do I see it? How do I improve it?
- The Search Network: ad formats and ad extensions
- Advertising opportunities across the Display Network, Google Maps and YouTube
Planning & Setting Up Campaigns
- Choosing the right campaign types to suit your goals
- Optimising your campaign and ad group structure to maximise performance
- Manual vs Smart bid strategies: which to choose and why
- Managing budgets
- Advanced keyword strategies and setting keywords bids
- Dynamic Search Ads: benefits and use cases
- Optimising Responsive Search Ads, Responsive Display Ads and Calls Ads
- Using advanced bid adjustments for demographics, devices and locations
- Latest keyword match types (RIP "Broad Match Modifier"!)
- A quick review of all the Ad Extensions
- How to set up your Audience Source using Google Analytics or Google Tag Manager
- Creating Audience lists in Google Ads or Google Analytics
- Working with remarketing Audiences: observation vs targeting
Ad Copywriting and Landing Page Optimisation
- Copywriting techniques to increase click-through rates
- Ad copywriting rules and policies: do’s and don’t in Google Ads
- Tips on dynamic ad formats
- Optimising landing pages to improve performance
- Tools and methods to A/B test landing pages
Reporting & Measurement
- What Google Ads data should I be looking at? And how often?
- Running Search Reports to understand customer search queries
- Understanding the competitive landscape with Auction Insights
- Using Google Ad segments
- Creating Google Ads reports
- Setting up automated rules to monitor and control activity in "real-time"
This Intermediate Google Ads course is aimed at marketers who already have the basics covered, who need to give their knowledge and confidence a boost or refresher.
If you already have good experience running Google Ads campaigns, and are familiar with the agenda points covered in this course, you may find our Advanced Google Ads course more relevant.
This training course is led by Jonathan Saipe, founder of Emarketeers.
Jonathan has been involved in search and performance marketing since the late 90's and has been running Google Ads campaigns since they launched in 2000. He worked at Publicis, the global advertising agency as Digital Director, launching many search marketing campaigns for clients across multiple sectors. He later went on to co-found FIFO Digital Media, a boutique digital marketing agency.
See more details about Jonathan Saipe »
What people say
A highly recommended course for anyone who wants to truly understand AdWords.
An excellent course that delivered more than I was expecting. The tutor was excellent and I am in a much better position to do this well. The course cost me less than my monthly charge to an ineffective agency so has already paid for itself.
This course provided us with a great understanding of AdWords, which will enable us to move forward with our digital marketing strategy with more confidence and knowledge. Thanks!
Regent's University London
Really useful course for anyone starting out with AdWords. Highly recommended!
Thank you for an excellent Google Adwords course. The course trainer conducted the training in a structured and interactive way, allowing course participants to take the information in before moving forward. With plenty of interesting examples and ability to test and apply knowledge during the day, the training was highly practical and interesting. This is certainly the best digital marketing course I attended and would highly recommend it to others.
Excellent course - great for anybody looking to get to grips with Google AdWords - I feel much more confident setting and running campaigns now.
I would highly recommend this course to anyone who is an AdWords novice. The course detailed all of the features and functionality of AdWords in a practical and interesting way.
Esquires Coffee Houses
Thank you so much for a really helpful course. I was a complete novice in AdWords but I now feel motivated and prepared to take on AdWords management for our company.
I would highly recommend the Google AdWords Foundation Course. Jonathan was a fantastic course leader - hugely knowledgeable and seemed to know exactly what each attendee expected to gain from the course.
Dynamic Cassette International
Excellent course! Perfect for all users of Google AdWords who wish to gain further knowledge to aid your business whether large or small. Guaranteed to leave the course with far more knowledge of AdWords.