Google Ads (AdWords) Training Course
Become a Google Ads pro in a day
||£349.00 (29% off)||Book Now|
|This course can also be delivered on-site at your office||In-house Enquiry|
|Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments||* All prices exclude VAT|
Following this training course, you will understand how to:
- Create and optimise Google Ads campaigns using the *new* interface
- Better structure and target your Google Ads campaigns
- Carry out keyword research to develop a target keyword list
- Use keyword matching to optimise performance
- Confidently set budgets and keywords bids
- Set up conversion tracking and measure your return-on-investment
- Adopt best practice copywriting guidelines when creating ads
- Optimise your landing pages and carry out testing
- Measure campaign performance using web analytics
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, a digital copy of course material and four weeks post course support online.
Formerly known as AdWords, Google Ads has now evolved into a complex feature-rich platform. Whilst it can offer huge opportunities, it can also be difficult to understand and navigate. As a result, a large percentage of campaigns are run at a loss, due to poor setup and management.
This Google Ads course will give attendees both strategic and practical guidance on how to plan, create, manage and optimise their campaigns, maximising all available features within the platform. The course will also uncover "hidden" opportunities in Google Ads, providing attendees with practical advantages using the platform.
This session is very interactive, with practical demonstrations of the Google Ads interface throughout the day. The course also provides invaluable learning for anyone looking to take the Google Ads Certification exams.
Google Ads and PPC Strategy
- A review of the latest search marketing trends and data
- Mapping micro and macro goals to meet business goals
- A complete guide to setting up conversion tracking in Google Ads
- Using Google Analytics to measure and benchmark performance
Understanding Google Ad's Mechanics and Features
- The Google Ads Auction and Ad Rank explained
- Quality Score: What is it? Where do I see it? How do I improve it?
- The Google Search Network: ad formats and ad extensions
- Advertising across the Display Network and YouTube
- Importing Google Ads content into Bing Ads
Setting Up Campaigns and Ad Groups
- Using the new Google Ads interface
- Planning and optimising campaign structure
- A step-by-step guide to setting up campaigns and ad groups
- A practical guide to calculating and setting keywords bids
- Managing budgets: manual vs automated bid strategies
- Using advanced bid adjustments for devices and locations
Keyword Research and Management
- Carrying out effective keyword research and competitor analysis
- The PPC marketer’s toolkit: free and paid-for research tools
- Optimising performance with keyword matching
- Using negative keywords to improve targeting
- Running Search Query Reports to understand customer search queries
- Highlighting missed opportunities with “impression share”
The Search vs Display Network
- Differences between the search and display networks
- Performance benchmarks by industry
- Targeting opportunities on the display network
- How to set up remarketing campaigns
Ad Copywriting and Landing Page Optimisation
- Hands-on ad setup and copywriting in Google Ads
- Best practice copywriting tips to increase click-through rates
- Ad copywriting rules and policies: do’s and don’t in Google Ads
- Tips on dynamic ad formats
- Optimising landing pages to improve performance
- Tools and methods to A/B test landing pages
This training course is aimed at anyone with beginner to intermediate knowledge of Google Ads, who need more confidence understanding the core features, opportunities and concepts.
If you already have experience running Google Ads campaigns, and are familiar with the interface and main features, you may find our Advanced Google Ads Strategy course more relevant.
This course also provides ideal learning for anyone looking to take the Google Ads Certification exam.
Delegates are asked to bring a WiFi enabled laptop for exercises during the course.
The Google Ads course is led by Jonathan Saipe, founder of Emarketeers. Jonathan has been involved in search marketing since the late 90's. He worked at Publicis, the global advertising agency as Digital Director, launching many search marketing campaigns for clients across multiple sectors. He later went on to co-found FIFO Digital Media, a boutique digital marketing agency.
See more details about Jonathan Saipe »
What people say
Really helpful tutor and explained the concepts very well.
The course leader is a great teacher, very patient and knowledgeable around this subject. This course has made Adwords less intimidated and I'm definitely better prepared to use it in my organisation.
Jewish Museum London
Very good training for Adwords beginners. I highly recommend this course.
Everything is included in these courses to practically apply the knowledge straight away. Well worth it.
Thrive: Optimal Human Performance
This course is perfect: complete and clear, and the trainer was a great teacher who made all topics accessible and understandable.
Extremely helpful course. Couldn't praise the trainer enough, so patient and knowledgeable!
This course was perfect. I am now in a stronger position to deal with AdWords - both running our smaller accounts and dealing with agencies efficiently. Great course.
The Adwords course was incredibly insightful. It is a powerful tool once you know how to use it and I recommend this course for any marketer in any industry. Can't wait to get going and see the results!
I found the course extremely useful in terms of both strategy and hands-on training using the AdWords platform. The trainer was extremely knowledgeable.
Provident Financial Group
Great course, friendly and laid back tutor. Will definitely be returning in the future for the analytics course.