Marketo Foundation Training Course
Master marketing automation with Marketo
Course Details & Enrolment
|Looking for private training? We can tailor-make this course for groups, in company.||In-House Enquiry|
Following this training course, you will understand how to:
- Navigate all core areas within the Marketo platform including ‘Design Studio’, ‘Lead Database’, ‘Analytics’ and ‘Marketing Activities’
- Build an effective email marketing campaign using Marketo
- Create advanced audience segments using Marketo Smart Lists
- Build landing pages and responsive emails using Marketo’s native editor
- Apply Marketo to a variety of organisational use cases - both standard and advanced
- Use Marketo's reporting effectively
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, a digital copy of course materials and eight weeks post course support online.
Adobe Marketo is a best-in-class enterprise marketing automation platform, enabling marketers to personalise user journeys, manage leads and contacts, and automate marketing campaigns at scale.
However, getting the best out of the tool requires a complete understanding of its features, which can be a challenging for marketers who have had limited exposure to it.
In this course, you will be given a tour of the Marketo platform from certified Marketo experts, who have supported some of the world’s biggest B2B brands. The training course will focus on familiarising attendees with Marketo terminology, the interface, tools and features, through a combination of interactive presentations and live product walk-throughs.
The course is available as a 1-day "lite", or 2-day intensive course, for teams looking for an advanced workshop.
- What is Marketo and how does it fit within your organisation
- Marketo’s relationship with your CRM
- Product overview: Marketing activities, Design Studio, Lead database, Analytics
- Common use cases including personalisation and advanced lead nurture journeys
- Advanced use cases including multi-channel targeting and prospect/customer behavioural targeting
Introduction to Marketo Programs
- Marketo Programs explained
- How to deliver Campaigns within Programs
- Why picking the right program is key
- Program types and functions
Marketo Assets and Design Studio
- Understanding the creative studio within Marketo
- Storing and managing images and files
- Creating HTML and plain text emails
- Creating campaign landing pages and forms
Audience Targeting and Data Segmentation in Marketo
- How to build a targeted audience list
- Advanced segmentation in Marketo
- How Marketo lists work
- What is a Smart list and how to create them
- Targeting audiences
- Importing lists
Creating Marketo Smart Campaigns
- Building Smart Campaigns: the Smart List, the Flow and the Scheduling of the campaign
- The structure of a Smart Campaign ("who, what, when")
- Creating Batch Campaigns
- Creating Trigger Campaigns
Practical Campaign Examples
- Examining the full production cycle of an email campaign
- Targeted email campaigns
- Event campaigns
- Nurture streams
- Autoresponder campaigns
Reporting in Marketo
- Marketo's native reporting and analytics tools
- Understanding the Email Performance Report
- Understanding the Email Link Performance Report
Building Your Own Email Campaign
To conclude the day, we’ll be consolidating your knowledge of the Marketo platform and your understanding of the key learnings through interactive exercises
Emarketeers' Marketo training course is aimed at new Marketo users who are starting their journey with the tool and wish to accelerate their working knowledge and confidence using all the features.
Typical attendees are from marketing, operations or CRM teams.
The Marketo training course is led by Marketo certified expert, Alex Venus.
Alex is an industry specialist in Marketing Automation platforms, having helped global brands deliver 'best in class' email marketing campaigns and lead nurture journeys, at scale.
He has a wealth of knowledge and experience in digital marketing and has managed Marketo instances for global brands, including Facebook, Korn Ferry and a host of startups.
Read more about Alex Venus »