Google Analytics 4 (GA4) Training Course
Master Google Analytics 4 configuration and data insight
Course Details & Enrolment
|Live Online Course||£495.00||Book Now|
|Live Online Course||£495.00||Book Now|
|This course can be delivered to teams at your business or organisation.||Enquire Now|
|Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes digital copies of materials & certification||* All prices exclude VAT|
Following this GA4 course, you will understand:
- How to set up and configure a new GA4 property from scratch or upgrade from Universal Analytics
- The key concepts behind GA4 and how it differs from Universal Analytics
- How to navigate the GA4 reporting interface and interpret reporting data
- Where to add additional reports and modify your reporting navigation via Collections
- How to view and configure GA4 Events and Conversions to suit your data collection needs
- How to test and debug GA4 Events to ensure you are collecting data correctly
- How to create Explorations to deepen your data reporting and insights
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of course material and post course support online.
After more than 10 years in service, Universal Analytics has finally been replaced by Google Analytics 4 (GA4). Google recently announced that Universal Analytics will stop collecting data on 1 July 2023, which means setting up a Google Analytics 4 property now is highly recommended, in order to start collecting data.
Running a GA4 property from now will provide marketers and analysts with a more seamless transfer from Universal Analytics to GA4 and will mitigate against any potential data loss.
GA4 not only looks different to Universal Analytics, but it also has some fundamental differences under the bonnet. Among other things, it’s better built for a cookieless future, it integrates websites and apps into a single customer journey view, it offers customisable reporting, and out-of-the-box it offers enhanced measurement. However, despite GA4’s advanced features, it still requires configuring in order to maximise the quality of data reporting.
This GA4 course will take you through the process of setting up, configuring and using the tool to gain maximum benefit from it. You will learn how to use its out-of-the-box features, as well as ways to customise it for your own specific reporting needs.
Be ready for the future of digital analytics and book your place today!
Introduction To GA4
- What’s new in GA4?
- How does GA4 differ from Universal Analytics?
- How GA4 reports on users, sessions and engagement
- A guided tour around the GA4 interface and key changes and enhancements
- How GA4 is built for a privacy-focussed cookieless future
Setting Up A New GA4 property (if you haven’t already)
- Migrating from Universal Analytics using the GA4 setup assistant
- Setting up a brand new GA4 Property from scratch
- Adding Datastreams for your website or app(s)
- Adding your tag using the Global Site Tag or Google Tag Manager
- Checking your GA4 Property is receiving data; real-time reports; the GA4 debug view
Basic GA4 Configuration
- Checking your enhanced measurement settings
- Configuring filters, multiple domains, referral exclusions and session settings
- Data settings including Google Signals, Ad Personalisation settings and Data Retention
- Linking to other Google products including Google Ads and Google Search Console
Advanced GA4 Configuration
- Understanding how GA4 Events work
- Creating and configuring your own Events
- Creating GA Conversions (formerly Goals in Universal Analytics)
- Debugging your Events and Conversions
- Creating and configuring your own GA4 Audiences for reporting and retargeting
- Understanding your users, marketing channels and content performance via Acquisition, Engagement and Monetisation reports
- Digging into demographics and technology via User reports
- Improving multi-channel insights with GA4’s Advertising reports and attribution options
Customising & Creating Your Own Reports
- Understanding the GA4 Library to customise your GA4 experience and reports
- Using Collections to modify GA4's navigation options
- Creating Free Form, Funnel Exploration and Path Exploration reports
The GA4 course is suitable for anyone with an interest in developing and future-proofing their understanding of Google Analytics. Whilst it isn’t a prerequisite, experience of using Universal Analytics (GA3) will make the concepts of this course easier to understand.
Emarketeer's Google Analytics 4 training course will be led by Jonathan Saipe, Founder of Emarketeers.
Jonathan has worked in digital for over 23 years. Prior to founding Emarketeers, he was head of digital at Publicis Technology. His hands-on experience in digital marketing and analytics is second to none. He has worked extensively with a huge range of clients, providing expertise across all key areas of digital marketing, and provides training, consulting and mentoring in Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
Read more about Jonathan Saipe »
What people say
A perfectly delivered course, with all elements of GA4 covered. I finished the day knowing how to complete GA4 setup and configure for my website's requirements.
Delta Academies Trust
A comprehensive course that covers a lot of areas in a very short amount of time. Its very practical - you get pulled into the 'doing' which helps you learn more along the way. Really enjoyed it.
Birmingham City University
The course was really well delivered, it was perfectly understandable and has fast-tracked my knowledge into the world of GA4. I enjoyed the course so much, and Jonathan's teaching, that I'm keen to do more courses. Thank you!
The Film And TV Charity
This was a great course to get to grips with all aspects of GA4 before we start introducing it to the business as our new reporting platform. Thank you!
The course was engaging, interactive and well delivered. The trainer was extremely knowledgeable about the subject and provided some great ideas I can start to implement in my work.
I thoroughly enjoyed the Google Analytics course. The instructor was very knowledgeable and took an interactive approach to teaching. I would highly recommend!
McCarthy and Stone
The Google Analytics course really helped me attain a much better understanding of what the platform can do, and how I can find what I am looking for, to analyse the performance of my website and online marketing campaigns.
I was stumbling around a little with the stats I needed in Google Analytics. This course has provided me with an all-round understanding and has given me some great pointers. Now the hard part - implementing it!
Really informative and engaging course. The trainer clearly had a rich background of experience in the area and was able to help out with any queries.
The Digital Strategy course was very well delivered and provided lots of practical actions that we can complete to immediately improve the way we do things.
Blackpool and The Fylde College