Google Analytics 4 (GA4) Training Course
Master Google Analytics 4 configuration and data insight
Course Details & Enrolment
|Live Online Course
|Live Online Course
|Live Online Course
|This course can be delivered to teams at your business or organisation.
|Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes digital copies of materials & certification
|* All prices exclude VAT
Following this GA4 course, you will understand:
- How to set up and configure a new GA4 property from scratch (if required)
- The key concepts behind GA4 and how some of the key metrics differ from Universal Analytics
- How to navigate the GA4 reporting interface and interpret reporting data
- How to set up, test and debug GA4 Events and Conversions to ensure you are collecting data correctly
- How to build Audiences to segment your reports
- Best practices when integrating GA4 and Google Ads (optional)
- How to add additional reports and modify GA4's navigation via Collections
- How to create Explorations to deepen your data reporting and insights
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of course material and post course support online.
After more than 10 years in service, Universal Analytics has finally been replaced by Google Analytics 4 (GA4).
GA4 not only looks different to Universal Analytics, but it also has some fundamental differences under the bonnet. Among other things, it’s better built for a cookieless future by comunicating with visitors' cookie consent choices; it can integrate multiple websites and/or apps into a single customer journey view; it offers more advanced analysis in reports; and out-of-the-box it offers enhanced measurement.
However, despite GA4’s advanced features, it still requires a deeper understanding of its mechanics and data structure in order to maximise the quality of data reporting.
This GA4 course will take you through the process of configuring and using the tool to gain maximum benefit from it. You will learn how to use its out-of-the-box features, as well as ways to customise it for your own specific reporting needs.
Be ready for the future of digital analytics and book your place today!
Introduction To GA4
- What’s new in GA4?
- How does GA4 differ from Universal Analytics?
- How GA4 reports on users, sessions and engagement
- A guided tour around the GA4 interface and key changes and enhancements
- How GA4 is built for a privacy-focussed cookieless future
Setting Up A New GA4 property
- Setting up a brand new GA4 Property from scratch
- Adding Datastreams for your website or app(s)
- Adding your Google Tag using the Global Site Tag or Google Tag Manager
- Checking your GA4 Property is receiving data; real-time reports; the GA4 debug view
Basic GA4 Configuration
- Checking your enhanced measurement settings
- Configuring filters, multiple domains, referral exclusions and session settings
- Understanding your Reporting View options
- Data settings including Google Signals, Ad Personalisation settings and Data Retention
- Linking to other Google products including Google Ads and Google Search Console
Advanced GA4 Configuration
- Understanding how GA4 Events work
- Creating configuring your own Events either in GA4 or Google Tag Manager
- Creating GA4 Conversions and setting your conversion counting method
- Debugging your Events and Conversions using Tag Assistant or GA4's debug view
- Creating and configuring your own GA4 Audiences for better segmentation and retargeting
- Understanding your users, marketing channels and content performance via Acquisition, Engagement and Monetisation reports
- Digging into demographics and technology via User reports
- Improving multi-channel insights with GA4’s Advertising reports and attribution options
Customising & Creating Your Own Reports
- Understanding the GA4 Library to customise your GA4 experience and reports
- Using Collections to modify GA4's navigation options
- Creating Free Form, Funnel Exploration and Path Exploration advanced reports
The GA4 course is suitable for anyone with an interest in developing and future-proofing their understanding of Google Analytics. Whilst it isn’t a prerequisite, experience of using Universal Analytics will make the concepts of this course easier to understand.
Emarketeer's Google Analytics 4 training course will be led by Jonathan Saipe, Founder of Emarketeers.
Jonathan has worked in digital for over 23 years. Prior to founding Emarketeers, he was head of digital at Publicis Technology. His hands-on experience in digital marketing and analytics is second to none. He has worked extensively with a huge range of clients, providing expertise across all key areas of digital marketing, and provides training, consulting and mentoring in Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
Read more about Jonathan Saipe »
What people say
If you want to understand how to get the most out of Google Analytics this is a great course which covers a lot of ground. The trainer was very knowledgeable and flexible enough to respond to what we needed as an organisation
General Dental Council
If you're struggling to find your way around GA4, I can't recommend Jonathan and this course highly enough. Super useful and tailored to meet your needs, it is pitched at the perfect level to help organisations get more from Google Analytics.
This was great training - the trainer really listened to our needs, and made sure we understood the overall context as well as how to use the platform in a day-to-day way. It's going to impact our ability to reach our diverse stakeholders and improve our user experience.
Community Justice Scotland
The GA4 course was delivered exceptionally well, keeping everyone engaged throughout the whole day.
Brentford Football Club
This is an excellent course for anyone who wants to know how to get the info they need from GA4. The trainer made a daunting topic easy to understand, and was so good at relating what he was covering to the roles of attendees.
Jonathan led an invaluable training course for the team. It was well structured, perfectly paced, highly engaging and empowered the team to feel both confident and excited to use GA4 thanks to the practical-based sessions. Thank you.
We thought our analytics were good - after this course, we realised we had just scratched the surface of its potential. Such a wealth of knowledge obtained that we can immediately apply in our day to day operations.
I would highly recommend this course to anyone wanting to get to grips with GA4. It was well structured and delivered brilliantly by Jonathan and I now feel confident in using GA4.
Chartered Institute of Environmental Health
After being unsure about how GA4 work, I now feel confident in using it and now have the skills to share my new knowledge with my team.
Jonathan provided a comfortable space to learn GA4 from the beginning. He took us all through the main data extraction in a clear and logical way. He progressively built our knowledge through the day reinforcing information as we went.