Web & Digital Project Management Training Course
Take control of your digital projects
Course Details & Enrolment
|Live Online Course
|£475.00 (10% off)
|Live Online Course
|£475.00 (10% off)
|This course can be delivered to teams at your business or organisation.
|Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes digital copies of materials and certification
|* All prices exclude VAT
Following this training course, you will be able to:
- Develop a set of techniques to better control your web and digital projects
- Choose the appropriate structured approach to managing your digital projects
- Manage individual phases and relevant roles within your projects
- Learn techniques to handle risk and uncertainty
- Improve project communication via project management tools and techniques
- Effectively plan and manage projects, from inception to delivery
- Manage evolving strategies and technologies that impact on digital projects
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, a digital copy of the course materials and four weeks post course support online.
Digital projects are inherently complex and often stressful. Project managers are continually juggling with technical complexities, creative considerations, user requirements, budget and time constraints, not to mention the dynamics and politics of teams or organisations.
No matter what size, or level of complexity, all projects require a project management methodology and process that will help project managers rise to these challenges, ensuring greater success and happier end-users.
Emarketeers' Web and Digital Project Management training course will teach attendees how to apply Waterfall and Agile principles and processes to their entire project lifecycles, ensuring better control over their digital projects.
This fun and interactive course will leave you with brimming with new techniques and inspiration to successfully manage your web and digital projects moving forward.
Introducing Web & Digital Project Management
- Roles and responsibilities within digital teams
- Project manager qualities; what makes a "good" project manager
- Research on why digital projects fail and how to avoid failure
- Key issues facing digital project managers
- Overcoming challenges when managing digital projects
Structured Approaches to Digital Project Management
- Why use a structured approach to manage digital or web projects
- Which project management approach to use
- How to balance "anticipation" vs "adaptation"
- Key differences and pros and cons of Waterfall, Agile and PRINCE2 structured approaches
- An in-depth analysis of how to structure and run Waterfall and Agile projects
- Differences in roles between Waterfall and Agile projects
- How to deal with insufficient scope definition or scope creep
- Case studies and exercises on which structured approaches to choose
Scoping Web and Digital Projects
- Understanding the project lifecycle: project planning, execution and closure
- Key differences between Waterfall and Agile requirements gathering
- How to document requirements in Waterfall vs Agile projects
- How to create User Stories in Agile projects
- Proven techniques to help tease out content, technical and user requirements
- Case studies and exercises on building requirements
Maintaining User-Centricity in Web and Digital Projects
- The importance of persona development
- The role of user centred design in digital projects
- Sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes, user journey mapping - benefits, techniques and tools
Project Estimating and Planning
- The key components of digital project estimates
- Techniques to improving developer estimates
- Improving stakeholder buy-in when estimating
- Managing project progress: Waterfall vs Agile
- Handling risk and uncertainty; how to create a risk register
- Techniques and tools to manage communications effectively
Testing and Deployment
- Evaluating the various types of testing
- Introduction to accessibility compliance
- Essential factors to consider when performing usability testing
- Factors to consider when going live and beyond
Final project exercise
- Open discussion
The web and digital project management course typically attracts project managers, digital producers or account managers at various levels, from basic to mid-level. Most attendees are likely to be involved in commissioning or delivering web or digital projects. This course is suitable for agencies or brands.
Emarketeers' Web and Digital Project Management training course will be led by Jonathan Saipe, founder of Emarketeers.
Jonathan has been involved in the digital arena since the late 90's. He led the Digital Development team at the global advertising agency Publicis, launching many diverse and high profile digital campaigns for blue chip clients. He later went on to co-found FIFO Digital Media, a boutique web design and development agency.
Jonathan brings his wealth of digital project management experience to the day, making it very interactive, engaging and fun!
See more details about Jonathan Saipe »
What people say
I came away from the day full of ideas for future projects and how to put the theory into practice. I can highly recommend this course, whether you're new to project management, or looking for new ideas to improve your processes.
An incredibly useful overview of web design project management, filled with tips, tools and techniques that I can now implement in my organisation going forward.
The level of digital project management expertise on this course was so helpful in my learning. Project Management is a new role so everything that I picked up was really beneficial.
I now feel at least somewhat qualified to begin the mammoth undertaking of redesigning my company's website. Jonathan clearly and simply taught us the various approaches to project management, and I now have a greater understanding of the technical issues too.
Engaging, interesting and very informative - I can't wait to put what I've learned into practise!
I was hesitant that an all day course may be a little too much to handle but I was pleasantly surprised at how intimate, entertaining and insightful the whole day was. Our leader Jonathan was fab and extra considerations like snacks and drinks made my day.
Coming from a more traditional advertising background I've ventured into the digital world with experience of project management, but not much confidence or know-how in how to apply to this to a new digital landscape. This course has now given me both the knowledge and confidence that I was lacking.
I have been on a lot of day training courses with a fair amount of training companies and this course was honestly the best in terms of taking home actual practical, applicable knowledge and skills. It's changed the way I will approach any digital project or campaigns from now on.
International Compliance Training
Great course and a great tutor. Recommended!
The course clarified that my approach to web project management is sound but also gave me new strategies and techniques to improve my existing systems.
Sheffield Children's NHS Foundation Trust