HTML & CSS For Beginners Training Course
Learn HTML & CSS for web and email in a day
Course Details & Enrolment
|Live Online Course||£460.00 (7% off)||Book Now|
|This course can be delivered to teams at your business or organisation.||Enquire Now|
|Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 4.30pm) includes digital copies of materials and certification||* All prices exclude VAT|
Following this HTML & CSS training course, you will understand:
- The fundamentals of front-end web development
- How web pages and HTML emails are structured
- The key HTML tags and CSS styles and their impact on web pages and emails
- Other languages that can be used on the web
- New features in HTML5 and CSS3
- How to test your code to ensure it works across all browsers and email readers
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of course material and four weeks post course support online.
If you're involved in web projects, content management or email marketing, it's important to have an understanding of the HTML and CSS code underpinning web pages or HTML emails.
This one day HTML & CSS training course will give you the confidence to create your own HTML or CSS code for web pages or emails, as well as manage content, assets and 3rd party code or widgets. The course will also give you the skills to look at the source code of any web page or email template, and understand the pieces of the jigsaw.
During the day, we will cover the structure of an HTML document, the core HTML tags, CSS properties, and differences between web pages and HTML emails. We will also introduce HTML5, discuss its importance in future-proofing your digital assets.
The session is taught in a fun and relaxed environment, with lots of interactivity to help you along the way. Bring a laptop and be prepared to get knee deep in code!
Internet Building Blocks
- An overview of how the Internet is structured
- The core development languages and their uses
- Defining static versus dynamic pages
- Where web pages live and how to access them
HTML - For Websites & Email Campaigns
- Understanding the structure of an HTML document
- The vocabulary and grammar of HTML
- Creating your own HTML using the core HTML tags
- Using browser tools and extensions to easily test your HTML
- The core differences between HTML used in web pages vs email campaigns
CSS - Cascading Style Sheets
- Understanding CSS and where/when to use it
- Why CSS will improve your productivity
- When to use CSS versus HTML
- The differences between CSS in web pages versus HTML emails
- The core CSS properties and syntax
- Understanding the CSS box model and its impact on page design
- Mobile-friendliness: using media queries for responsive design
- Moving from style to interaction - the future of CSS3
Testing Your Code
- Using free online coding tools, to test (and share) your code
- Popular browser testing tools
- Email testing tools: how they work and why they are so important
- How to use Chrome to test your mobile friendliness
- What it looks like and how to understand it
HTML5 - The Latest Incarnation of HTML
- What is HTML5 and what makes it different
- Tools to test HTML5 compatibility in browsers
- Commercial and non-commercial examples of stunning HTML5
- The main browsers and their differences
- Understanding browser compatibility
- Desktop versus mobile browsers: market share stats
Emarketeers' HTML & CSS For Beginners training course is for anyone responsible for managing or editing websites, HTML emails or online content.
Typical attendees include: content managers, digital marketers, email marketers, CRM professionals, designers, content editors, or anyone else involved in digital projects.
This is a beginner-level course aimed at audiences who have no or little prior knowledge of front-end coding.
Attendees are requested to use Chrome browser for interactive coding exercises during the session.
The HTML & CSS for Beginners course will be run by Jonathan Saipe.
Back in the mid 90's, when words like 'browser' and 'web' meant something very different to most people, Jonathan was already a digital pioneer. Having worked at global ad agency, Publicis as Digital Development Director in the 90's, he launched FIFO – a web design agency – in 1999. He formed Emarketeers less than a decade later.
Jonathan brings his wealth of web and email development experience to this HTML & CSS coding course, making it lively, fun and highly interactive!
Read more about Jonathan Saipe »
What people say
This course was excellent. I was an HTML and CSS novice, but now I feel confident creating and editing webpages. The trainer was incredibly engaging and helpful and tailored the course to the needs of all the attendees.
Queen Mary University of London
The HTML course for beginners was everything and more of what I hoped for. It's more than a beginner class. It's the start of learning something new in HTML and coding in general. I couldn't have been happier. Thank you.
Electoral Reform Services
The trainer was excellent. He understood the requirements of his audience and adjusted the content and pace so they got the most out of it.
Fantastic day - it was fun, interesting, engaging and easy to follow. I learnt so much and it gave me some excellent background knowledge in order to progress onto more advanced subjects.
Thanks to this course code is no longer an intimidating mass of letters and numbers to me!
I found this course really useful. The content was made easy to understand, and the interactive elements of the course really helped. I would definitely recommend to anyone learning HTML and CSS.
Really enjoyable course in a relaxed environment. Felt very comfortable asking any questions I had. Would highly recommend the course to others.
Emarketeers ticked all of the right boxes and surpassed all my expectations of a coding course. Would highly recommend!
Cancer Research UK
As someone who works across emails and web pages, this course gave me a great understanding of both the principles behind HTML and CSS and their practical application.
A great introduction to HTML & CSS that will allow you to turn all that scary code into a language you can understand.