Web Developer’s SEO Cheat Sheet
5 March 2010, Jonathan Saipe
All credit to the guys at SEOMoz for creating the SEO web developer’s cheat sheet; a 2-page PDF document that reminds developers of the all-important detail for search engine optimisation campaigns.
Given that many developers wont even consider SEO as part of their daily development chores, the SEO cheat sheet is a welcome reminder of the important detail to consider.
Broadly it covers the following areas:
- Important HTML tags
- Search engine indexing limits
- 301 redirects for Apache
- Recommended metadata syntax
- Common (basic) canonicalisation issues
- Important search engine robots
- Robots meta tags
- Sitemap syntax summary
- List of common robot traps
- Robots.txt syntax
Download the web developer’s SEO cheat sheet