Online Market Highlights – March 2010
11 May 2010, Jonathan Saipe
Attached are Nielsen’s Online Market Highlights for March 2010.
Most notable online trends reported in this month’s market highlights are as follows:
- The top 5 websites (Google, Bing, Facebook, Yahoo! and BBC) remain unchanged; their reach is 95.55% of the UK online market!
- Google Search is still the stickiest search brand with an average reach of 81.5% followed by Google Image Search (28%); Yahoo! Search and Bing share approx 18% of reach
- Ebay remains number 1 for ecommerce reach; it reaches 45.9% (18.5m) of the active UK audience
- The highest % increase in reach comes from the Co-Operative (+58%) in the top ecommerce sites of the month
- The Co-Operative and Nectar replace Gumtree and John Lewis in the top ecommerce sites this month
View the full Online Market Highlights – March 2010