15 IFTTT Recipes To Improve Your Productivity
11 February 2014, Jonathan Saipe
If you haven’t come across IFTTT I urge you to take a look, as you will soon start to realise its huge potential.
IFTTT stands for “if this then that”. If you’ve ever had a go at coding, you will no doubt recognise the “if” “then” statement. That is, if “x” scenario should happen, then “y” should occur. In IFTTT world, this is called a recipe.
IFTTT enables us to connect our digital channels and services together through recipes.
So for example, I can be sent an SMS message when the weather changes, or I can automatically track new Twitter followers in a Google Docs spreadsheet, or a reminder can be created whenever I star an email in Gmail etc.
Or one I created earlier, receive an email every time a new Emarketeers course is created.
IFTTT allows recipes to be created with a growing number of well-known channels including: Gmail, Google Docs, Twitter, Evernote, LinkedIn, FourSquare, Dropbox, RSS, Feedly, Google Calendar. This list goes on.
Connecting channels and automating events should in theory simplify our working lives, reduce data overload and make us more productive.
To give you a flavour of IFTTT’s uses, I’ve listed 15 recipes to aid your productivity.
1. Track new Twitter followers in a Google Docs spreadsheeet
2. Keep track of LinkedIn connections’ new positions
3. If I star an email in Gmail, create a reminder to take care of it
4. All your tweets in a Google Spreadsheet
5. Create notes in Evernote from Feedly articles saved for later
6. Save all your Gmail Attachments to Dropbox
7. Add completed iOS Reminders to Google Calendar
8. Send new email when my RSS feed updates
9. Backup my contacts to a Google Spreadsheet
10. Save favorite tweets to Evernote
11. All your new reminders in one Google Drive spreadsheet
12. Copy liked instagram photos to dropbox
13. Send an SMS when a email arrives from a specific address
14. Automatically tweets what you favourite in Pocket
15. Fill out a time sheet for work based iOS location
Hopefully, this gives you a flavour of IFTTT’s potential.
The great news is, there are thousands more recipes to improve your productivity. So sign up now and I wish you the best of luck!