10 ways to drive traffic to your blog
7 October 2008, Jonathan Saipe
A blog should be seen as a medium to long term marketing strategy. However, there are some simple principles that can hasten growth as follows:
- Define a consistent style of writing with some personality to it!
- Write naturally, but be aware of the keywords that are important to you and your business
- Write edgy content that will engender a response
- Include images in articles
- Don’t be scared to link to other sites
- Submit the most interesting articles to specialist bookmarking sites, other blogs and even old media like newspapers and magazines
- Give yourself a biography showing that you have some authority to speak about a particular topic
- Get to know other bloggers in your niche by commenting on their articles
- Write content that might help your readership to resolve a problem or understand something better
- Write cutting edge content wherever possible. If it’s original, interesting and useful you will be guaranteed to succeed.
Article by Hayden Allen-Vercoe of Orbital Media Network.
For more information on blog training, see Emarketeers blogging training course.