Writing For Social Media Training Course
Optimise your copywriting for social channels
||£395.00 (20% off)||Book Now|
|This course can also be delivered on-site at your office||In-house Enquiry|
|Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments||* All prices exclude VAT|
Following this training course, you will be able to:
- Create an effective Content Strategy for your business or organisation
- Agree your objectives for your written material
- Benchmark your performance against competitors and ‘best-in-class’
- Tailor your messages for different social platforms
- Use a variety of tools to help you craft and shape your writing
- Plan your content calendar around audience needs and drivers
- Learn from success and failure of other organisations’ social media content
- Implement techniques and tools for achieving your brand, sales and CRM goals
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, a digital copy of course material and four weeks post course support online.
To be successful on social media channels, you need to write well.
The images you post any social channel each need a caption and hashtags. You are telling the story of your brand to your audience, not just with pictures and video, but with text. And the words on your social pages need to capture attention and promote your message.
Unfortunately, not all Social Media managers see themselves as writers. This is where this new course from Emarketeers comes in.
The programme will help you build efficient and effective writing practices for your Social Media Marketing. You will learn how to structure and write content that gets your message across. You will discover how to craft original content that connect with your audiences. And you will understand what your followers need and want from your organisation.
The dark side of social media is also explored. You will see best practice methods on how to avoid brand-damaging mistakes and how best to handle to criticism online.
Attendees will finish the day armed with strategies and tactics, enabling better social media performance within a B2B or B2C environment.
- Planning your writing
- How to benchmark your performance
- Understanding your audience
- Define your message and persona
- The difference between Brand Voice and Tone
- Case studies - good and bad examples
- Telling your story with content
- Conducting effective content research
- Generating content ideas
- Writing material people want to share
- Adopting a test and learn methodology
Your Writing Toolbox
- A review of old-school methods: are they applicable?
- How to write quickly
- Quality vs Quality
- Understand message types, character lengths, hashtags and emoji counts
- How to analyse your writing
- Software tools that make life easier
Writing for the Social Platforms
- Writing tips for Twitter
- How to write for Facebook
- Why writing for LinkedIn is different
- Crafting effective Instagram posts
- Describing your videos for YouTube
- Long form channels such as Medium and Quora
Measurement and Monitoring
- Using data to improve your writing
- OKRs – setting your Objectives and Key Results
- How to measure the Return on Investment (ROI) of your writing
- Generating insight to increase engagement
- What’s next for you
- Bringing people on-board
- Tell the story, set the drama and sell the solution
- Developing your "Now, Next and Long Plan"
The Writing For Social Media training course is suitable for anyone looking to optimise their copywriting and content performance across the core social media channels. Typical attendees include copywriters, social media managers, content managers and digital marketers.
The Writing For Social Media course is led by Andrew Lloyd Gordon. Andrew is a true veteran in digital and social media marketing, having worked in the industry for over 20 years. He is a highly experienced presenter, mentor, coach and trainer, advising many commercial and not-for-profit organisations on topics including social media strategies and content marketing.
Read more about Andrew Lloyd Gordon »