Email Marketing Essentials Training Course
Learn the key ingredients to successful email marketing
||£460.00 (7% off)||Book Now|
|This course can also be delivered on-site at your office||In-house Enquiry|
|Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments||* All prices exclude VAT|
Following this training course, you will understand how to:
- Effectively plan your email marketing campaigns
- Stay within the law when broadcasting emails
- Create a strategy to build segmented target lists
- Improve your inbox deliverability
- Interpret campaign metrics and make continuous improvements
- Create and test landing pages according to best practice guidelines
- Create email campaigns adopting best practice design and development guidelines
- Test your email HTML across different email readers
- Plan for future developments and innovations in email marketing
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, a digital copy of course materials and four weeks post course support online.
Email Marketing is still one of the most cost effective and powerful forms of digital marketing and often forms the basis of online marketing strategies, as it is inexpensive, reliable and the return on investment (ROI) can be very high.
But it's getting harder and harder to capture the attention of subscribers and to engage them effectively without damaging your brand.
So, how do you stay ahead of the pack and improve your Email Marketing results? Our new, fully-revised Email Marketing training course, has been designed to help you make substantial improvements to your email marketing campaigns. You will learn all the crucial aspects of email marketing, from forming strategies, setting targets and objectives through to designing engaging content and improving deliverability.
This one-day essentials course will give you that 'Big Picture Overview' and a list of tips and ideas that you can use immediately.
- Email Marketing - the pros and cons
- The Top 10 things you can do with email
- Permission and E-permission marketing
- Defining your goals
- E-marketing strategies
- Choosing your metrics
- Setting your budgets
- Case studies
Email marketing essentials
- Conducting a competitive analysis
- Matching yourself against industry benchmarks
- Legal essentials and regulations when broadcasting
- Choosing between Email Service Providers (ESPs)
- Planning and delivering email campaigns
Emailing for customer acquisition and retention
- Customer acquisition methods - on and offline
- Encouraging web visitors to subscribe
- Crafting effective registration processes
- Developing a touch strategy
- Customer retention strategies
- Choosing frequency schedules
Creating effective email campaigns
- Building trust with subscribers
- Developing engaging content
- Improving the value offering of your emails
- Planning for Viral and Social Media Marketing
HTML email design and technology
- Laying the foundations
- Branding your design
- Working with email templates
- Choosing colours and fonts
- Thinking about navigation
- Designing for the preview pane
- Designing for 'Above the Fold'
Writing for email
- Developing tone of voice guidelines
- Improving scannability
- Writing on the Inverted Pyramid
- Using links intelligently
- Short vs long copy
- Thinking about subject lines and from fields
Email development factors
- HTML vs text emails
- Sending Multi-part MIME and other formats
- HTML and CSS guidelines for different email readers
- Email reader compatibility and testing
- Improving inbox deliverability
- Avoid looking like a spammer
- Improving list quality
- Removing non-responsive emails
- How to minimise unsubscribes and complaints
Campaign measurement and making on-going improvements
- Understanding conversion and performance metrics
- Tracking landing pages
- Reducing abandonment and bounce rates
- Structured approaches to testing
- A/B and Multivariate testing
- Analysing test results
- Case studies
You, the law and email
- Understand the basics
- What you can and cannot do
- Where to go for more advice
The future of email marketing
- Social Media - the death of email?
- How email may change in the future
- New innovations, technology and uses
This course is a non-technical email marketing aimed at delegates who have had some experience of email marketing but need to enhance their knowledge of email marketing strategy and the practicals of running an email marketing campaign. The course typically attracts marketing professionals, digital designers or project managers - agency or client-side.
The email marketing essentials course is led by Andrew Lloyd Gordon. Andrew is a true veteran in digital marketing, having worked in the industry for over 20 years. He is a highly experienced presenter, mentor, coach and trainer, advising many commercial and not-for-profit organisations on topics including email marketing, conversion rate optimisation and social media strategies.
Read more about Andrew Lloyd Gordon »
What people say
I learnt a lot in this day. The coach has been a great course leader with high knowledge and also very engaging for the team participating to the session, establishing great interactions.
This is a fantastic, all comprehensive course for email marketing. Excellent facilities and excellent trainer quality. Best training course I have been on. Would thoroughly recommend.
Civil Service Sports Council
A pacey, enlightening and informative course covering all the essentials of email marketing. Lots of practical tips to take back to the office and implement on your next campaign, as well as longer term goals to work towards over coming months.
I'd recommend the email marketing course. A first-rate, insightful look at all the tips of the trade, delivered by an expert in both marketing and presenting.
A brilliant trainer: relaxed, friendly, professional, knowledgeable. Everything you need from a trainer and course!
A really engaging and rounded overview of all areas in email marketing. I would highly recommend this course. Thank you Andrew!
Needle & Thread
This course is engaging, paced well and left me feeling well informed about a subject I knew very little about before.
Homes for Haringey
Perfect workshop on Email Marketing, I would definitely recommend.
Think Money Group
I would recommend this course to anybody who wants to learn about email marketing fast, cut through and avoid making unnecessary mistakes.
Nonlinear Dynamics, A Waters Company
Excellent course, great tutor and learnt a great deal!
Newcastle City Council