Digital Content Strategy Training Course
Successfully plan, create and deliver your online content
|This course can also be delivered on-site at your office||In-house Enquiry|
|Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments||* All prices exclude VAT|
Following this course, you will understand:
- How to prioritise and plan content so projects start, progress and conclude more effectively
- How content strategy deploys alongside existing disciplines
- The integration of content marketing and content strategy
- The business benefits and the business risks of content without strategy
- The skills and resources required to deliver and manage a content strategy
- What a good content strategy structure looks like
- The key content strategy tools and processes
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of course material and four weeks post course support online.
Digital content strategy addresses the increasingly complex demands that organisations place on the creation, delivery, management and measurement of content across web and social media platforms.
With content and its marketing sitting at the heart of customer acquisition and retention, its importance cannot be underestimated.
Digital content strategy skills, tools and processes blend established disciplines – such as communications and editorial planning, marketing and content - with newer disciplines including: digital workflow management and authoring, behavioural insight and analytics. It also encompasses organisational management and strategic planning.
This training course will help organisations understand how digital content strategy works, its positive impact and how and why it needs to be deployed across any business.
Introducing Content Strategy
- Why content strategy is an essential business skill
- Building content strategy into your existing disciplines and workload
- The changing nature of content - not just what, but where and how
- How mobiles and tablets have transformed audiences and the content they want (need)
- Responsive content vs. adaptive content - is your organisation responding and adapting enough?
- GDPR - what the data protection changes mean for digital content strategy
Evolving Your Content Strategy
- What type of content organisation are you?
- Who in the organisation is (should be) responsible for content
- Getting buy in - from C-suite to subject-matter experts
- Audience and content behaviours on different devices
- Adapting existing skills to the needs of a mobile marketplace
- Future-proofing - how do you keep up with the ever faster pace of change?
When Content Goes Bad
- Business risks and missed opportunities
- When and how organisations get it wrong
What Great Content Planning Looks Like
- Case studies and best practices
- Breaking down the components of content strategy: planning, creating and maintaining
- Templates for preparing supporting strategy documentation - for use, not the bookshelf
- Evaluating what you already have and what you need - the content itself, and the skills and resources you need to deploy it effectively
- Qualitative and quantitative auditing
- Sector and competitor analysis
- Audience definition, needs and expectations
- Measurement and metrics: understanding business goals and interpreting the data for your organisation
- Content marketing as an effective component within content strategy
The Content: How It Works and Moves
- Understanding the device revolution - touch, size and context
- Planning for the content revolution - moving beyond words and pictures
- Planning for the changing nature of social and search
- Measuring effectiveness: the right success and performance measures (and a word or two about the wrong ones)
This training course will suit anyone with direct or evolving responsibility for producing, managing or overseeing content, with particular emphasis on online projects. It is relevant to client or agency teams and includes: marketers, copywriters, web managers, publishers, customer service managers, editors, PR and media professionals.
The Digital Content Strategy training course will be led by Anne Caborn.
Originally a journalist, Anne worked for a range of national titles before becoming content lead for several websites, including viewer communities created by Granada Television.
Aside from being an exceptionally engaging trainer and presenter, Anne is a content strategist and digital communications consultant, working for a wide range of clients.
Read more about Anne Caborn »
What people say
The course was really great. It was a fun mix of content theory, discussion, and putting what we learnt into practice. I can say with certainty that everyone in attendance - even with our wide range of roles - came away a better marketer.
There's nothing worse than wasting time enduring a terrible course - and yet it's a common experience. Emarketeers' courses are led by genuine experts and are packed with useful information and techniques that you can take back to the office. Simply fantastic!
Barking and Dagenham Council
Knowledgeable trainer, interesting insights and small group made the course valuable - thank you!
Rethink Mental Illness
A lively and thoroughly enjoyable course, with plenty of opportunities to ask questions specific to my role and organisation.
This was a great course and I walked away with practical tools to help my team, thank you!
I attended the Digital Content Strategy course and the course was very well structured, professionally presented and our teacher was very friendly and helpful addressing all our queries. Would highly recommend Emarketeers!
After considering attending a few content strategy courses, I'm delighted that I chose to go with Emarketeers as the day was really impressive. I've been able to apply many of the things we discussed to my own work almost immediately!
Engaging, relevant and informative!
East Sussex County Council
Great course! Would recommend it highly. The course content was engaging and thought provoking, and the trainer clearly had substantial real-world industry experience to draw on when answering our questions.
East Sussex County Council
I found the Digital Content Strategy course stimulating and highly relevant. Anne's presentation was excellent - excellent and intelligent.
Alexandra (MWUK Ltd)