SEO For Beginners Training Course
Includes 4-weeks post-course support and a free technical audit
||£349.00 (29% off)||Book Now|
|This course can also be delivered on-site at your office||In-house Enquiry|
|Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments||* All prices exclude VAT|
Following this training course, you will understand how to:
- Optimise your website to improve search rank and performance
- Use online tools to carry out SEO planning, keyword and market research
- Perform competitor benchmarking using tools and advanced search commands
- Adopt best practice web design and copywriting
- Improve how search engines crawl and index your website
- Use on-page optimisation techniques to improve search performance
- Ensure your website follows best technical practices to avoid penalties
- Carry out effective link building and off-page optimisation using proven tactics
All attendees receive training certification, a digital copy of course material and four weeks post course support online.
Emarketeers' SEO For Beginners training course is an entry-level course, providing the very latest SEO strategies and tactics that will improve your SEO knowledge, confidence and performance.
The day is packed full of up-to-the-minute research, case studies, recommended tools and best practices, empowering attendees to either run their own SEO campaigns, or to better manage their SEO agency.
This interactive session takes place in a relaxed environment, and will give everyone a chance to ask questions about their own SEO activity.
The SEO Landscape
- A review of the latest Google algorithm updates and their impact on SEO
- The key points from Google's Search Guidelines
- Recent changes to Google's search results pages: opportunities and challenges
- Voice and semantic search: the future of SEO?
Planning SEO Campaigns
- Setting and measuring SEO goals and objectives
- Keyword research and planning: outsmarting your competitors
- Understanding user intent in SEO
- Competitor benchmarking - techniques and tools
- SEO planning tools: which ones to use
Technical SEO factors
- Understanding how search engines crawl websites
- How to speed up indexing with sitemaps
- Technical factors that will positively and negatively influence your search performance
- Maximising your site architecture
- Techniques to deal with duplicate, similar or archived content
- Dealing with migrating or relaunching websites
- How to optimise site metadata to improve search performance
- Deploying "structured data" to stand out in search results
- Using Google's Search Console to make improvements
- Techniques to optimise on page copy and content
- Maxmising your metadata: basic and advanced techniques
- Web design factors that can negatively impact SEO
- Using free and paid-for tools to audit your pages
Link Building & Content Marketing
- A history of link building: the difference between good and bad backlinks
- "Ethical" link building techniques that will boost your authority and rank
- Quick-win content marketing tactics commonly adopted by SEO teams
- Social Media and its relationship with link building
- Link analysis and outreach tools
Live SEO Audit/Clinic
- Everyone will have an opportunity to ask lots of questions, and test their own websites
This entry-level SEO course attracts attendees from a variety of backgrounds including marketing, design, PR, development and content. The course is suitable for both B2B and B2C organisations. No prior SEO experience is required to enrol on this course.
This course requires delegates to bring a WiFi enabled laptop for exercises.
The SEO For Beginners training course is led by Jonathan Saipe, founder of Emarketeers. Jonathan has been involved in search marketing since the late 90's. He worked at Publicis, the global advertising agency as Digital Development Director, launching many digital marketing campaigns for blue chip clients. He is a well-known speaker, blogger and commentator in the field of SEO and search marketing.
Read more about Jonathan Saipe »
What people say
An excellent place to start if you’re completely new to SEO. Covers a lot of ground in one day and you’ll leave a LOT more knowledgable, confident and appreciative of the main principles of SEO than when you arrived!
Really enjoyable and very informative. Our course instructor was thorough and professional, and really thought about how to give us the training we needed. I have lots to think about and implement now!
Highly recommend to anyone with no/limited experience of SEO. Very interesting course and the tutor was very knowledgeable.
Before this course SEO was a terrifying term, but now I feel confident in applying what I've learnt to my workplace. A great course.
The SEO for Beginners course exceeded my expectations. It gave a really useful overview of SEO best practices and will definitely have an impact on the way I work.
A big thank you to Jonathan for the excellent course yesterday. A lot of work ahead here for me this coming year; but as a novice you explained everything in plain English and shared many invaluable tools which I'll be using within my multinational organisation.
Cengage Learning EMEA
As someone new to SEO I found this very interesting. I was really impressed with the teaching, from planning to implementation and link building. Jonathan was a great teacher and approachable with questions. Thank you.
Adjacent Digital Politics
One of the best SEO courses I have attended, with very useful content and excellent delivery.
I would highly recommend this course to any marketer looking to gain more insight into the complicated world of SEO.
RPC Group Plc
Wonderfully presented with a very knowledgeable trainer who was clearly passionate and up-to-date in his subject field. The course was interesting, interactive and gave enough information to go on but not too much to overload my brain! Thank you!