SEO Foundation Training Course
Learn how to plan, manage and implement on-page and off-page SEO
|This course can also be delivered on-site at your office||In-house Enquiry|
|Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments||* All prices exclude VAT|
Following this training course, you will understand how to:
- Optimise your website to improve search rank and performance
- Use online tools to carry out SEO planning, keyword and market research
- Perform competitor benchmarking using tools and advanced search commands
- Adopt best practice web design and copywriting
- Improve how search engines crawl and index your website
- Use on-page optimisation techniques to improve search performance
- Ensure your website follows best technical practices to avoid penalties
- Carry out effective link building and off-page optimisation using proven tactics
All attendees receive training certification, a digital copy of course material and four weeks post course support online.
Emarketeers' SEO Foundation training course is an entry-level course, providing the very latest SEO strategies and tactics that will improve your SEO knowledge, confidence and performance.
The day is packed full of up-to-the-minute research, case studies, recommended tools and best practices, empowering attendees to either run their own SEO campaigns, or to better manage their SEO agency.
This interactive session takes place in a relaxed environment, and will give everyone a chance to ask questions about their own SEO activity.
Need help choosing the right course? Compare our SEO courses »
The SEO Landscape
- A review of the latest Google algorithm updates and their impact on SEO
- The key points from Google's Search Guidelines
- Recent changes to Google's search results pages: opportunities and challenges
- Voice and semantic search: the future of SEO?
Planning SEO Campaigns
- Setting and measuring SEO goals and objectives
- Keyword research and planning: outsmarting your competitors
- Understanding user intent in SEO
- Competitor benchmarking - techniques and tools
- SEO planning tools: which ones to use
Technical SEO factors
- Understanding how search engines crawl websites
- How to speed up indexing with sitemaps
- Technical factors that will positively and negatively influence your search performance
- Maximising your site architecture
- Techniques to deal with duplicate, similar or archived content
- Dealing with migrating or relaunching websites
- How to optimise site metadata to improve search performance
- Deploying "structured data" to stand out in search results
- Using Google's Search Console to make improvements
- Techniques to optimise on page copy and content
- Maximising your metadata: basic and advanced techniques
- Web design factors that can negatively impact SEO
- Using free and paid-for tools to audit your pages
Link Building & Content Marketing
- A history of link building: the difference between good and bad backlinks
- "Ethical" link building techniques that will boost your authority and rank
- Quick-win content marketing tactics commonly adopted by SEO teams
- Social Media and its relationship with link building
- Link analysis and outreach tools
Live SEO Audit/Clinic
- Everyone will have an opportunity to ask lots of questions, and test their own websites
The SEO Foundation course attracts attendees from a variety of backgrounds including marketing, design, PR, development and content. The course is suitable for both B2B and B2C organisations.
This course requires delegates to bring a WiFi enabled laptop for exercises.
The SEO Foundation training course is led by Jonathan Saipe, founder of Emarketeers. Jonathan has been involved in search marketing since the late 90's. He worked at Publicis, the global advertising agency as Digital Development Director, launching many digital marketing campaigns for blue chip clients. He is a well-known speaker, blogger and commentator in the field of SEO and search marketing.
Read more about Jonathan Saipe »
What people say
SEO Fast Track is a great course to attend to get you up to speed and provide you with the confidence to get started. Excellent mix of practical and theory.
Association for Consultancy and Engineering
Informative, interesting and invaluable. Highly recommended - I have no doubt that the learnings from this course will reap great benefits for Praetura Asset Finance.
Praetura Asset Finance
One of the best training courses I have ever been on! Hugely engaging and informative. Would recommend to everyone! Thank you, and keep doing what you're doing!
Energize Recruitment Solutions
Although I knew the basics of SEO, this course helped me understand in detail SEO, so that I can plan more thoroughly my marketing plan and build on my existing knowledge, to carry out more effectively my tasks as a marketing manager.
Discover the World
A very comprehensive programme including technical aspects of SEO which are usually skipped in other SEO courses.
European Medicines Agency
The course was very insightful, providing lots of relevant information which can be taken away and applied immediately. The venue was excellent too!
I would really recommend this course to anybody interested in learning about SEO, how it works and how to improve your website. It gives a great overview of all aspects of SEO, which so many pieces of useful information, also came away with many recommendations for further reading and resources to look at.
Pretty You London
The fast track SEO course was really helpful! It delivered information without being overwhelming and it really shows the importance of SEO while being incredibly interesting. I'd definitely recommend!
I highly recommend the Emarketeers' SEO Fast track course. The course has given me the base knowledge and the confidence to approach my company's SEO strategy. Everyone has been so friendly and supportive too. I wouldn't go anywhere else!
Big Cloud Recruitment
Regardless of how good you think your SEO knowledge is, attend this course. You won't regret it. Jonathan is an excellent host and presenter.