HTML & CSS For Beginners Training Course
If you're involved in web projects, content management or email marketing, it's important to have an understanding of the HTML and CSS code underpinning web pages or HTML emails.
This one day workshop will give you the confidence to create your own HTML or CSS code, as well as manage content, assets and 3rd party code or widgets placed on your website or emails. The course will also give you the skills to look at the source code of any web page or email template and understand the pieces of the jigsaw.
During the day, we will cover the structure of an HTML document, the core HTML tags, CSS coding and image handling. We will also introduce HTML5, discuss its importance in future-proofing your website.
The session is taught in a fun and relaxed environment, with lots of interactivity to help you along the way.
The Building Blocks of the Web
- How it works
- How it’s structured
- Where web pages live and how to access them
HTML - “Web Page Glue”
- Understanding the source code of a web page or HTML email
- The vocabulary and grammar of HTML
- Creating your own HTML using core HTML tags
- Styling the content of a web page
- How to carry out HTML editing
- HTML5 - What’s all the fuss about?
CSS - Cascading Style Sheets
- One reference file for style
- What a style sheet looks like
- How CSS can dramatically change a website
- Styling your own web pages using CSS
- Moving from style to interaction - the future of CSS3
- What it looks like and how to understand it
- The main browsers and their differences
- Understanding browser compatibility
- Browser testing tools
Other Web Development Languages
- A summary of different languages and terms you'll hear
Following this training course, you will understand:
- The fundamentals of front-end web development
- How web pages and HTML emails are structured
- The key HTML tags and CSS styles and their impact on web pages and emails
- Other languages that can be used on the web
- The core browser variants and their fundamental differences
- How developers work and how to manage them effectively
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of course material and four weeks post course support online.
This training course is for anyone responsible for managing or editing websites, HTML emails or online content. It's also suitable for people who would like to further their knowledge of front-end website development.
Typical attendees include: designers, content editors, marketers, project managers or anyone else involved in digital projects.
This is a beginner level course aimed at audiences who have no or little prior knowledge of front-end coding.
Delegates are requested to bring a WiFi enabled laptop for this course.
The HTML & CSS for Beginners course will be run by Jonathan Saipe.
Back in the mid 90's, when words like 'browser' and 'web' meant something very different to most people, Jonathan was already a digital pioneer. Having worked at global ad agency, Publicis as Internet Development Director in the 90's, he launched FIFO – a web design agency – in 1999. He formed Emarketeers less than a decade later.
Jonathan brings his wealth of web development experience to this web coding course, making it lively, fun and highly interactive!
Read more about Jonathan Saipe »
Very enjoyable course which ran at the right pace. Kept us interested throughout and reminded us of what we should be doing as well as discussing some new ideas.
A very useful course that covered exactly what I was looking for. I now feel comfortable talking about all aspects of modern website coding, and I have a much deeper understanding of HTML. The teacher was very knowledgeable and friendly and did not patronise anyone at any point - which is something of a rarity in IT-related training courses!
I really appreciated the trainers welcoming attitude, very nice venue and the little details like lovely gluten free cookies. Thanks!
Very useful and interactive course learning how to put basic web coding principles into practice. Left the class full of ideas!
Very good short course, as usual this company provides enjoyable training day full of useful information and tips.
Found this course very useful and now appreciate the work and time that goes into coding. It was a great confidence booster for my own development and will help when feeding back to our developers too.
Association of Train Operating Companies (ATOC)
A really good mixture of information and practical exercises. I'll be able to use the skills I learned straight away. Would definitely recommend.
Institute of Physics
I really enjoyed the Website Coding Course for Beginners. It was really well structured, informative and had great presentation and course notes to take away. Would definitely recommend.
London Calling Arts Ltd