Digital Marketing Essentials Training Course
Learn the fundamental concepts of digital marketing
|Course date||Location||Price *|
|Piccadilly, Manchester||£395.00 (20% off)||Book Now|
|St Pancras, London||
|Piccadilly, Manchester||£395.00 (20% off)||Book Now|
Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments
* All prices exclude VAT
Digital Marketing can be a confusing place full of acronyms, jargon and constant change. This intensive one-day course aims to cover the absolute fundamentals of digital marketing from search and mobile, to social and metrics.
You'll check how you much you already know, grasp some stuff you never properly understood before and, no doubt, identify some areas you’ll want to go into more deeply in the future.
It aims to stimulate, inform and inspire. You will finish the day with your head buzzing with new terminology, ideas and strategies.
Introduction: The Digital Marketing landscape
- Where are we now? How did we get here? Where next?
- Digital Marketing Planning - a strategic approach
- Creating an effective digital marketing framework
Search Engine Marketing (SEO and PPC)
- How search engines work
- Keyword research analysis and tools
- SEO: Link building techniques and how they help your rankings
- Pay-Per-Click advertising: the essentials
- Optimising your AdWords campaign (keywords, bid strategy, ad copy and creative) for maximum ROI
- Improving landing page conversion rates
- An overview of the email marketplace
- The role of ESPs (email service providers)
- Threats and challenges for email marketers
- Segmenting your database: eCRM
- Increasing your open and click-through rates
- Email design & development do's and don'ts
- Staying within the Law
- The ‘Big Four’: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube
- Social listening and sentiment analysis
- Getting hands-on: Organising Social Media: internal structures/ responsibilities, work-flows
- A strategic approach to social media
Mobile Marketing and Apps
- A look at the mobile landscape and its huge growth
- “There’s an App for that” (and everything else)
- HTML5 and the mobile web
- Location-based services: why, what and how
Usability and UX
- Copy and Design: creating information architecture that delivers
- Making your website GREAT™
- The importance of User Testing
Web Analytics and Metrics
- Launching your website is just the beginning
- Onsite analytics : the main platforms
- The analytics dashboard
- Setting up your conversion funnels
- What to test and how to test
- An iterative approach to optimization
Online Display Advertising
- The display ecosystem: media agencies, publishers and ad networks
- Ad formats: from traditional to new
- Creative considerations: interruptive or permission-based?
- Latest display advertising trends
What's New? What's Next?
- A look ahead to the (near) future in Digital Marketing
Following this training course you will a better understanding of:
- Essential digital marketing jargon, the key channels and the underlying principles
- How to put together a digital marketing strategy
- How to set KPIs for your online marketing activity
- Integrated Search Marketing strategies
- Social Media marketing in a business context
- How to effectively plan your email marketing campaigns
- Online display advertising networks and banner formats
- Mobile apps, mobile web and location-based services
- Analytics: what to measure and how to manage
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, hard and soft copies of course materials and four weeks post course support online.
This course typically attracts marketers looking to deepen their understanding of the dynamic world of digital marketing.
The course is designed to give attendees rapid boost to their knowledge of digital marketing strategy and techniques covering a broad set of disciplines. The approach is practical and straight-talking with case studies to bring the theory to life.
This training course will be led by Mike Berry. Mike is a strategic digital marketing trainer, consultant, author and blogger. He is also a Visiting Professor of Marketing Strategy at Hult International Business School in London.
Mike has worked with an impressive array of blue chip brands and agencies, and regularly delivers workshops and keynote presentations both in the UK and abroad.
Read more about Mike Berry »
A good course which covers the fundamentals of digital marketing delivered in a clear and concise manner, would recommend to anyone wanting to gain a better understanding of all things digital!
Nick Cross, Online & Digital Marketing Coordinator
I came into this room feeling like a digital dinosaur and left it feeling much more positive and confident. This course was mind-changing for me!
Anne Vigouroux, Marketing Manager
J. P. Morgan
A great introduction to the topic and useful to focus on this important area of marketing
Iain Cox, Marketing Head, EMEA & NA
J. P. Morgan
Very informative and I left feeling inspired. I'd definitely recommend!
Claire Samson, Media & Marketing Manager
Berkshire College of Agriculture
An enjoyable day of learning on the Digital Marketing Essentials course. Quality information delivered with the right balance of seriousness and humour. Held at a great venue with a superb lunch topped it all off!
Karina Wiles, Graphic Designer
The Digital Marketing Essentials course gave me a great insight into all areas of digital marketing. Although there was a lot of content to go through, Mike was a great tutor and really made the course enjoyable and easy to follow.
Celine Bilham, Marketing and Design Assistant
Excellent training course. The content was interesting, diverse and relevant. A great way to get the enthusiasm and ideas to develop a successful digital marketing strategy.
Helen Moreno, Digital Communications Team
Thoroughly enjoyable introduction into Internet Marketing. Left feeling very educated and also extremely inspired. Has wet my apetite for this style of learning and now hoping to attend the SEO course to further my knowledge.
Kim Mackender, Retail Campaign Manager
What a brilliant course! The presenter was very good at imparting lots of information in a very digestible format. I came away feeling confident that I could tackle an area that I have been far too scared to touch in the past. The whole day course was intense but well worth it.
Kiesha Meikle, Communications
Action for Blind People
Great course, extremely informative, lovely venue, will hope to attend future courses with Emarketeers!
Lorraine Beadle, Marketing Assistant
An excellent course which provided me with the know-how to challenge my organisation's online marketing strategy and the ability to manage agencies for improved ROI.
Nicola Collins, Senior Marketing Manager
I now feel much more up to date with current e-marketing techniques. The course provided a well structured overview with lots of pointers to help me delve deeper.
Amanda Fletcher, Communications Officer (Electronic Media)
Queen Mary, University of London
I found the course very practical, relevant to my daily job (working in media/advertising) and I look forward the opportunity to apply some of today's learnings to our next digital campaign.
Emilie Collet, Global Media Powerbrand Executive