Digital Marketing Essentials (1 Day) Training Course
Learn the fundamental concepts of digital marketing in 1 day
|Course date||Location||Price *|
||£395.00 (20% off)||Book Now|
||£395.00 (20% off)||Book Now|
Course length: 1 day (9.00am - 5.30pm) includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments
* All prices exclude VAT
Digital Marketing can be a confusing place full of acronyms, jargon and constant change. This intensive one-day course aims to cover the absolute fundamentals of digital marketing from search and mobile, to social and metrics.
You'll check how you much you already know, grasp some stuff you never properly understood before and, no doubt, identify some areas you’ll want to go into more deeply in the future.
It aims to stimulate, inform and inspire. You will finish the day with your head buzzing with new terminology, ideas and strategies.
Introduction: The Digital Marketing landscape
- Where are we now? How did we get here? What's changing?
- Current trends, challenges and opportunities
- Digital Marketing Planning - a strategic approach
Search Engine Marketing (SEO and PPC)
- How search engines work
- Keyword research analysis and tools
- SEO: Link building techniques and how they help your rankings
- Pay-Per-Click advertising: the essentials
- Optimising your AdWords campaign (keywords, bid strategy, ad copy and creative) for maximum ROI
- Improving landing page conversion rates
Social Media Marketing
- The ‘Big Four’: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube
- How Instagram and Pinterest fit into the social media landscape
- The impact of Mobile Messaging Apps: WhatsApp & Snapchat
- Social listening and sentiment analysis
- Getting hands-on: Organising Social Media: internal structures/ responsibilities, work-flows
- A strategic approach to social media
- An overview of the email marketing today; what is it best for?
- The role of ESPs (email service providers)
- Segmenting your database: eCRM
- Increasing your open and click-through rates
- Email design & development do's and don'ts
- Mobile: the saviour of email marketing?
Usability and UX
- Copy and Design: creating information architecture that delivers
- Desktop and mobile: delivering the best user experience
- Making your website GREAT™
- The importance of User Testing
Web Analytics and Metrics
- Launching your website is just the beginning
- On-site analytics : the main platforms (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Web Trends & IBM Analytics)
- The analytics dashboard
- Conversion funnels and conversion rate optimisation (CRO)
- What to test and how to test
- An iterative approach to optimization
Marketing in a Mobile World
- The mobile landscape and its huge growth
- "There's an app for that" (and everything else)
- HTML5, responsive design and the mobile web
- Location-based services, augmented reality & wearables
Online Display Advertising
- The online/mobile display ecosystem: media agencies, publishers and ad networks
- Creative considerations: interruptive or permission-based?
- Programmatic advertising: the future of online/mobile display?
Digital and the Law
- Being legal, decent, honest & truthful!
- Data and cookie legislation
- Keeping it legal: when to seek professional help
What's New? What's Next?
- A look ahead to the (near) future in Digital Marketing
Following this training course you will have a better understanding of:
- Essential digital marketing jargon, the key channels and the underlying principles
- How to put together a digital marketing strategy
- How to set KPIs for your online marketing activity
- Integrated Search Marketing strategies
- Social Media marketing in a business context
- How to effectively plan your email marketing campaigns
- Online display advertising networks and banner formats
- Mobile apps, mobile web and location-based services
- Analytics: what to measure and how to manage
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, a digital copy of the course material and four weeks post course support online.
This entry-level course attracts attendees looking to develop a broad understanding of the dynamic world of digital marketing. Typical attendees have little or no prior knowledge of digital marketing.
For a deeper-dive introduction to digital marketing, take a look at our 2 day digital marketing essentials course.
This training course will be led by Mike Berry. Mike is a strategic digital marketing trainer, consultant, author and blogger. He is also a Visiting Professor of Marketing Strategy at Hult International Business School in London.
Mike has worked with an impressive array of blue chip brands and agencies, and regularly delivers workshops and keynote presentations both in the UK and abroad.
Read more about Mike Berry »
Great course if you are new to digital marketing. The explanations and examples were excellent. Mike Berry is an experienced trainer with a dash of humour which is always a bonus. The on-site catering service was lovely too!
I found the digital marketing essentials course extremely informative. It affirmed my confidence in certain subjects, and taught me new things in others. So all in all, a successful day!
If you're not into digital, but are digital curious, this is the course for you. A very good taster.
London South Bank University
This course gives a great introduction to the fundamentals of digital marketing and how it can be used to effectively promote your business in an ever-changing marketplace. Providing valuable insight into the current trends in social media and the fast-paced nature of the industry.
House of Fraser
Digital Marketing Essentials is a fantastic course which will provide all marketeers with a strong foundation of digital principles. From SEO and PPC to Social Media, you will complete the course feeling confident and inspired, ready to implement these principles in to your business.
Full of content and very fast paced, lovely venue. Very useful courses!
Suffolk County Council
Good introduction to everything you need to know about Digital Marketing. Lively, entertaining and I learnt a lot.
A really well run course. Mike is an excellent communicator and presenter who clearly is an expert in the field. He managed to keep the material engaging, despite having a lot to squeeze in. Thoroughly enjoyed it!
Great course, great teacher, great day! Would recommend anyone beginner or not to give this a go. A lot to be learnt!
Mike Berry delivered the course very well! The venue, the course, the people - everything was brilliant. Definitely recommend it to any one who may be interested.
Portsmouth Business School, University of Portsmouth