Digital Marketing Essentials Training Course
Learn the fundamental concepts of digital marketing
|Course date||Location||Price *|
||£395.00 (20% off)||Book Now|
||£395.00 (20% off)||Book Now|
Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments
* All prices exclude VAT
Digital Marketing can be a confusing place full of acronyms, jargon and constant change. This intensive one-day course aims to cover the absolute fundamentals of digital marketing from search and mobile, to social and metrics.
You'll check how you much you already know, grasp some stuff you never properly understood before and, no doubt, identify some areas you’ll want to go into more deeply in the future.
It aims to stimulate, inform and inspire. You will finish the day with your head buzzing with new terminology, ideas and strategies.
Introduction: The Digital Marketing landscape
- Where are we now? How did we get here? What's changing?
- Current trends, challenges and opportunities
- Digital Marketing Planning - a strategic approach
Search Engine Marketing (SEO and PPC)
- How search engines work
- Keyword research analysis and tools
- SEO: Link building techniques and how they help your rankings
- Pay-Per-Click advertising: the essentials
- Optimising your AdWords campaign (keywords, bid strategy, ad copy and creative) for maximum ROI
- Improving landing page conversion rates
Social Media Marketing
- The ‘Big Four’: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube
- How Instagram and Pinterest fit into the social media landscape
- The impact of Mobile Messaging Apps: WhatsApp & Snapchat
- Social listening and sentiment analysis
- Getting hands-on: Organising Social Media: internal structures/ responsibilities, work-flows
- A strategic approach to social media
- An overview of the email marketing today; what is it best for?
- The role of ESPs (email service providers)
- Segmenting your database: eCRM
- Increasing your open and click-through rates
- Email design & development do's and don'ts
- Mobile: the saviour of email marketing?
Usability and UX
- Copy and Design: creating information architecture that delivers
- Desktop and mobile: delivering the best user experience
- Making your website GREAT™
- The importance of User Testing
Web Analytics and Metrics
- Launching your website is just the beginning
- On-site analytics : the main platforms (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Web Trends & IBM Analytics)
- The analytics dashboard
- Conversion funnels and conversion rate optimisation (CRO)
- What to test and how to test
- An iterative approach to optimization
Marketing in a Mobile World
- The mobile landscape and its huge growth
- "There's an app for that" (and everything else)
- HTML5, responsive design and the mobile web
- Location-based services, augmented reality & wearables
Online Display Advertising
- The online/mobile display ecosystem: media agencies, publishers and ad networks
- Creative considerations: interruptive or permission-based?
- Programmatic advertising: the future of online/mobile display?
Digital and the Law
- Being legal, decent, honest & truthful!
- Data and cookie legislation
- Keeping it legal: when to seek professional help
What's New? What's Next?
- A look ahead to the (near) future in Digital Marketing
Following this training course you will have a better understanding of:
- Essential digital marketing jargon, the key channels and the underlying principles
- How to put together a digital marketing strategy
- How to set KPIs for your online marketing activity
- Integrated Search Marketing strategies
- Social Media marketing in a business context
- How to effectively plan your email marketing campaigns
- Online display advertising networks and banner formats
- Mobile apps, mobile web and location-based services
- Analytics: what to measure and how to manage
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, a digital copy of the course material and four weeks post course support online.
This entry-level course typically attracts attendees looking to develop an understanding of the dynamic world of digital marketing.
The course is designed to give attendees a rapid boost to their knowledge of digital marketing strategy and techniques covering a broad set of disciplines. The approach is practical and straight-talking with case studies to bring the theory to life.
This training course will be led by Mike Berry. Mike is a strategic digital marketing trainer, consultant, author and blogger. He is also a Visiting Professor of Marketing Strategy at Hult International Business School in London.
Mike has worked with an impressive array of blue chip brands and agencies, and regularly delivers workshops and keynote presentations both in the UK and abroad.
Read more about Mike Berry »
I was slightly worried before the course that I may not get much out of it, coming from a background in digital and having done previous digital training such as Google Squared. However, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the day and how much I learned - there's definitely something for everyone. It's well organised, well structured and well delivered by trainers that know their fields inside-out.
Exactly what we wanted, a perfect course to introduce you to the world of Digital Marketing. Our team will now be working closer together on the digital marketing side of our business.
The trainer, Mike Berry was very professional; provided an extensive overview of the subject within a relatively short amount of time. Helpful, amusing, engaging and genuinely interested in his subject as well as the participants' own experiences and knowledge.
Mike was fantastic. Insightful, engaging and made a day of training fun, as well as a learning experience.
Industry expert as a trainer - you can't get better than that!
Severn Trent Water
Highly recommend if you want a condensed but thorough summary of digital marketing and don't have more than a day to spare. Met all expectations and was delivered extremely well.
A very informative, well structured and professionally delivered course from a very knowledgeable trainer who has had years of experience. I thoroughly enjoyed the course and look forward to attending another course delivered by Emarketeers.
University of Manchester
What a brilliant course! The presenter was very good at imparting lots of information in a very digestible format. I came away feeling confident that I could tackle an area that I have been far too scared to touch in the past. The whole day course was intense but well worth it.
Action for Blind People
Great Course. Great Content. Great tutor.
As a recently appointed Team Leader for an IT Company I found this course very informative and completely suited to our business marketing needs at this point. I spent 6 months attending night classes for a Marketing Diploma
and found the 1 day training course with Emarketeers more applicable to our business needs.