Google Tag Manager Training Course
Learn how to set up, configure and get the best out of GTM
|Please note: This course is currently only available in-house|
Google Tag Manager (GTM) has fast become the go-to tool if you want a convenient way to manage your analytics implementation, or ad tracking tags on your website or app.
If you're a digital marketer, a web analyst, or you work in ad ops or conversion optimisation, getting to grips with Google Tag Manager is a must, as it offers flexibility, with powerful functionality when managing tags.
This hands-on course will give you the skills to implement, test and measure Google Taq Manager, giving you the confidence to use it on a daily basis.
Bring a laptop and we'll run you through the entire GTM setup and configuration process, from start to finish.
What Is Tag Management And Why Is It Useful?
- Overview of Tag Management Systems
- Tag management: how it works, why and when to use tags
- Developing a measurement framework
About Google Tag Manager (GTM)
- Background to GTM
- How to access GTM and the steps to set up an account
The GTM Interface
- Overview of the User Interface
- How GTM is structured
- Overview of user roles for GTM
- How to install GTM on your website
- What is a data layer and why you should use one
Deploying Tags Via GTM
- Create your first tag using Google Analytics
- Configure a basic Pageview tag
- Define your trigger conditions
Testing The Results (Using GTM plugins, ObservePoint & Google Analytics)
- Check a live site to confirm GTM is present
- Use GTM plug-in to verify correct deployment
- Use ObservePoint to verify correct tags
- Check Google Analytics to verify data collection
Enhancing Your Data
- Add a static value to your Pageview tag
- Use variables to add dynamic data from the page to your Pageview Tag
- Basics of CSS selectors
- Add Event tracking to exit links
- Using a dataLayer to structure your data
Managing Your GTM Implementation
- Best practice for managing your tags
- Best practice for managing users
- User roles and work flows
You will come away from this course with:
- A clear understanding of how to set up and configure Google Tag Manger
- Guidance on GTM's features, and how to maximise them for your analytics or ad tracking
- An understanding of best practices when managing your tags
- An awareness of the various GTM plugins that will help validate and maximise GTM performance
- A clear vision of how to enhance your data collection
- Code examples that you can reuse later
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of the course materials and four weeks post course support online.
The Google Tag Manager course is suitable for anyone looking to understand how to set up and configure Google Tag Manager, and to maximise its features. Attendees are not expected to have prior knowledge of GTM.
We request that delegates bring a laptop with Chrome browser installed, for exercises and examples during the day.
Sean Burton has spent over 15 years working in the digital sector, and is passionate about deriving insight and value using technology and data, to improve customer experience.
Having previously been the Director of Measurement at Seren, Sean set up his own customer intelligence company, Analyt, in 2014, which specialises in using a blend of data, psychology and technology to improve digital customer experience and drive business performance.
Read more about Sean Burton »