Content Marketing Training Course
Learn how to leverage and measure the true power of content marketing
|Course date||Location||Price *|
Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments
* All prices exclude VAT
Content marketing is the 'next step' in digital marketing and vital for any organisation - B2C or B2B. Carried out successfully, it can add huge commercial value to any organisation.
It is considered so important, that Seth Godin famously claimed "content marketing is the only marketing left"
This inspiring and revealing one day course will teach you the essentials of planning and executing content marketing activity as well as how to measure its impact.
The course will reveal how to move beyond solely thinking about ways to increase website traffic, demonstrating ways to deliver consumer-valued content that will promote your organisation and its offering to your target audience in the most relevant and effective way.
Content Marketing - The Fundamentals
- Definition - what is content marketing?
- 10 characteristics of great content
The Business Case
- Digital's impact on audiences' relationship with organisations - and how this has led us to content marketing
- Business benefits of content marketing - with real examples and data
- Relationship between bought, owned and earned content - and how to leverage this for your organisation
Audiences And Messages
- Methods to help you identify audience segments and appropriate message-types (inc. analytics)
- Real-world examples of content marketing activity for different audiences and message-types
Types Of Content And Media
- Guidelines for popular content-types, such as advert-related, aggregated content, customer services, event-related, PR-focused, user-generated content...
- Guidelines for the best practice use of the main media options (inc. social media, images, video)
- Real-world examples of content marketing activity across different content and media-types
- How to select the most valuable sites to publish your content
- Guidelines on maximising the benefits of publishing your content on other sites
- How to encourage your audience to share your content
What To Do After Publishing
- Promotion - ways to promote your content after it has been published
- Recycling - how to get every last ounce of value from your original content
- Learning - advice on how to find out if your content was effective and responding to your audience's comments
Reputation And Crisis Management
- Defining reputation and crisis management
- Guidelines on how to use content marketing for effective reputation and crisis management
- Real-world examples of the different types of crisis management and content marketing techniques
Planning Your Content Marketing: Next Steps
- Content audit - analysing the quality and breadth of your current content
- Style guides, templates, libraries and training - developing resources and processes to support consistently excellent content marketing efforts
- Creating a content schedule - advice on how to organise your content marketing efforts in order to maximise its benefits
- Measuring the Return On Investment (ROI) of your content marketing activities
Following this training course, you will be able to:
- Create a content marketing strategy and framework for your organisation
- 'Sell' the value of content marketing internally
- Understand the 10 characteristics of great content
- Research and profile your organisation's audience segments and appropriate message-types
- Develop best practices for different types of content
- Encourage and benefit from user-generated content
- Create best practice content for all the main media types, including social media, images, video...
- Identify sites where you should try to get your content featured
- Understand the value of AuthorRank - and how to leverage it for your organisation
- Leverage your content after its initial publication
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, a digital copy of course materials and four weeks post course support online.
The Content Marketing training course is ideal for anyone involved in digital marketing, online content planning or writing, business development, social media and search marketing. It is suitable for both clients and agencies.
Tim Fidgeon is one of the UK’s leading trainers in content marketing, online writing and user experience. He has worked in digital marketing since the 90's and has a background in psychology and usability. He has worked with lots of major brands, including: Coca-Cola, Sony, Vodafone and General Motors.
Read more about Tim Fidgeon »
A great day of training - I had a really knowledgeable instructor and there was some very useful group discussions. The free breakfast, lunch and snacks were a nice little bonus too!
Vanessa Green, Content Marketing Manager
Great course - faced paced but it packs in a lot of highly relevant, up-to-date techniques around content marketing.
Richard Egan, Web Administrator
FME Learn Online
An interesting and highly relevant course delivered by an extremely knowledgeable and also entertaining professional in the field. An enjoyable and insightful day. Thank you.
Joanna Dawes, Corporate Responsibility Manager