Twitter for Business Training Course
Learn to use Twitter like a pro!
Following this training course, you will be able to:
- Understand the benefits of Twitter and where it fits into your existing marketing, comms and PR activity
- Create an effective corporate Twitter strategy
- Use correct terminology and etiquette when tweeting
- Build a relevant audience
- Properly engage with your followers
- Use third party tools to increase effectiveness and efficientcy
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, a digital copy of course material and four weeks post course support online.
With over 320 million active monthly users sending half a billion Tweets each day, Twitter has become a mainstream communications platform and is now considered by many to be a critical business tool.
But what does it mean for you and your organisation specifically? What things do you need to consider to use Twitter strategically?
This revealing one day course will mix together theory, hands-on exercises and discussion, to get you quickly and confidently up to speed with using Twitter in a business context.
Twitter in Context and the Fundamentals
- How Twitter has become a mass market medium, and its likely future direction
- The core set up, Twitter terminology and etiquette
- Master the most important features of the platform such as hashtags, shortened URLs and images/videos
- Understand the potential uses of Twitter for your organisation
Principles of Marketing with Twitter
- Ascertain where Twitter fits in your marketing and communications strategy
- How to build a relevant audience
- How to engage your followers
- Twitter’s role in content marketing
- Key ways to use Twitter to create brand advocacy
- Twitter for lead generation
Paid for Promotion
- The principles of twitter advertising
- Demystifying 'promoted accounts', 'promoted tweets' and 'promoted trends'
- How to choose the right Twitter ad options to fulfil your marketing objectives
- Learn about the ecosystem of third party tools that can be used to get the most the out of Twitter
- Identify the correct tools for your business
- How are different businesses and brands (large and small) using Twitter to help them in their business?
- Who's got it right, who’s got it wrong?
Monitoring and Measurement
- How to monitor conversations related to your brand(s)
- Measure and understand your impact within Twitter
Creating your Twitter strategy
- Discussion and brain-storming how Twitter could be useful for your organisation - going beyond marketing
- Who in your company should be representing your brand and areas of business
- Guidelines for operating a brand Twitter feed
- Guidelines for employees
- A Twitter strategy example template
The Twitter for Business training course typically attracts marketing or brand managers, customer service managers and community managers from SME's to organisations within the public sector, third sector and private sector.
No prior knowledge of using Twitter is required. Delegates are asked to bring a WiFi enabled laptop.
The Twitter for Business course is led by Matt Alder who has spent the last 14 years working in the online space specialising in brand strategy for numerous clients across both the private and public sectors. Matt is passionate about innovation and has a strong interest in how the digital revolution is changing the way companies communicate. He is an enthusiastic social media experimenter and an avid Twitter user.
See more details on Matt Alder »
What people say
Relaxed and friendly atmosphere where questions and discussion were welcomed throughout the day. Would recommend!
Kent County Council
The course was extremely well tailored to our needs and Matt is clearly very knowledgeable!
I would recommend this course for anyone that would like to extend their knowledge on Twitter within a business. It was a very useful course and many of the delegates learnt many new ideas, that we can use within our organisation.
The Twitter for Business course was the perfect introduction for our company into the often intimidating world of brand Twitter accounts! I now feel we have the tools and knowledge needed to grow our social presence and start to develop brand advocacy on Twitter. Thank you!
The Twitter for Business course was thorough, well-organised and inspiring. It has introduced me to some very valuable tools that will change the way I "tweet" for the better!
This course was brilliant for widening my knowledge in Twitter and giving me more confidence in using it the right way. Matt was fab and covered everything I needed, the venue, people and lunch was nice too!
The Felbridge Hotel and Spa
An informative and fun one-day course that unlocks the secrets to successful tweeting!
Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
The Twitter course was great for me as a complete beginner. The day after the course, I am now tweeting from two accounts!
Australian Trade Commission
I enjoyed this course and learnt more than I thought I would!