Online Video Strategy Training Course
Plan and manage online video content that delivers measurable results
|This course can also be delivered on-site at your office||In-house Enquiry|
|Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments||* All prices exclude VAT|
Following this training course, you will understand how to:
- Plan effective online video campaigns
- Make the case for resource / investment
- Write a brief, appoint a supplier and manage the production process
- Make your video stand out and achieve its desired objective
- Integrate video into a broader content marketing campaign
- Ensure a decent return on investment
- Make the right decisions about your audience and how to reach them
- Interpret campaign metrics and make continuous improvements
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of course material and four weeks post course support online.
Video has transformed the way we communicate with customers, staff and stakeholders. Why? Because it’s more effective than any other form of communication. It’s what people want to see.
Research shows audiences are more likely to pay attention to video content and it’s delivering tangible commercial benefits for businesses that embrace it.
It’s no wonder two-thirds of marketing directors expect video to dominate their strategies in the near future.
Trail-blazing brands are seeing their online video efforts filter through to the bottom line with highly targeted, branded content. The most successful of these are often the result of well-considered and well-executed online video strategies.
This course takes you through a step-by-step approach to planning, producing and distributing high-impact video content. It’s a must-attend for any marketing professionals interested in developing content that cuts through the noise and delivers real business value.
Setting The Scene
- Why choose online video?
- Case studies of successful campaigns
- The current online video landscape
Video Content Strategy
- How online video fits into the broader marketing plan
- Setting the right campaign objectives
- The importance of knowing your audience and how to engage with them effectively
- Using video at every stage of the buyer’s journey
- Defining your message and story
- Different types of video and when they’re used
- Measurement: what does success look like?
Creating great content
- Creating tangible value for the audience
- Optimising video for mobile
- Meeting minimum quality standards
- How to make your online video content shareable
Managing a campaign
- Steps to campaign planning and research
- Finding and managing an agency or supplier
- Writing the brief
- The production process – logistics planning, shooting and editing
- The relationship between owned, earned and paid media
- Growing a YouTube channel
- Optimising video for search
- Harnessing the power of influencers & advocates
Measurement & evaluation
- Measuring and understanding brand awareness vs engagement
- The continous improvement process: analyse, test, repeat
This training course is aimed at anyone planning, commissioning or managing online video as part of a marketing strategy and plan.
If you are looking to learn more about shooting video content yourself, take a look at our more practical video production for social & web training course.
The online video strategy course is led by Simon Bates.
Simon is an expert in connecting companies with their audiences. With a career spanning film writing and directing as well as 18 years spent at the highest levels of corporate communications, he understands better than most the art and value of storytelling for business.
He has advised clients like IBM, Canon, Motorola, The Office Group and Shell and acted as the spokesperson for UK broadcast and telecoms regulators Ofcom and PhonepayPlus.
Read more about Simon Bates »
What people say
This course has given me the skills and confidence to deliver video strategy, as well as upskill other members of my team - 5 stars.
A most informative, useful and enjoyable training day. This course offers a useful overview for creating video content for the web, and crucially, what to do with it once produced.
Blackpool & The Fylde College
A lively, effective course that imparted useful knowledge to my team, whilst keeping them engaged.
This course was excellent. I walked away feeling confident and excited, and I'm looking forward to putting theory into practice.
University of West London
The course was really engaging and useful - would certainly return for more Emarketeers courses!
Every minute of this course was useful to me. I left the class buzzing with energy and full of ideas. I recommend this course to anybody who is thinking of starting to use video as part of their marketing strategy.
Wessex Institute of Technology
A clear, insightful and extremely practical video course. Made an immediate difference to the way we approach video.
I have no hesitation in recommending Emarketeers courses. The content is always relevant, interesting and will help you improve your business.
Manchester Metropolitan University