Marketing Technology Training Course
Learn the fundamentals of martech and its role in digital marketing
Following this training course, you will understand:
- How marketing technology fits into "modern" digital marketing
- The language and technology underpinning marketing technology
- The evolution of martech and where it is heading
- Case studies of organisations using martech successfully
- The challenges of delivering and integrating martech
- Future marketing technology trends including blockchain and machine learning
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of course material and four weeks post course support online.
As marketing technology AKA martech, has become something of a buzzword, this one-day course cuts through the hype to bring a practical understanding of the landscape. And with martech evolving at an unprecedented rate, organisations and their employees need to be increasingly tech savvy.
This course is aimed at all marketers who want to grasp the current martech landscape and consider the future opportunities. The course does not require prior knowledge of marketing technology, and takes a technology-agnostic approach that is not platform specific.
Attendees will leave the session brimming with newly learned concepts, ideas, language, and confidence to explore further.
The Marketing Technology Landscape
- Why martech? Benefits and myths and "hype cycles"
- Assessing the impact of the Law of Disruption (in marketing)
- The growth and challenges of martech
- The "Platformisation" of Marketing
- Overview of the Programmatic Landscape
- Real-Time Bidding vs Programmatic: what is it and it's place in advertising
Machine Learning and AI
- Targeting, Personalisation and Attribution
- The Data Challenge (governance in the post-GDPR/Facebook age)
- Voice Interfaces (Alexa, Duplex and chatbots) and Natural Language Processing
- Predictive AI
Overview Of Open Data
- Working with APIs
- Observable data for research and targeting
- Using "Found data" as a creative marketing tool
What Does Successful Martech Look Like?
- Investment and organisational buy-in
- Embedding the right culture and skills to optimise results
- Future-proofing your martech investment
- Ensuring organisational integration and alignment
- Factors for successful implementation
- Setting goals and measuring success
- Examples and case studies
- Blockchain – what is it and why do we want it?
- When service brands become product brands
- What happens when the robots take over?
This introductory course is aimed at marketing professionals, or anyone with an interest in marketing technology, looking to expand their understanding of the martech landscape, opportunities and challenges.
No prior experience of marketing technology is required.
The Marketing Technology Foundation course is led by Mark Brill.
Mark Brill is a digital strategist and innovation consultant, who has been working in digital media, marketing and advertising for over 20 years.
Mark is a senior lecturer on the Future Media Masters course at Birmingham City University, He is also Chair of the DMA Mobile and Connected Marketing Council and speaks regularly at conferences.
Read more about Mark Brill »
What people say
Extremely valuable course. Never been to a course or workshop that has been so engaging and relevant before. Easy to take away steps to make instant improvements in how I work.
Very enjoyable course, covering off everything I was expecting and providing plenty food-for-thought and how to improve our current provision.
This is the most interesting and insightful course I have done in my career as a Project Manager. The course was varied yet in-depth and I feel more knowledgeable as a result. Thank you.
The course was excellent and we are very grateful for all the time and effort put into creating it, making it such a success - and fun too!
Network Housing Group