MailChimp Training Course
Take control of your email marketing with Mailchimp
Course Details & Enrolment
|This course can be delivered to teams at your business or organisation.||Enquire Now|
|Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes digital copies of materials and certification|
Following this MailChimp training course, you will understand:
- How to set up and manage your MailChimp account
- The different campaign options and which ones best apply to you
- How to manage subsrciber lists, and your data, using MailChimp
- How to create/manage your MailChimp email templates
- Ways to test your email campaigns using MailChimp's tools
- How to test your emails across various desktops and mobile devices
- How to integrate MailChimp with other 3rd party tools
- How MailChimp integrates with Facebook and Instagram ad platforms
- The reports produced by MailChimp and how to interpret the data
- Advanced account settings to improve inbox deliverability
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of course material to take away.
MailChimp packs in a lot of capabilities and is one of the best value email marketing solutions around, offering more for the price point than many other solutions. However, getting the best out of MailChimp requires an understanding of its interface, features, as well as standard and advanced settings.
This hands-on MailChimp training course is all about learning to get the most out of the platform. If you're new to MailChimp, or you've been using it in a limited way and need to further explore its options, then this course is for you. You'll walk away with more confidence using the software, and in turn learn ways to improve your email marketing activity and performance.
Bring a laptop and your MailChimp login (they're free to set up if you haven't done so), and you'll be using MailChimp like a pro in no time.
Setting Up Campaigns
- A view of the different types of campaigns
- Campaign send options
- A/B testing with MailChimp
- Creating and using Automation
Managing Email Templates
- Uploading an external template
- Using ready-made themes
- The MailChimp drag and drop Editor
- Editing template HTML/CSS source code
- Adding personalisation to emails
- Using MailChimp's template language
- Testing your emails with the inbox preview
- Testing template 'mobile-friendliness'
Lists & Data Management
- How lists works
- Importing and exporting data
- When to use lists, groups and segments
- Maximising your data with custom fields
- A review of the different types of sign-up forms
Reporting & Data Collection
- Reading campaign reports, what to look for
- Tracking and Google Analytics
- Tracking beyond the click with Goals
MailChimp Setup & Account Settings
- Setting up security and domain verification to improve deliverability
- Creating and managing user accounts
- Integrating MailChimp with other 3rd party systems inc. Shopify, Woocomerce & Magento
- Facebook and Instram ads: how it works and where to get started
- Integrating transactional emails with MailChimp
The MailChimp training course is aimed at anyone managing their email broadcast activity using MailChimp. Typical attendees include: marketers, comms managers, or sales teams with little or rudimentary knowledge of MailChimp.
Please note that this course doesn't cover HTML & CSS coding for emails, or email marketing strategy. Please contact us for further details on which courses will cover these topics.
We request that you bring a laptop and your MailChimp login details, for exercises throughout the day.
The MailChimp training course is led by Tim Watson.
Tim is a well known speaker, commentator and expert in the email marketing industry. He has more than 12 years' experience living and breathing email marketing.
His experience extends across B2B and B2C brands, with client email volumes anything up to 25 million emails per month. Tim also speaks regularly at conferences internationally about email marketing and blogs about the email marketing trends, sharing latest findings and results.
Read more about Tim Watson »
What people say
I already had an understanding of Mailchimp, however the trainer opened my eyes to the power that the system has. I didn't realise what power one list can have!