Google Analytics Training Course
Master Google Analytics in a day!
Course Details & Enrolment
|Live Online Course||£399.00 (19% off)||Book Now|
|Live Online Course||£399.00 (19% off)||Book Now|
|This course can be delivered to teams at your business or organisation.||Enquire Now|
|Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes digital copies of materials and certification||* All prices exclude VAT|
Following this Google Analytics course, you will be able to:
- Configure your Google Analytics Properties and Views correctly
- Interpret Google Analytics reports and data beyond the standard reports
- Configure Google Analytics in order to accurately measure Events and Goals
- Measure and monetise channel and campaign performance
- Understand your content effectiveness and user journeys
- Better understand social engagement metrics
- Create custom reports and dashboards
- Understand how Google Analytics integrates with other Google Products
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of course material and post course support online.
Google Analytics still remains the preferred analytics platform for measuring the impact of digital marketing. Yet, for the most part, it is not used to its full potential, often due to a lack of knowledge of the tool's ever-evolving features and interface.
Emarketeers' 1-day Google Analytics training course is packed full of helpful guidance and interactive examples, which will significantly boost your confidence using Google Analytics for reporting and attribution.
The course will cover essential steps required to configure your Properties, Views, Filters, Goals, Events, Funnels and more, in order that you are reporting in a meaningful way. The session will also cover how to use both standard and advanced features to gain actionable insight from the reports.
There will also be lots of opportunity to discuss how Google Analytics relates to your specific organisational needs. And you will finish the day with new-found Google Analytics skills that are immediately actionable.
Google Analytics Essentials
- How Google Analytics tracks user behaviour
- Why Google Analytics data isn't 100% accurate
- How cookies, browsers, data sampling and ad blocking affects reporting
- The REAL meaning behind metrics such as sessions, average time per session and bounce rates
Configuring Google Analytics Like A Pro
- Optmising your Account structure with Properties and Views
- Setting up Goals and Funnels to track your conversions
- How to set up Filters to improve data reporting
- Setting up on-page Events in Google Analytics or Google Tag Manager
- Integrating Google Ads with Google Analytics
- Integrating Google Search Console to maximise Google Organic reporting
- Defining Audiences for better remarketing campaigns
- Setting up ecommerce tracking (where applicable)
- Setting up Google Signals for cross-device reporting
Gaining Insight From Reports
- Using Primary and Secondary Dimensions to obtain granular insights
- Working with Segments and Advanced Filters
- Using "hidden features" including data sorting and annotations
Understanding Your Visitors & Content
- Interpreting the key visitor reports including audience demographics and behaviour
- How to interpret mobile traffic reports and data
- Visualising the visitor journey with User Flow charts and identifying “pain points”
- Understanding Site Content reports
- Measuring on-site Events to better understand visitor engagement and content performance
- Improving page speed using Site Speed reports
- Analysing on-site search engine activity (where relevant)
- Tracking embedded video activity within Google Analytics
Understanding Your Traffic Channels & Campaigns
- What is First Click and Last Click Attribution and why it matters
- Intepreting the data behind Acquisition Reports
- Organic and Paid Search (Google Ads) performance insights
- Using multi-channel reports to understand visitor click paths and how channels combine
- Measuring Campaign performance and gaining actionable insights
- Deploying UTM tracking to measure campaign performance
- Reporting on social media performance
Measuring Online Success
- Analysing goal performance
- Using funnel visualisations to uncover where visitors leave your critical processes
- Using e-commerce reports (where relevant)
Google Analytics Custom & Real-Time Reports
- Explorer vs Flat Table reports: differences and benefits
- Building your own custom reports and dashboards step-by-step
- Importing from the Google Analytics gallery
- Real-Time reports: benefits and use cases
If you know there's a lot more to Google Analytics than the reports you occasionally look at, then this course is for you.
Emarketeers' Google Analytics training is designed for marketing and content professionals who want to step up their confidence and knowledge of the tool, in order to maximise their data insight.
This Google Analytics training course is led by industry veteran, Remco Van Der Beek.
Remco has over 15 years experience in digital marketing and analytics. He has been a trainer with Emarketeers since 2012, and during that time has trained over 1,000 digital marketers in Google Analytics.
He was a senior consultant at Nedstat/comScore (now Adobe), and his track record features clients such as Orange, Bridgestone Europe, Cargill, Cathay Pacific, Westminster Abbey, LBi, Media Bounty and many others.
Read more about Remco Van Der Beek »
What people say
Having only looked at Google Analytics before I was always scared to go deeper. This course guided me into GA and now means I will happily venture further.
The course was engaging, interactive and well delivered. The trainer was extremely knowledgeable about the subject and provided some great ideas I can start to implement in my work.
I thoroughly enjoyed the Google Analytics course. The instructor was very knowledgeable and took an interactive approach to teaching. I would highly recommend!
McCarthy and Stone
Great course to start using GA...exactly what I was looking for. I would definitely do the advanced course.
The Exchange Lab
The key essentials of Google Analytics were explained clearly, and the practical exercises helped to make sure I could directly apply the skills I'd learned to my role as digital marketing officer.
Blackpool and The Fylde College
Even though I've been using Google Analytics for the last few years, this course helped me to figure out where I've been going wrong, how I can be more efficient, and where I can look for information that I didn't even know was available. Overall an excellent course! I highly recommend it!
Medicines for Malaria Venture (MMV)
The Google Analytics course really helped me attain a much better understanding of what the platform can do, and how I can find what I am looking for, to analyse the performance of my website and online marketing campaigns.
I was stumbling around a little with the stats I needed in Google Analytics. This course has provided me with an all-round understanding and has given me some great pointers. Now the hard part - implementing it!
Really informative and engaging course. The trainer clearly had a rich background of experience in the area and was able to help out with any queries.