Google Analytics Training Course
Gain actionable insights from Google Analytics
||£460.00 (7% off)||Book Now|
|This course can also be delivered on-site at your office||In-house Enquiry|
|Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.30pm) includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments||* All prices exclude VAT|
Following this training course, you will be able to:
- Configure your Google Analytics account correctly
- Configure the old Google Analytics and the new Universal Analytics tracking code
- Understand the real meaning of Google Analytics terminology
- Interpret Google Analytics reports and data
- Understand the attrition points in customer journeys
- Set up and measure your website conversion rates
- Measure and monetise channel performance
- Better understand social engagement metrics
- Create campaign tracking URLs
- Understand how people are using your website
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of course material and post course support online.
With almost 80% of organisations using it, Google Analytics has become the preferred solution for measuring the impact of digital marketing. Yet, for the most part, Google Analytics is not used to its full potential. Often, this is due to a lack of knowledge, or the ability to fully exploit its ever-evolving features and interface.
The day-long session is very discursive and packed with helpful exercises, that will significantly boost your confidence configuring and using Google Analytics for reporting and attribution.
There will also be lots of opportunity to discuss how Google Analytics relates to your specific organisational needs. And furthermore, it'll provide invaluable learning if you are looking to take your Google Analytics Individual Qualification (IQ) exam.
You will leave with Google Analytics skills and knowledge that are immediately actionable.
- How does Google Analytics track user behaviour?
- What data is collected?
- Understanding the limitations of tracking with browser cookies
- Understanding Google Analytics terminology such as user, session, hit, bounce rate
- Understanding channel tracking
- Setting up campaign tracking
Essential Google Analytics Features
- Setting up user management
- How to set up filters
- Integrating Google AdWords with GA
- Improving organic search insights using Google Search Console
- Tracking on site search terms
- Defining remarketing campaigns
- Tracking e-commerce activity
- Setting up goals and funnels to track your conversions
Navigating and drilling into Google Analytics reports
- Defining reporting periods
- Report visualisation options
- Overview of report table options
- Using primary and secondary dimensions to obtain granular insights
- Working with segments and advanced filters
Understanding Your Visitors & Behaviour
- Overview of key visitor reports incl. visitor demographics, visitor behavior and mobile traffic reports
- Visualising the visitor journey with User Flow charts
Understanding Your Traffic Channels
- 360° traffic channel performance reporting
- Organic and paid search (AdWords) performance insights
- Social media performance insights
- Campaign performance insights
Understanding Your Content Performance
- Overview of page performance reports
- Improving your website download time using Site Speed reports
- Analysing onsite search engine activity
- Tracking on page events (button clicks, link clicks, downloads etc.) using event tracking
- Tracking embedded video activity (YouTube, Vimeo, Brightcove) within Google Analytics
Measuring Online Success
- Analysing goal performance
- Using conversion funnel visualisation to uncover where visitors leave your critical processes
- Overview of e-commerce reports
Customising Your Reporting
- Building your own custom reports
- Build your own Google Analytics KPI dashboard
- Dashboard automation
- Export and email functionalities
- Google Analytics certification
- Useful online GA resources
- GA literature
If you know there's more to Google Analytics than the reports you occasionally look at, but you don't quite know where to start, then this course is for you.
Attendees on this course will typically have limited analytics experience and need to advance their Google Analytics skills.
This course is designed for marketing and communications professionals and website staff who need to understand their visitors, digital content and campaign performance, traffic sources and ROI. It will also help attendees with their Google Analytics Certification and Individual Qualification exam.
The course is equally intended to bring somewhat experienced Google Analytics users up to speed with the new features and user interface.
Delegates are asked to bring a WiFi enabled laptop in order to carry out exercises.
The Google Analytics training course is led by industry veteran, Remco Van Der Beek.
Remco has over 15 years experience in digital marketing and web analytics. He has been a trainer with Emarketeers since 2012, and during that time has trained over 1,000 digital marketers in Google Analytics.
He was a senior consultant at Nedstat/comScore (now Adobe), and his track record features clients such as Orange, Bridgestone Europe, Cargill, Cathay Pacific, Westminster Abbey, LBi, Media Bounty and many others.
Read more about Remco Van Der Beek »
What people say
I've been working with Google Analytics for years, but this course really helped to further my knowledge in terms of the practical day to day uses I was completely missing out on. Thanks Emarketeers!
Very good course, developed to engage different levels of GA understanding. There was a brilliant course leader, incredibly personable and presented the course in an engaging way.
The Google Analytics Course helped me to better understand the metrics I use on a daily basis and how to get more out of data.
The course was very well presented. It was easy to understand and navigate and the hands on aspect helped us all get a hang of things quickly! I highly recommend EMarketeers courses to anyone working within the marketing realm!
A great introduction to Google Analytics and understanding its functionality, with a lot of useful information to help further develop our online understanding.
Remco was a very good speaker and answered all our questions with the right amount of detail. Recommended!
Having only looked at Google Analytics before I was always scared to go deeper. This course guided me into GA and now means I will happily venture further.
The course was engaging, interactive and well delivered. The trainer was extremely knowledgeable about the subject and provided some great ideas I can start to implement in my work.
I thoroughly enjoyed the Google Analytics course. The instructor was very knowledgeable and took an interactive approach to teaching. I would highly recommend!
McCarthy and Stone
Great course to start using GA...exactly what I was looking for. I would definitely do the advanced course.
The Exchange Lab