Digital Product Management Training Course
Create digital products that customers will love
|This course can also be delivered on-site at your office||In-house Enquiry|
|Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments||* All prices exclude VAT|
Following this training course, you will be able to:
- Plan new, or enhance existing digital products and services
- Confidently choose and target the right target customers
- Identify customers' underserved needs
- Build a winning product strategy
- Define your minimum viable product (MVP)
- Design your prototypes
- Test your prototypes with customers
- Iterate rapidly to achieve product-market fit
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of course material and four weeks post course support online.
Why are some new products a hit while others flop? Although there’s no fool-proof way to tell what will succeed, every digital product has a chance as long as it’s supported by research, careful planning, and hard work.
This course is an interactive and practical workshop designed to help you create a digital product or service that customers will love. It'll give you the strategies for discovering what customers want — even when they don’t know themselves, practical suggestions for developing profitable products, and easy-to-learn methods to constantly iterate a product or feature.
In plain-English, and through individual and group exercises, you’ll come away from the day with a deep understanding of the product life-cycle. Illustrated with relevant case studies, you’ll also learn about market research, competitive analysis, market and pricing strategy, product roadmaps, and the skills to manage product innovation and development.
Introduction & Overview
- Why Products and Services fail and why they win
- What is Product-Market Fit?
- Applying the Product-Market Fit Pyramid to digital products and services
- Overview of the Product Development process
Problem Space versus Solution Space
- How problems define markets
- Customer-led product development
- Using Solution Space to discover Customer Pains
- The Build-Measure-Learn loop
Defining Your Target Market
- Choosing customer segments
- Users vs Buyers
- The technology adoption cycle
- Customer Personas
Identifying Unmet Customer Needs
- What’s the Job to Be Done (JTBD)?
- Carrying our customer discovery interviews
- Customer "Benefit Ladders"
- Developing a "Hierarchy of Needs"
Define your Value Proposition
- Successful product development means saying, ‘No’
- Building your Value Proposition
- Skating to where the puck will be
- Predicting the future
Your Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- User Stories: Features with benefits
- Breaking features down
- Scoping with "Story Points"
- Using ROI to determine investment
- Testing your MVP with customers
Build Your Product With Agile Management
- Understanding what is meant by ‘being Agile’
- Scrum vs Kanban and choosing the right approach
- Using Test Driven Development (TDD)
Measure Your Key Metrics
- Optimisation with AB testing
- Analytics frameworks
- Identify the metric that matters most
- Achieving profitability
This one-day interactive workshop is for mid to senior-level managers, marketers, sales people, analysts, and any business leaders, who wants to gain a comprehensive understanding of the Product Development process.
The Digital Product Development course is led by Andrew Lloyd Gordon.
Andrew is a true veteran in digital planning and marketing, having worked in the industry for over 20 years. He is a highly-experienced presenter, mentor, coach and trainer, advising many commercial and not-for-profit organisations on topics including digital planning, strategy and product management.
Read more about Andrew Lloyd Gordon »