Digital Analytics Strategy Training Course
Master digital analytics in a big data world
Following the Digital Analytics Strategy training course, you will understand:
- The relationship between big data and digital analytics
- The digital analytics ecosystem and available options to gather and analyse data
- How to increase your organisation's digital analytics 'maturity'
- How to successfully map your goals with digital analytics
- How to use data to understand and improve the customer journey and campaign performance
- The role of tag management in digital data collection
- How to segment and visualise data to gain maximum insight
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, a digital copy of course material and four weeks post course support online.
With businesses rapidly maturing into digital organisations, and consumers increasingly using multiple touchpoints, capturing, processing and understanding the data generated has never been so important. Enter digital analytics.
While the emphasis in digital projects is often on the digital customer experience and the enabling technology, the digital data component is often overlooked, or dealt with ad-hoc.
This Digital Analytics course is for anyone who is responsible for, or involved in taking their organisation from basic reporting, to taking actions based on digital data insights. It provides an invaluable view of the key elements when embarking on the digital analytics journey.
Setting The Scene
- The proliferation of digital technology, customer touchpoints and digital data
- Main concepts involved in big data and digital analytics
The Digital Analytics Ecosystem
- Clickstream data from websites or apps (web analytics)
- E-commerce data
- A/B and multivariate testing, heat mapping
- CRM & marketing automation data
- Customer support data (phone calls, tickets etc.)
- Voice of customer data, incl. customer feedback surveys, Net Promoter Score, Customer Satisfaction
- Social media: analysing social media profile data, engagement and sentiment (in particular, but not limited to, Facebook and Twitter)
- Media performance data: digital, print, mass media, direct response
Putting Data At The Heart Of Your Digital Strategy
- Assessing your digital analytics maturity
- The digital analytics roadmap
- Digital analytics governance: what and how to organise for digital analytics success
- Digital analyst profile: skills and competences
- Why digital analytics projects fail
Developing Your Measurement Strategy
- Defining clear business goals
- Selecting the right key performance indicators to measure performance
Digital Data Collection
- The do’s and don’ts of digital data collection: the latest in data privacy legislation
- The role of tag management solutions in digital data collection
- The relationship between digital analytics and big data technology such as enterprise data management solutions and Data Management Platforms (DMP)
Data Analysis & Insights
- Data analysis process
- Mapping your customer journey touchpoints
- Attribution modelling: how to allocate success when multiple channels are involved
- The importance of segmentation in digital data analysis
- Recency-frequency-monetary (RFM) analysis
- Customer Lifetime Value (CLV) analysis
- Predictive analytics: how to predict what happens next
- Visualisation tools & techniques (Klipfolio, Qliqview, Tableau)
- Data storytelling, the new must-have skill
The Digital Analytics course is suitable for digital marketing managers, digital project managers, IT managers, product owners, digital analysts, business analysts, and any function involved in capturing and analysing digital data.
This course is not product specific and can be applied to users of any mainstream analytics or tagging software.
The Digital Analytics Strategy training course is led by industry veteran, Remco Van Der Beek.
Remco has over 10 years experience in digital marketing and analytics. He was a senior consultant at Nedstat (now comScore), Europe's leading web analytics vendor, and worked with many large organisations as an external or internal consultant, such as France Telecom. Remco is a passionate advocate of web analytics and brings his huge experience and enthusiasm to each analytics training course.
Read more about Remco Van Der Beek »
What people say
Useful and practical course on digital analytics, great to get an overview and practical tools you can apply.
Cambridge University Press
This course was tailored to our business and was so relevant to our team. The course leader was extremely personable and passionate, lots to take away and implement.
The trainer and course content were both very good. Facilitated by videos, real time online analytics examples and high level strategy explanation and directions were very helpful. I would recommend this course as an introduction to Web Analytics.
I keep coming back to Emarketeers for their knowledgeable trainers and professionally organized workshops. The course on web analytics and optimisation gave me lots of new ideas that I can start using right away to better understand how visitors are interacting with our website.
Medicines for Malaria Venture
I really enjoyed this course. It included a good balance of theory coupled with practical tools that can be adopted by our business.
The course was very interesting and insightful. Remco is an entertaining and informative teacher.
This is the second Emarketeers course I have attended and yet again I came out brimming with ideas for how to take my organisation forward.
Hertfordshire Business Services
The course provided a very useful overview of what web analytics can do, how this may apply in my organisation and what actions were needed to take this forward.
Department of Work & Pensions
This is the second Emarketeers course I have been on and have been extremely impressed by both. I have taken away so many useful tips and techniques that I can apply to the work I do every day, which for me is the essence of a great course.
De Montfort University
This course was very informative and gave a very comprehensive overview of everything you need to know to implement a successful web analytics and conversion strategy within your business.