Data Visualisation Training Course
Create visualisations that are impactful, simple and persuasive
Course Details & Enrolment
|This course can be delivered to teams at your business or organisation.||Enquire Now|
|Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes digital copies of materials and certification|
Following this Data Visualisation training course, you will be able to:
- Identify your audience and tone of voice
- Choose the correct headline and plan your infographic content effectively
- Use design tools to make engaging data visualisations
- Know when to use adaptive design
- Know when to make your visualisations interactive
- Use the right emotion to make your infographics more engaging
- Understand what gets shared – and why
- Work with data you have brought to the session
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of course material and four weeks post course support online.
For those working with data, the demand for visualisation skills in the last five years has grown by a startling 2574%, according to Burning Glass Technologies, a Boston-based startup.
If you work with any kind of data and want to use it to help your business or organisation, this lively and enlightening one-day Data Visualisation course is for you.
Through a series of discussions and interactive exercises, we'll help you develop new capabilities and a better approach to data visualisation.
We will show you how to turn raw data into visualisations that are impactful, simple and persuasive. We will also provide you with a set of tools to help you understand your audience, your message and your data, as well as demonstrating which charts work best, how to prep data for visualisation and what data visualisation success looks like.
Introducing Data Visualisation
- Show don’t tell: the psychology behind visual content.
- The importance of impact: what we mean by "the sweet spot"; what are you telling me, why are you telling me now and why this way
- The vital significance of headlines: why “business as usual” or “man does job” is not an infographic title
- Timeliness, relevance, exclusivity and what it means to you
Data Visualisation Case Studies & Examples
- Evaluate examples of the cutting edge of data visualisation and interactive story-telling
- Thinking fast and slow: how audiences consume data
- Fast do’s and don’ts: benefit of a reduced colour palette, less words more readers, knowing when to stop
Producing Data Visualisations
- Waterfall vs Agile methodologies
- “Diving thirds”, the hero stat and what colours mean
- Why the five act play is the perfect structure for your infographic
Software & Tools
- Which design software/tool is best for you?
- Choosing the best coding tools
- Handling data: which tools to use
Exercises Throughout The Session
- Infographic critiques
- Group infographic-building
- Building in creative teams
- "Everyone needs an editor"
The data visualisation training course has been designed for anyone who is already working with data and wants to improve their visualisations. Or, anyone who wants to get a better response to their visualisations online.
Emarketeers' Data Visualisation training course is led by Andy Pemberton.
Andy is a content expert with international experience and is one the UK’s leading data visualisation trainers. He has worked with the United Nations, the World Food Programme, RNLI, IBM, Cisco, Aviva and many more world-beating brands. He was also a judge at the British Media Awards in 2015.
Andy writes a column for Campaign magazine about innovation in digital, and he is currently working on a book about data visualisation.
Read more about Andy Pemberton »
What people say
A fantastic tutor with a wealth of relevant and interesting material to draw on. I really enjoyed their presentation style and the way they were able to cut through the noise to get to the crux of an issue. their messages really hit home and I genuinely feel that my work will be more focused and valuable as a result. It was a great day