Content Marketing Training Course
Learn how to leverage and measure the true power of content marketing
|This course can also be delivered on-site at your office||In-house Enquiry|
|Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments||* All prices exclude VAT|
Following this training course, you will understand:
- The crucial role that content marketing plays in both B2C and B2B organisations
- How content can guide and inform new paths to purchase
- The foundational steps needed to inform your approach to content creation
- Ideas about how to ‘sell in’ the idea of content marketing to your colleagues
- Content seeding and promotion technique to maximise its reach and impact
- How to extract long-term value from every piece of content you create
- How to measure and report your content marketing success
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, a digital copy of course materials and four weeks post course support online.
The idea of Content Marketing has exploded onto the scene in recent years but it’s much more than just the latest buzzword for trendy marketers. When executed well, content marketing gives organisations an evergreen platform to attract and acquire customers and forms the foundation for all other marketing activities, both online and offline.
In this one-day workshop, you'll learn why effective Content Marketing is pivotal to commercial success in our real-time, multichannel world. We'll provide a structured framework to help you plan and implement your content marketing programmes and develop new skills to unlock more strategic thinking and better commercial results.
Through a series of discussions and interactive exercises, we'll help you develop new capabilities and a better approach to content marketing for your organisation. You'll identify the priority tasks you need to complete to inspire profitable customer actions and greater long-term business success.
Why Content Marketing Really Matters
- How B2C and B2B journeys to purchase are changing in our digital era
- Why great content resides in The Zone of Relevance
- Fresh approaches to content planning for our multi-channel, multi-touch world
Laying the Foundations
- Audience understanding and how their content needs shift over time
- Mapping great content ideas to the customer journey
- Researching content ideas your audience cares about and the channels they use
- Free and paid-for tools to carry out content marketing research
Creation and Distribution
- Planning for topical content using editorial calendaring
- Fresh approaches to content creation and insourcing/outsourcing
- How to seed and promote and track your content to maximise its commercial impact
Measurement and Analysis
- Content tracking and measurement aligned to your goals
- Defining relevant primary and proxy metrics
- Attribution challenges and "dark sharing" considerations
Creating Content That Clicks
- Insights from behavioural economics into what makes customers click
- The crucial role of psychology in incentivising profitable customer actions online
- Techniques to boost audience engagement levels with your content
This training course has been designed for anyone who works in marketing, with responsibility for improving efficiency and engagement from their communications work.
You may be in a digital or traditional marketing role, either agency or client-side, and will be looking for fresh ideas and inspiration to unlock great value from your marketing plans. You do not need to be actively involved in an existing content marketing programme, but you must be eager to learn and have an open-mind to unlocking untapped new opportunities.
The Content Marketing course is delivered by Allister Frost. Allister is a Chartered Marketer with over twenty years’ of experience in B2C and B2B marketing and is a specialist in emerging digital marketing techniques.
He is Microsoft's former Head of Digital Marketing Strategy and has won numerous industry awards including being voted UK Digital Marketing Personality of the Year.
Allister is a respected industry thought-leader, speaking regularly at industry conferences around the world. He has committed the last twenty years of his career to embracing technology changes, that help companies gain a competitive advantage and accelerate business growth.
Read more about Allister Frost »
What people say
Definitely recommend this course to anyone looking to venture into, or improve, their approach to Content marketing
Very insightful and engaging workshop, which sparked several creative ideas in my head. Great to see and hear lots of examples showing application of theory, including several specific to my industry. All in all, a day well spent!
Kaplan International Pathways
Thoroughly enjoyed the course and it's exactly what I needed to come up with an invaluable plan of what my organisation can produce in 1 month/6 months/a year's time and what will work best where and for who
I felt the course and the course leader was spot on for what we needed, and the great thing is the team have actually put in place some of the learning - right from the day after - and they continue to discuss it among themselves too.
A really enlightening and stimulating overview for marketeers embarking on a content marketing strategy. Full of clear, intelligent advice delivered by an inspirational industry leader. Highly recommended!
The content marketing course was well worth the time out of the office. The content and structure was exactly what I was hoping for and was presented well.
A fantastic course delivered by a superb trainer - Tim allowed us to understand the principles of content marketing and left me feeling motivated and confident on how to implement strategies in my company!
A great day of training - I had a really knowledgeable instructor and there was some very useful group discussions. The free breakfast, lunch and snacks were a nice little bonus too!
Great course - faced paced but it packs in a lot of highly relevant, up-to-date techniques around content marketing.
FME Learn Online
An interesting and highly relevant course delivered by an extremely knowledgeable and also entertaining professional in the field. An enjoyable and insightful day. Thank you.