Advanced Google Analytics Training Course
Take your Google Analytics insight and skills to the next level
|Live Online Course||£460.00 (7% off)||Book Now|
|Live Online Course||£299.00 (40% off)||Book Now|
|This course can also be tailor-made for teams, in-company||In-house Enquiry|
|Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.30pm) includes digital copies of materials and certification||* All prices exclude VAT|
Following the Advanced Google Analytics training course, you will be able to:
- Mine your analytics data beyond the standard reports
- Implement custom variables and advanced segments to improve data quality
- Use API tools to automate your reporting
- Obtain greater insight through qualitative visitor surveys
- Understand the impact of multiple touchpoints through attribution modelling
- Implement Google Analytics regular expressions
- Bring agility to your tagging with Google Tag manager
- Plan for future developments with Universal Analytics
All attendees receive an attendance certification, digital copies of course material and four weeks post course support online.
You have been using Google Analytics to fulfil standard reporting needs for a while, and now you are ready to become the Google Analytics champion in your organisation.
This Advanced Google Analytics course aims to take your knowledge to the next level. It will enable you to mine your Google Analytics data to generate crucial insights, configure and modify Google Analytics for advanced use, automate your Google Analytics reporting in Excel, and a lot more!
This day-long course is packed full of tips, tricks and helpful exercises, with lots of opportunities to discuss how Google Analytics relates to your specific organisational needs.
This course compliments our standard Google Analytics Foundation course.
Advanced Configuration Options
- Enabling Demographics & Interests reports
- Defining audiences and dynamic attributes to power remarketing and Google Optimise 360 campaigns
- Uniquely tracking users across devices with user-id tracking
- The ins and out of session and campaign timeout handling
- Customising Organic Search sources
- Applying referral exclusions to optimise reporting
Advanced Measurement Code Implementation (via HTML or GTM)
- The difference between measurement code implementation via HTML or Google Tag Manager
- Setting up tag and triggers in Google Tag Manager
- Implementing a data layer and adding data
- Auditing your analytics tags using developer tools or Tag Assistant
- Implementing subdomain and cross-domain tracking
- Understand Site speed tracking
- Tracking downloads, link clicks and form submissions using event tracking
- Tracking embedded YouTube and Vimeo video interactions
- Measuring content sharing using social interaction tracking
- Measuring standard e-commerce activity with standard or enhanced ecommerce tracking (if relevant)
- Implementing custom dimensions and custom metrics
Using Advanced Filters
- Combatting spam traffic with advanced filters
- Advanced filtering and segmentation using regular expressions (Regex code)
Testing & Optimisation
- A structured approach to testing
- A/B versus multivariate testing
- Implementing scroll tracking and heatmaps
- Optimising forms with form tracking
- Tracking site-to-call conversion and chat
- Tracking voice of customer incl. task completion, customer satisfaction (CSAT) and Net Promoter Score (NPS)
Using Attribution Modelling
- What is attribution modelling and why is it so critical?
- Multi-channel funnel reporting explained
- A review of the different attribution models and which ones to choose
- Making a case for incremental marketing attribution
Advanced Reporting Techniques
- Saving time through report automation in Excel
Google Analytics Clinic
- Bring your specific Google Analytics queries to the table and benefit from a speed consultancy session
If you know your way around the standard Google Analytics features and reports, or you've already attended our Google Analytics training course and you're ready to move up a level, then this Advanced Google Analytics course is for you.
Typical attendees include digital marketers, web or data analysts, digital project managers, or digital producers.
Delegates are asked to bring a laptop in order to carry out exercises.
The Advanced Google Analytics training course is led by industry veteran Remco Van Der Beek.
Remco has over 15 years' experience in digital marketing and web analytics. He has been a trainer with Emarketeers since 2012, and during that time has trained over 1,000 digital marketers in Google Analytics.
He was a senior consultant at Nedstat/comScore (now Adobe), and his track record features clients such as Orange, Bridgestone Europe, Cargill, Cathay Pacific, Westminster Abbey, LBi, Media Bounty and many others.
Read more about Remco Van Der Beek »
What people say
The Google Analytics and Advanced Google Analytics courses we attended were intense but extremely useful. We came away with lots of inspiration, a much better understanding of a data-driven digital approach and list of action points to implement in our organisation over the next few weeks. Excellent trainer with great marketing knowledge that could also illustrate how this specific subject fits into overall digital marketing. Can highly recommend.
Fine Tubes - Ametek
The course covered a really good variety of information, and provided practical insights into how we can use Google Analytics more effectively - can't wait to try out the recommendations!
The course was all delivered very well, I learnt a lot in a very short time.
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
Excellent course for giving you a greater insight into the world of web analytics.
New Technology CADCAM
I really enjoyed the course. It covered lots of areas usually overlooked inside Google Analytics and gave me dozens of actions to implement as soon as possible.
Remco was great. He addressed all our individual learning objectives at the start of the class and answered our questions thoroughly as we went along. He was flexible but thorough in covering the topics (and a few extras). The food provided was also amazing!
The advanced Google Analytics course was really insightful. The teacher was great and the class was small which allowed time for lots of questions around other topics within GA.
The teacher was brilliant. A top public speaker who knew how to explain things in a simplistic manner making it more digestible. One of the best GA or marketing courses I've taken part in. Well done and thank you!
The Advanced Google Analytics Course provided me a deeper insight into the way Google Analytics can be used to benefit a business.
Remco was a fantastic trainer, he was very knowledgeable and brought the topic to life with some useful exercises and real life examples.