Website Coding For Beginners Training Course
|Course date||Location||Price *|
|St Pancras, London||
Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments
* All prices exclude VAT
If you're involved in web projects or web content management, it’s a good idea to have an understanding of the code underpinning websites.
This one day workshop will give you the confidence to create your own HTML or CSS code, as well as manage content, assets and 3rd party code or widgets placed on your website. The course will also give you the skills to look at the source code of any web page and understand the pieces of the jigsaw.
The session is taught in a fun and relaxed environment, with lots of interactivity to help you along the way.
The Building Blocks of the Web
- How it works
- How it’s structured
- Where web pages live and how to access them
HTML - “Web Page Glue”
- Understanding the source code of a web page
- The vocabulary and grammar of HTML
- Styling the content of a web page
- How to carry out HTML editing
- HTML5 - What’s all the fuss about?
CSS - Cascading Style Sheets
- One reference file for style
- What a style sheet looks like
- How CSS can dramatically change a website
- Moving from style to interaction - the future of CSS3
- What it looks like and how to understand it
Other Web Development Languages
- A summary of different languages and terms you'll hear
- The main browsers and their differences
- Understanding browser compatibility
- Browser testing tools
Dealing With Developers
- How to brief developers
- Important coding principles
- Understanding how developers work
- How to speak the same language
Following this training course, you will understand:
- The fundamentals of front-end web development
- How web pages and HTML emails are structured
- Other languages that can be used on the web
- The core browser variants and their fundamental differences
- How developers work and how to manage them effectively
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, course material and four weeks post course support online.
This training course is for anyone responsible for managing or editing websites, HTML emails or online content. It's also suitable for people who would like to further their knowledge of front-end website development.
Typical attendees include: bloggers, web project managers, account handlers, marketers, content editors, designers, or anyone else involved in digital projects.
This is a beginner level course aimed at audiences who have no prior knowledge of front-end coding.
Delegates are requested to bring a WiFi enabled laptop for this course.
The Website Coding for Beginners course will be run by Jonathan Saipe.
Back in the mid 90's, when words like 'browser' and 'web' meant something very different to most people, Jon was already a digital pioneer. Having worked at Publicis as Internet Development Director in the 90's, he launched FIFO Digital Media – a web design agency – in 1999. He formed Emarketeers less than a decade later.
Jonathan brings his wealth of web development experience to the web coding course, making it lively, fun and highly interactive!
Read more about Jonathan Saipe »