Web Technology In A Day Training Course
Boost your understanding of web technology
|Please note: This course is currently only available in-house|
With technology evolving at an unprecedented rate, organisations and their employees need to be increasingly tech savvy.
Being able to communicate effectively to web developers, data analysts, UX professionals, designers and other digital team members means more effective marketing campaigns, better customer insights and ultimately better marketing ROI.
This can only be achieved when you have a good grounding in the fundamentals of web technology, which is exactly what this course will teach you.
Attendees will leave the session brimming with newly learned concepts, ideas, language, and most importantly, confidence to 'talk tech'!
Setting The Scene
- Why marketing professionals need technical skills
- Technology fundamentals marketers need to know
Web Coding Fundamentals
- What are HTML and CSS?
- The structure and elements of an HTML document
- CSS fundamentals
- How HTML5 is impacting web projects
Web Technology Fundamentals
- The relationship between browsers and servers
- Defining 'requests' and 'responses'
- Managing domains and subdomains
- The role of the web server
- Popular server-side languages
- Free and paid-for databases
- Common technology stacks
- What are Cookies and why are they so important
- Privacy challenges and issues
Advanced Web Technology
- Understanding Cloud Computing and its uses in marketing technology
- AJAX: what it does, where it's used and why it's important
Web Analytics Fundamentals
- What can be measured online?
- The importance of marketing tags
- The fundamentals of tracking marketing campaigns
- Why you can't always trust the numbers
- Popular analytics tools (other than Google Analytics)
- Optimisation, user experience, customer feedback and other testing tools
Common Technology Systems
- Content management systems and ecommerce platforms
- Email marketing and CRM tools
- Distributed systems & cloud computing
Dealing With Data
- Relational vs non-relational databases
- Why data silos are bad
- The challenge of integrating multiple data sources
Following this training course, you will be able to:
- How modern websites and applications are built
- How to communicate effectively and succinctly with your web development or digital team to get tasks done quickly
- Confidently manage (and sometimes challenge) your digital team members
- How to make more informed marketing decisions about technology and platforms
- How analytics tools track web behaviour so you know where to look when your tracking isn't working
- The different ways data can be collected and stored, and why it is essential to get it right to succeed
- What to consider when implementing a new website for your business; and how it will impact your ability to conduct data-driven marketing
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of course material and four weeks post course support online.
This introductory course is designed to give marketers, account/project managers or creative professionals a solid technical foundation necessary to excel in an increasingly technical environment.
No prior experience of digital or web technology is required.
The Web Technology In A Day course is led by Mark Brill.
Mark Brill is a digital strategist and innovation consultant, who has been working in digital media, marketing and advertising for over 20 years.
Mark is a senior lecturer on the Future Media Masters course at Birmingham City University, He is also Chair of the DMA Mobile and Connected Marketing Council and speaks regularly at conferences.
Read more about Mark Brill »
Extremely valuable course. Never been to a course or workshop that has been so engaging and relevant before. Easy to take away steps to make instant improvements in how I work.
Very enjoyable course, covering off everything I was expecting and providing plenty food-for-thought and how to improve our current provision.
This is the most interesting and insightful course I have done in my career as a Project Manager. The course was varied yet in-depth and I feel more knowledgeable as a result. Thank you.
The course was excellent and we are very grateful for all the time and effort put into creating it, making it such a success - and fun too!
Network Housing Group