Web Project Management Training Course
Take control of your digital projects
|Course date||Location||Price *|
|30 Oct 2015||Clerkenwell, London||-||SOLD OUT|
Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments
* All prices exclude VAT
Emarketeers' Web Project Management training course empowers web project managers and digital producers with the ability to identify certain project management challenges, and to adopt best practices that will assist them in successfully rising to these challenges. This will result in better managed projects, more efficient internal processes and ultimately happier clients!
The first half of the training course will highlight structured approaches to running web projects, whilst the second part of the course includes on-the-ground essentials used by web and digital project managers.
This fun and interactive course will leave you with brimming with new techniques and inspiration to successfully manage your web and digital projects.
Introducing Web Project Management
- Differences between web and other projects
- Roles and responsibilities within digital teams
- Project manager qualities and what makes a good PM
- Research on why projects fail and how to avoid failure
- Key issues facing digital project managers
Structured Approaches to Web Project Management
- Why use a structured approach
- Which project management approaches to use
- Key differences between Waterfall, Agile and PRINCE2 structured approaches
- Case studies and exercises on which structured approaches to choose
Scoping Web and Digital Projects
- Project scoping and requirements gathering
- A template for writing creative briefs and technical specifications
- Key differences between Waterfall and Agile requirements gathering
- Techniques and tools to manage communications effectively
Maintaining User-Centricity in Web and Digital Projects
- Persona development
- The role of Information Architecture and UX design in digital projects
- Sitemaps, wireframes and user journeys - benefits, techniques and tools
- Emerging roles in digital teams: content strategy
Project Estimating and Planning
- The key components of a digital project estimates
- Techniques to improving developer estimates
- Improving stakeholder buy-in when estimating
- Creating timing plans: 'traditional' vs 'modern' methods
- Handling risk and uncertainty: how to create a risk register
Testing and Deployment
- Evaluating the various types of testing
- Introduction to accessibility compliance
- Essential factors to consider when performing usability testing
- Factors to consider when going live and beyond
Final project exercise
- Open discussion
Following this training course, you will be able to:
- Develop a set of techniques to better control your web and digital projects
- Choose the appropriate structured approach to managing your digital projects
- Manage individual phases and relevant roles within your web projects
- Create scoping documents, creative briefs, estimates and timing plans
- Learn techniques to handle risk and uncertainty
- Improve project communication via project management tools and techniques
- Effectively plan and manage projects, from inception to delivery
- Manage evolving strategies and technologies that impact on digital projects
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, a digital copy of the course materials and four weeks post course support online.
The web project management course typically attracts project managers, producers or account managers at various levels, from basic to mid-level. Most attendees are likely to be involved in commissioning or delivering web or digital projects. This course is suitable for agencies or brands.
This course will be led by Jonathan Saipe, founder of Emarketeers. Jonathan has been involved in the digital arena since the late 90's. He led the Internet development team at the global advertising agency Publicis, launching many diverse and high profile digital campaigns for blue chip clients. He later went on to co-found FIFO Digital Media, a boutique web design and development agency.
Jonathan brings his wealth of web project management experience to the day, making it very interactive, engaging and fun!
See more details about Jonathan Saipe »
A course I would highly recommend. It clearly explains different areas of web project management in a concise, human manner.
The best course I've been on - relevant, interesting, engaging and inspiring - Jonathan is a brilliant trainer (and we were very well fed!)
This course has armed me with an amazing amount of information, packed into a day that was thoroughly enjoyable, without feeling rushed.
Emarketeers have clearly mastered the art of hosting workshops. What was essentially a fairly long day was sailed through and there weren't any moments of boredom or flurry. The pace was carefully crafted to maximize the knowledge intake and delegate attention. I wouldn't think twice about signing up for another one.
Thoroughly enjoyed the web project managerment course, really informative and useful. Both the trainer and participants made the day very worthwhile would definitely recommend the session to my colleagues.
I'd thoroughly recommend this course to anyone already in or hoping to progress in web project management. Suitable for absolutely all levels, it's a really informative day, covering both the basic, essential skills required, as well as expanding on new processes and ideas - a great all rounder!
Invaluable insight into how 'the giants' succeed so well. Great course all round!
The course was very informative without being too technical for the less digital savvy. I certainly came away feeling like I was better equipped to manage digital projects going forward.
Thanks to this course, I feel ready to take on the world. As a company, we were facing a brick wall with digital, losing money on every job. I can't believe there is another way! This course has saved the company money already, and improved our relationship with our clients no end. Our digital projects are now progressive, exciting and we have nothing to fear.
I really enjoyed my day from start to finish, the course was very well structured, and we learned at a pace that allowed you to take it all in without being overwhelmed.