Web Content Strategy Training Course
Maintain control of content planning for online projects
|Course date||Location||Price *|
Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments
* All prices exclude VAT
Content strategy is a new and emergent practice addressing the increasing complexities of web content creation, delivery and management.
Web content strategy skills and tools blend established disciplines – such as communications and editorial planning, marketing and content, with new disciplines including digital workflow planning and management, behavioural insight, social media and analytics. It also encompasses organisational management and strategic planning.
This training course will help organisations understand how web content strategy works, its positive impact and how it needs to be deployed across any business.
Introducing Content Strategy
- Content's for life, not just the re-build
- What or who is a content strategist
- An emerging practice
Defining Web Content Strategy
- The purpose and value of content for your organisation
- The components of content strategy: planning, creating, curating
- Guiding and managing content strategy projects
- Who in the organisation is responsible for content
- Identifying and plugging skills gaps
Content Without Strategy
- Business risks
- Undermanaged resources and budgets
- Missing communication opportunities
Content With Strategy – Planning
- Qualitative and quantitative auditing of content
- Sector and competitor analysis
- Audience definition, needs and expectations
- Measurement and metrics: understanding business goals
- Resources: skills, capacity, budget availability
- Environment: technology platforms and social media
- Strategy: brand and messaging; editorial, structural and organisational delivery
The Content: How It Works
- Where does all the content come from? Marshalling content
- Why a CMS isn’t a content strategy: original, aggregated and licensed content; user generated content
- Developing workflows
- Creating content – who does it
- Writing: it’s not copy, it’s content
- Harnessing all your media options effectively
Content As A business asset: nurturing, developing and retiring it
- Establishing the principle of perpetual change
- Measuring content effectiveness: the difference between measuring the media and what people want
- Content maintenance strategies
Following this course, you will understand:
- How content strategy is an emerging practice and its role alongside existing disciplines
- The business essentials of having a content strategy
- The business risks of not having a content strategy
- The skills and resources required to deliver and manage a content strategy
- Content strategy structure
- The key content strategy tools
- What are the key content strategy tools and processes
- How to prioritise and plan content so projects start faster and more effectively
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of course material and four weeks post course support online.
This training course will suit anyone with direct or evolving responsibility for producing, managing or overseeing content, with particular emphasis on online projects. It is relevant to client or agency teams and includes: marketers, copywriters, web managers, publishers, customer service managers, editors, PR and media professionals.
The Web Content Strategy training course will be led by Clare O'Brien.
Clare is a marketing and communications professional whose career has spanned several branches of the media. In addition to taking Emarketeers' content strategy training courses, she runs CDA, a content strategy and digital communications consultancy.
Clare is also Industry Programmes Consultant at the IAB.
Read more about Clare O'Brien »
An interesting course that encapsulates the essence of content strategy!
Nicki Peters, Web Editorial Coordinator
European Society for Medical Oncology
This is a great course for anyone looking to make sense of their content and planning for the future of their online business.
Ian Stewart, Intranet Development Manager
Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
This course is a very useful overview to planning and implementing content strategy in the real world.
Stephen Little, Head of Digital Services
Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
An excellent course with a knowledgeable and friendly tutor.
Paul Curry, Assistant Information Officer
Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
A comprehensive and thoroughly enjoyable workshop on Web Content Strategy - highly recommended.
Beverley Brown, Global Web Content & SEO Manager
Excellent course, covered all the aspects I was interested in and left me raring to go!
Charlotte Peters, Copywriter
The course delivered a great overview of web content strategy, with a nice mix of discussion, role play and team exercises; highly recommended!
Adam Zaschke, eCommerce Associate
The Content Strategy Course was a really helpful insight from an expert in the field into a fast developing dicsipline both on- and offline. I found the course clear and interesting and came away with definite actions to take forward in the workplace.
Rebecca Cryan, Online Community Officer
Macmillan Cancer Support
The course exceeded my expectations. The presenters were excellent, fun and had a perfect balance of professionalism, humour, energy and experience. Can't wait to do another course with Emarketeers!
Tamara Adame, Marketing Programme Coordinator
The Web Content Strategy course gave me a useful framework for my future projects for copywriting and content revision. The course was fun, informative and most importantly it gives you tools for real-life situations.
Colleen Monney, Online Copywriting Specialist
Laureate International Universities
This course has given me some good ideas on how to revitalise our (lack of) content strategy.
Alison Cecil-Smith, eComms Manager
Legal Services Commission