Video for Web Training Course
Produce online video content that delivers measurable results
|Please note: This course is currently only available in-house|
Video is now an expected part of people's online experience. 80% of Internet users worldwide watch video over the web, with the average person in the UK watching 180 online videos per month.
Online video is among the fastest-growing forms of digital marketing. With such rapid growth there is great potential for marketers to achieve excellent value for money and gain exceptional return on investment. But as with all new and emerging methods, finding tried and tested strategies for implementation and measurement can be difficult.
So, how do you seize the opportunity in the right way? Our Video for Web training course will help any business or brand apply resources in a strategic way that takes into account the latest tools and techniques to achieve clear, measurable results from online video.
You will learn all the key aspects of online video to make the right decision about your online video strategy, from understanding how web video works and creating robust systems for its measurement, through to understanding audiences and setting creative briefs to ensure you’re producing content that will succeed.
- Online video – content is king
- Moving from corporate video to ‘viral’ films and brand entertainment
- Defining your goals, metrics and budgets
- Online video strategies
Online video essentials
- How video works on websites
- Key differences in audiences
- Social sharing, comments and reviews
- Choosing between web video platforms
- Getting an audience
- What can you measure?
Online video for sales / conversions
- Product / campaign response videos
- Creating calls-to-action in video
- Video in email campaigns
- Using video to improve conversions
Online video for brand engagement
- Brand entertainment
- Giving your audience what they want
- Getting your brand the exposure it needs
- Maximising the benefits of social sharing and social media
- User-generated content
Briefing and working with video production companies
- Why go out-of-house
- What you're buying
- How to brief, shortlist and choose
- What to expect
Producing content in-house
- Why "go" in-house
- Essential hardware and software
- How long it'll take
- How to involve your colleagues
- Keeping it short and simple
- Getting your suppliers and partners to help
Campaign measurement and making on-going improvements
- Understanding conversion and performance metrics
- Improving content with duration monitoring
- Tracking click-throughs
- Reducing abandonment and bounce rates
- Analysing video's position in the user-journey
- A/B and Multivariate testing
The future of online video
- Understanding accessibility legislation
- Professional content vs. user-generated content
- Continued growth and technological developments
- Changes in length, content type and audience expectations
- Balancing commerce and entertainment
Following this training course, you will understand how to:
- Plan an effective online video project
- Make the right decisions about your audience and how to reach them
- Stay within the legislation when publishing video to the web
- Create genuine engagement and attribute direct bottom-line benefits
- Interpret campaign metrics and make continuous improvements
- Pick the right partner for content production
- Create your own web video using a few simple tips and low-cost equipment
- Plan for future developments and innovations in online video
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of course material and four weeks post course support online.
This course is a non-technical online video course aimed at delegates who need to enhance or update their knowledge of online video strategy and the technical and practical considerations that matter. The course typically attracts marketing professionals, e-commerce managers or online content managers - agency or client-side.
This course will be led by Steffan Aquarone, who at just 20 years old was a founding director of award-winning film production and post-production company Fullrange. At Fullrange, Steffan worked with major clients including Land Rover, Vodafone and American Express helping launch their video campaigns. Steffan speaks regularly to audiences about film and media and uses his deep understanding of online video to engage and educate.
See more details about Steffan Aquarone »
This course was packed full of interesting tips. From strategy, to metrics, to selecting the right online platform, it gave me lots of new ideas as well as the practical advice that I needed.
Adrienne MacDonald, Web Editor
I have no hesitation in recommending Emarketeers courses. The content is always relevant, interesting and will help you improve your business.
Marianne Knowles, Senior Communications Officer
Manchester Metropolitan University
If you want to understand why you need online video or why you need to sell or produce it - look no further
Lindsey Hopkinson, Managing Director
Little Yellow Jacket