Twitter for Business Training Course
Use Twitter to drive business success
|Course date||Location||Price *|
|St Pancras, London||£495.00||Book Now|
Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes refreshments
* All prices exclude VAT
With over 300 thousand new daily visitors and over 175 million Tweets a day, in the last two years Twitter has become a mainstream communications platform and is now considered to be a critical business tool.
But what does it mean for you and your business specifically? How do you sort the hype from the reality? Where do you begin? How can it be used? And what things do you need to consider to use Twitter strategically?
This revealing one day course will mix together theory, hands-on exercises and discussion to get you quickly and confidently up to speed with using Twitter in a business context.
- Setting up your account and strategies around personal and corporate branding
- Followers and following – how to find people, best practices in growing your followers
- Tips on what to write, frequency and the tone to use
- Adding links, photos and using URL shorteners
- Lists – what are they, and how can they be useful?
- How to reply to tweets and contact followers privately
- Getting to know the lingo and etiquette – @, DM, RT, hashtags
- Using search and why it’s important for businesses
Using Twitter on your mobile or desktop
- Introduction to desk top and mobile applications
- Real-time search – and applications for use
Integrating in other media into your tweets and associated tools
- How are different businesses and brands (large and small) using Twitter to help them in their business?
- Who's got it right, who’s got it wrong?
Understanding and measuring your brand presence
- How to monitor conversations related to your brand(s)
- Tools to measure and understand your impact within Twitter
Creating a company Twitter strategy
- Discussion and brain-storming how Twitter could be useful for your organisation - going beyond marketing
- Who in your company should be representing your brand and areas of business
- Guidelines for operating a brand Twitter feed
- Guidelines for employees
- A Twitter strategy example template
Following this training course, you will be able to:
- Consider how Twitter can benefit you or your organisation
- Use correct terminology and etiquette when tweeting
- Assess good and bad practices when using Twitter
- Monitor buzz and conversations
- Grow your list of Twitter followers
- Create a corporate-wide Twitter strategy
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, hard and soft copies of course materials and four weeks post course support online.
The Twitter for Business training course typically attracts marketing or brand managers, customer service managers and community managers from SME's to organisations within the public sector, third sector and private sector.
No prior knowledge of using Twitter is required. Delegates are asked to bring a WiFi enabled laptop.
The Twitter for Business course is led by Matt Alder who has spent the last 14 years working in the online space specialising in brand strategy for numerous clients across both the private and public sectors. Matt is passionate about innovation and has a strong interest in how the digital revolution is changing the way companies communicate. He is an enthusiastic social media experimenter and an avid Twitter user.
See more details on Matt Alder »
The Twitter for Business course was thorough, well-organised and inspiring. It has introduced me to some very valuable tools that will change the way I "tweet" for the better!
Heather Black, Teacher Services Executive
This course was brilliant for widening my knowledge in Twitter and giving me more confidence in using it the right way. Matt was fab and covered everything I needed, the venue, people and lunch was nice too!
Stephanie Bone, Marketing Manager
The Felbridge Hotel and Spa
An informative and fun one-day course that unlocks the secrets to successful tweeting!
Emma Pegg, Digital Media Leader
Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
The Twitter course was great for me as a complete beginner. The day after the course, I am now tweeting from two accounts!
John Madew, Investment Director
Australian Trade Commission
I enjoyed this course and learnt more than I thought I would!
Elizabeth Mcginity, Marketing and Communications Co-ordinator