Social Media Strategy Training Course
Learn the framework to develop a successful social media strategy
Since the inception of the web, there have been huge changes in how media is consumed and produced. At the forefront of this media evolution is social media - a participatory phenomenon used by millions of people every day.
Despite its huge penetration, running a successful social media campaign is becoming increasingly challenging as channels constantly evolve, audiences are regularly deluged in messages and content, and measuring ROI continues to remain elusive.
Emarketeers' social media strategy course will reveal the latest trends, audience behaviours, social media principles, case studies and tools that will enable you to create a successful social media strategy and integrate it into areas such as marketing, product development and customer services.
Attendees will finish the day with a blueprint to create a social media strategy document and content plan, ensuring that all social media campaigns have the best chance of success..
The Social Media Landscape
- A view of the current marketplace
- Latest trends and developments
- Current challenges and issues
- Understanding the network economy
- Case studies - good and bad examples
Social Media Campaign Planning
- Creating social media objectives and KPI’s
- Developing a social media ROI model
- Using the SWOT model for social media planning
- Planning with the SOSTAC framework
- Understanding the competitor landscape
- Monitoring social media success with baselines
- Converting strategy into tactics
Audiences For Social Media
- Understanding customer behaviours and drivers
- Techniques to learn about customer needs
- Audience profiling
- Conversations through Social Media - how to create a dialogue
- How to drive word of mouth
- Cultivating relationships and building trust through Social Media
Social Media Content
- Key channels for social networking, collaboration, photo, video & document sharing, blogs and microblogs
- The customer journey: integrating channels
- Developing an awareness ladder
- Creating a content plan and calendar
- Understanding popularity versus influence
- How and why content “goes viral”
Measurement And Monitoring
- Official and unofficial - what people are saying about your brand in the Social Media space
- Analysis techniques and tools
- Interpreting the results
- Benchmarking practices
- Ethics - the laws behind Social Media
- Legal best practices
Your Brand's Social Media Objectives
- Discussion about objectives for your brand
- Group exercise, including feedback
Following this training course, you will be able to:
- Create a social media strategy plan or document for your brand
- Agree your campaign objectives, benchmark success and measure ROI
- Plan your social media campaigns using industry proven frameworks
- Integrate social media with your brand, sales and CRM goals
- Confidently use the appropriate channels to engage with your audiences
- Plan your content calendar around audience needs and drivers
- Learn from success and failure of other organisations’ social media campaigns
- Implement techniques and tools for measuring your social media success
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, a digital copy of course material and four weeks post course support online.
This training course is primarily targeting users of social media who need to gain a greater understanding of implementing social media strategies for external comms. Typical attendees are marketers, community managers, PR professionals, publishers and account planners.
The Social Media Strategy course is led by Andrew Lloyd Gordon. Andrew is a true veteran in digital marketing, having worked in the industry for over 13 years. He is a highly experienced presenter, mentor, coach and trainer, advising many commercial and not-for-profit organisations on topics including conversion rate optimisation and social media strategies.
Read more about Andrew Lloyd Gordon »
An excellent and thought-provoking course with a lot of open discussions. I left with lots of food for thought for developing a complete social media strategy.
Fantastic course. Came away with lots of knowledge of how to use social media correctly.
The course structure was clear, well-paced and the trainer encouraged questions and discussion. I now have the knowledge and confidence to implement a social media strategy for my company - thanks!
British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association
Andrew is an excellent trainer, and the whole event was lively, thought provoking and thoroughly instructive. Many thanks.
Great course with lots of informal open discussions!
Great tutor, and a nicely paced course, my questions were answered throughout and the whole experience was a very positive one.
This course was great insight into how to approach writing a social media strategy and also gave me excellent insight into new tools available to help support me in the future with better understanding of social media.
The Christie charity
This course has enabled me to understand where to start with developing a social media strategy, the right reasons for doing so, and how to evaluate activity as I go along.
Sports Coach UK
This workshop opened my eyes to the real power of social media and the complexities of using it effectively. I feel equipped to go away and strategise a plan toward profitable digital marketing.
Norwich University of the Arts
A worthwhile course on how to tackle Social Media from a business perspective, presented by the course leader in an easy to digest way. I've come away with lots of ideas for our SM strategy. Thanks for a great day!
The Honourable Society of Gray's Inn