Social Media Strategy Training Course
Have better conversations through effective social media strategy
|Course date||Location||Price *|
||£395.00 (20% off)||Book Now|
||£395.00 (20% off)||Book Now|
Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments
* All prices exclude VAT
Since the inception of the web, there have been huge changes in how media is consumed and produced. At the forefront of this media evolution is social media - a participatory phenomenon used by millions of people every day.
Despite its huge penetration, running a successful social media campaign is becoming increasingly challenging as channels constantly evolve, audiences are regularly deluged in messages and content, and measuring ROI continues to remain elusive.
Emarketeers' social media strategy course will reveal the latest trends, audience behaviours, social media principles, case studies and tools that will enable you to create a successful social media strategy and integrate it into areas such as marketing, product development and customer services.
Attendees will finish the day with a blueprint to create a social media strategy document and content plan, ensuring that all social media campaigns have the best chance of success.
The Social Media Landscape
- A view of the current marketplace
- Latest trends and developments
- Current challenges and issues
- Understanding the network economy
- Case studies - good and bad examples
Social Media Campaign Planning
- Creating social media objectives and KPI’s
- Developing a social media ROI model
- Using the SWOT model for social media planning
- Planning with the SOSTAC framework
- Understanding the competitor landscape
- Monitoring social media success with baselines
- Converting strategy into tactics
Audiences For Social Media
- Understanding customer behaviours and drivers
- Techniques to learn about customer needs
- Audience profiling
- Conversations through Social Media - how to create a dialogue
- How to drive word of mouth
- Cultivating relationships and building trust through Social Media
Social Media Content
- Key channels for social networking, collaboration, photo, video & document sharing, blogs and microblogs
- The customer journey: integrating channels
- Developing an awareness ladder
- Creating a content plan and calendar
- Understanding popularity versus influence
- How and why content “goes viral”
Measurement And Monitoring
- Official and unofficial - what people are saying about your brand in the Social Media space
- Analysis techniques and tools
- Interpreting the results
- Benchmarking practices
- Ethics - the laws behind Social Media
- Legal best practices
Your Brand's Social Media Objectives
- Discussion about objectives for your brand
- Group exercise, including feedback
Following this training course, you will be able to:
- Create a social media strategy plan or document for your brand
- Agree your campaign objectives, benchmark success and measure ROI
- Plan your social media campaigns using industry proven frameworks
- Integrate social media with your brand, sales and CRM goals
- Confidently use the appropriate channels to engage with your audiences
- Plan your content calendar around audience needs and drivers
- Learn from success and failure of other organisations’ social media campaigns
- Implement techniques and tools for measuring your social media success
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, a digital copy of course material and four weeks post course support online.
This training course is primarily targeting users of social media who need to gain a greater understanding of implementing social media strategies for external comms. Typical attendees are marketers, community managers, PR professionals, publishers and account planners.
The Social Media Strategy course is led by Andrew Lloyd Gordon. Andrew is a true veteran in digital marketing, having worked in the industry for over 13 years. He is a highly experienced presenter, mentor, coach and trainer, advising many commercial and not-for-profit organisations on topics including conversion rate optimisation and social media strategies.
Read more about Andrew Lloyd Gordon »
The Social Media Strategy Course arms all attendees with tools and research methods to get the best out of social and digital media to ensure valuable ROI. Highly recommended.
Brilliant eye opener of a course, well worth attending as it really made me realise what a huge scope Social Media can offer.
AXA PPP healthcare
A training course that's a genuinely good use of time! Emarketeers know their stuff. The course gave me a thorough overview and a good understanding of social media and how best to use it in our organisation.
This course really focussed on integrating social media into your current business plan rather than setting up campaigns just for the sake of it. Lots of practical tips as well as strategic food for thought.
Fast paced, educational and enjoyable. A very valuable use of my time!
Had a very enjoyable day! Andrew was very friendly and knowledgeable - he gave us a lot to think about. I came away feeling very positive and confident about tackling our own Social Media Strategy.
Lively enjoyable course on social media strategies. The tools may change over time but the principles remain the same.
For those people who have got their social media up and running, but don't really know what they're doing with it all, this course helps give you a fantastic push in the right direction!
The Cardinal Group
Great course, realised how out of touch I had got! Need to keep learning to keep up with the latest trends.
The social media strategy course is fantastic and the course leader was very knowledgeable. I came away with lots of important questions for my organisation and the tools to be more effective with social media.
New Zealand Trade and Enterprise