Responsive Design Training Course
Plan and deliver content for all devices and viewports
|Please note: This course is currently only available in-house|
Responsive design has exploded in recent years, thanks to the number of people accessing websites and emails via mobile phones and tablets as well as desktop computers.
Being responsive is not only critical in giving users an optimal viewing experience, it also has well-known conversion optimisation and SEO benefits, proven by Google's recent mobile-friendly update.
Brands adopting a "mobile first" strategy are now reaping the rewards among a device agnostic customer-base.
Whether you're a marketer, designer, project manager or developer, this informative and interactive course will teach you the latest strategies and tactics around optimising your design, content and code in order to meet the latest responsive design standards.
Responsive Design for Multi-Platform Experiences
- Why multi-device, why multi-platform?
- The web user landscape - latest stats and trends
- User experience behaviour across multiple devices
- Responsive vs Adaptive sites for mobile and tablet
What is Responsive Design?
- Creating device-agnostic sites optimised for all viewports
- Designing for 'mobile first'
- Designing for flexibility
- Fixed or Fluid? The problem with static layouts
Optimising The Mobile User Experience & SEO
- Designing sites to adapt to different devices, screen and viewport sizes
- How to use media queries to make a layout that adapts to different setups
- Different media query techniques
- Google's mobile-friendly update and optimising for mobile search
Using Images & Videos
- How to create flexible backgrounds that look great using new background image techniques
- Working with “retina” graphics for a responsive design on iPads and iPhones
- Responsive video - how to serve different quality video for different devices
Techniques When Building Responsive Sites
- Learn the foundations for creating scalable, fluid sites
- Using percentages to create fluid layouts
- The effect on padding your layout elements
- An introduction to CSS3 flex box
- Templates and popular development tools
- Responsive design testing tools
- Coding resources and guides
Following this training course, you will understand:
- How to plan and deliver digital content across different devices and viewports
- The issues and challenges facing designers and developers when dealing with responsive design
- Techniques used by digital teams when dealing with device agnostic audiences
- Coding techniques deployed by developers to assist in responsive design
- How to scope and estimate for responsive design projects
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of course material and four weeks post course support online.
The responsive design course is aimed at anyone interested in learning how to optimise their design, content and code across multiple devices and viewports. Typical attendees include: designers, project managers, digital producers, developers, UX professionals and marketers.
The responsive design course is led by Mark Brill.
Mark Brill is a digital strategist and innovation consultant, who has been working in digital media, marketing and advertising for over 20 years.
Mark is a senior lecturer on the Future Media Masters course at Birmingham City University, He is also Chair of the DMA Mobile and Connected Marketing Council and speaks regularly at conferences.
Read more about Mark Brill »
Good course for responsive design and user interaction! Makes you think outside the box!
A great course which has given me invaluable knowledge about the importance of responsive design and how to consider usability on different devices.