Programmatic Advertising Training Course
Get to grips with programmatic display ads and real-time bidding
The digital display advertising market has been rapidly "going programmatic" with real-time bidding, and soon this will also affect traditional media channels such as out-of-home (OOH), TV and Radio. The new order of programmatic ad buying and trading is jargon-packed and difficult to comprehend.
This course provides a comprehensive overview of the programmatic trading landscape, explaining how it's all connected and the technology making it all work. It also provides insight into what it might become!
Whether you're in media planning, buying or sales, this course will help you understand more about why huge swathes of budget have been going to the Trading Desk; why it can be a huge benefit to all, and what the potential pitfalls might be.
Setting The Scene
- How did we get here - a brief history of time, the universe and advertising
- Interactive jargon busting: getting to understand your DMP from your DSP and your OMP!
- The context for programmatic advertising explained
Audience Buying 1.0 (Conventional) Versus 2.0 (Programmatic)
- How did we target audiences before programmatic
- Why conventional media planning can be a limited art
- How does audience targeting in the programmatic world differ
- Is programmatic buying more scientific? Is it fool proof?
How Does Programmatic Advertising Work
- The mechanics and timing of how a display ad appears
- Play your cards right (AKA The Interactive Trading Game):
- A demonstration of the mechanics of buying through real-time auctions and bidding
- Are all impressions created equal?
- What happens if people with budgets compete for valuable users in a competitive environment
The Pros and Cons of Programmatic Buying for Agency/Advertiser/Publisher
- Is programmatic advertising better for everyone?
- Does everyone benefit equally, or are all three parties gaining in some areas and losing in others
Further Considerations Within The Programmatic Ad World
- The importance of data in programmatic trading
- How can your own data be used to augment audience targeting?
- Can you buy 3rd party data to perform a similar task?
- What is 2nd party data, and how might it be created?
- The problem of fraud: what types exist and how can we avoid it?
- Dynamic creative in an automated world
- Using non-standard formats in a programmatic world
Future Gazing - Programmatic Advertising In Conventional Channels
- The impact on conventional channels: out of home, radio & TV
- How programmatic advertising will and could change media buying and planning
- The changing face of the industry and what it means in the medium term
Following this training course, you will have a better understanding of:
- How programmatic advertising and real-time bidding works
- The programmatic trading ecosystem and wow ads are delivered
- How auction based buying/selling works
- The advantages and disadvantages of programmatic advertising
- How to improve performance - whether you are buying, selling, or advertising
- The challenges and pitfalls to avoid
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of course material and four weeks post course support online.
This course is aimed at anyone planning, managing, buying or selling digital media and need to further their knowledge of programmatic display advertising.
Typical attendees include: media planner/buyers, sales staff, digital account managers, ad ops or digital marketers. This course is suitable for agencies, brands or publishers.
This course will be led by Dave Katz, a digital media veteran since 1999.
Having worked at three leading agencies, ilevel, Havas and Omnicom, and two international networks, Advertising.com and Ybrant, Dave has a wealth of experience in both the buying and selling of conventional and programmatic display activity.
See more details on Dave Katz »