Designing Persuasive Websites Training Course
Increase your online conversion rates through persuasive web design
|Please note: This course is currently only available in-house|
Driving visitors to your website is only half the battle. The other half is getting them to buy or enquire. Your marketing efforts in attracting visitors to your website are wasted if they leave your website without buying or getting in touch.
You are probably too close to look at your website from a customer perspective. You know what your copy means, how your navigation works and the real value of your products and services. Unfortunately, your website visitors will give only you seconds before they leave your website uninterested.
This unique training course will give you a thorough grounding in the principles of persuasive website design. You will discover that making a few simple changes to your website can make a dramatic difference to the number of people who read your content, browse your web pages, complete your enquiry forms or buy from you.
Through an interactive mix of theory, practical exercises and real-world-examples, you will be shown how to apply the essential principles of website persuasion.
Introduction to Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO)
- The key principles of CRO
- Determining your Conversion Rate
- 9 ways you can quickly improve your website
- The fundamental drivers of human behaviour: how you can apply them to your website
- Why it is important to grab attention and how to do it
- The 25 key optimisation factors you must know
- Prioritising changes to your website
Identify problem areas on your website
- Calculating the impact of improving your persusaion
- Securing buy-in from the wider team and avoiding "Group Think"
- Using Web Analytics to identify problems
- How to model the behaviour of your online visitors
- Gathering "Voice of the Customer" data
- Rapid feedback gathering tools
- Simple ways to develop Customer Journeys
- The basic optimisation tools and free / low-cost websites and online resources
Develop a website testing programme
- How and when to run optimisation tests
- Describing what is a ‘scientific test’
- The key metrics you must pay attention to
- How to benchmark your website against others
- Simple ways to understand the maths
- 3 different ways to interpret the data
- The most important thing you should do with the data you acquire
Implementing website changes
- Why the classic AIDA model stands the test of time
- The importance of attention grabbing headlines
- Describing your visitor personas
- Using the power of Emotion to engage with your your customer personas
- Inserting the right keywords at the right points
- Understanding and designing effective Landing Pages
- Which web optimisation practices must be followed and which can be safely ignored
- Easy ways to tell a persuasive story online
- Page elements that will keep visitors on your site for longer
- Tips and techniques for improving the visibility of your Calls to Action
- 10 important ways to establish trust with your online visitors
Following this training course, you will be able to:
- Make your website more credible, trustworthy and persuasive
- Deploy free and low cost usability and testing tools
- Form deeper relationships with your online customers
- Use tools to build highly effective landing pages
- Create your own Website Testing Framework and Methodology
- Create realistic visitor personas and scenarios
- Integrate your Content Strategy into your Conversion Strategy
- Explain your web optimisation work to Senior Managers and Executives
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, hard and soft copies of course materials and four weeks post course support online.
The persuasive web design training course attracts business owners, marketers, project manager or content editors with responsibility for optimising website content to generate enquiries, purchases, leads or other desired actions.
This course is also suitable for web designers or programmers who are looking to create more customer-centric and effective websites.
Please note: Specialist web design or web analytics knowledge is not required for this course.
The persuasive web design course is led by Andrew Lloyd Gordon, an industry veteran with 13 years digital marketing experience. Andrew's background in sales and marketing, and qualifications in psychology, give him the perfect credentials to lead this course.
He is a highly experienced presenter, mentor, coach and trainer, advising many commercial and non-profit organisations on topics including email marketing, conversion rate optimisation (CRO) and social media strategies.
Read more about Andrew Lloyd Gordon »